Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bumble, Tinder, Hinge & dating apps are destroying America

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lockdowns helped the apps. Nightlife venues were dead for at least 2 years. Daygame was affected because doing approaches in grocery stores or malls while wearing a mask wasn't going to happen. Indoor masking was a major game killer.

The only options were outdoor approaching, swipe apps, or sending DMs on social media. All 3 are very tough options.

The Match Group is not a great company in any way. With that said, the Match Group is less of a problem than you think that it is. Consider the article below and the five phases model of online dating.

When Match has bought sites/apps like OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, or Tinder, those sites/apps were already in the latter stages of Phase 3, if not Phase 4. Match bought OkCupid in 2011, 7 years after its launched. OkCupid was well established by then. Match bough Plenty of Fish in 2015, 12 years after it launched. Match bought Tinder in 2017, 5 years after it launched and well after it had started to decline. When Match bought Hinge in 2018, it was in a better place in the lifecycle than any of the other 3 examples. Your argument is most valid for Hinge.

You can make the argument that Match's management ruined all those platforms more and that would be a valid argument.
They did. OKC cupid was fairly easy to get replies from. Now you can't really even chat with anyone there. POF didn't get any worse really. Not until a few months ago when they limited your messages before you gotta pay. The Upward up was just fine to use until Match snatched it up. Upward still has hot christian girls but you get so few swipes before you gotta pay up. Makes it near impossible to use for free.

Oh and Match, their premier website is super glitchy now. Last couple months on my phone I can't even get on it for hours at a time. OKC was just fine for awhile until 3 years ago they decided to kill it off.

Twitter is talking about making a dating site. Hopefully it will stay free for awhile. However, I doubt it will be as good as the facebook dating app since a lot more seem to use facebook.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OKC cupid was fairly easy to get replies from. Now you can't really even chat with anyone there. POF didn't get any worse really. Not until a few months ago when they limited your messages before you gotta pay. The Upward up was just fine to use until Match snatched it up. Upward still has hot christian girls but you get so few swipes before you gotta pay up. Makes it near impossible to use for free.

Oh and Match, their premier website is super glitchy now. Last couple months on my phone I can't even get on it for hours at a time. OKC was just fine for awhile until 3 years ago they decided to kill it off.
OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, and Match are all relics of a past era. They have niche followings now.

Match is a site for older people and divorcees to get together. Mainly betas and divorced women/single moms.

OkCupid is a bit for alt people now.

Plenty of Fish is straight up trash and has been for a long time.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, and Match are all relics of a past era. They have niche followings now.

Match is a site for older people and divorcees to get together. Mainly betas and divorced women/single moms.

OkCupid is a bit for alt people now.

Plenty of Fish is straight up trash and has been for a long time.
POF and OKC always trash, BUT you could still find that occasional super hottie on POF if you sent a normal message and sounded serious.

Match while older still generally had the best looking girls. It seems OLD the women a bit older are hotter because a 22 year old normal girl doesn't need OLD. Even on swipe apps the women over 30 in many cases look better. Hot just out of college 22 year olds don't need them unless they use them to get more followers on instagram.

The main thing is COST with Match LLC websites. They're expensive. I'm not sure how Eharmony is. I signed up for free account once and most of the women were at least 60 or more miles away from me! Catholic Match had some hotties but they were at least 90 miles away mostly.