Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bumble, Tinder, Hinge & dating apps are destroying America

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on a handful of app dates in my time and the recurring theme I notice is that the women are nearly ALWAYS socially awkward and are on these apps for very good reason

One girl who was effectively a Femcel catfishing herself as a "normal woman" , within 10 mins I realised I had been sold down the river

After that experience I deleted all of them because I realized
"Normal women" have strong enough social circles and interpersonal skills to enable them to meet "normal men" in the real world

these are the types of women you want to seriously date and sleep with

People that are on these apps are far from normal , there is usually heavy psychological trauma, insecurity and unrealistic expectations at play
This made me laugh "sold down the river" This was spot on and I just wanted to add real quick

I've also seen(hot) girls who are broken/narcissists/ or just bad women overall not socially awkward but just trash IRL hence they can't meet someone who will take them seriously and have to resort to OLD

Also seen lotta ran through hoes that men know IRL are hoes and have to resort to OLD most men wouldn't know unless you pay attention to red flags or have the inside drop on a chick living in a medium size town it's not hard to get info on chicks if you know whom to ask

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From FaceTime and instant messaging to the plethora of social media platforms on the internet, “interconnected” has perhaps become the most fitting term to describe contemporary society. And indeed, with our ability to communicate with anyone at the click of a button, we now have more opportunities to connect than ever before. All of this considered, one question remains: Why do so manyAmericans feel more lonely now than ever?

The ultimate goal of online dating apps should be to function as a conduit in creating committed relationships, right? Wrong. The realm of online dating has become a multi-billion dollar industry — an industry that profits primarily off of user addiction, especially by keeping its users single. The way that the industry accomplishes this is twofold, relying on qualities ofgamification and what psychologist Barry Schwartz refers to as the “paradox of choice.”

————

Thoughts?
I agree with what someone else said - it´s not that these companies are evil and don't want people to match up. They simply don't care. All they care about it making money, which they do by selling the dream to men that are hoping to get laid. And they sell the same BS to women as well (meet your soulmate, your future husband etc etc).

I suppose it´s not suprising that handing over control of your dating life to a software company run by ultrawoke geeks isn´t necessarily the most effective way to get laid.

For a start, where are the "Fat Whale" filters and why can´t I filter women by "Willingless to Actually Open Their Legs", bedroom skill ratings by other dudes etc instead of having to look at fatties in miniskirts that "just want friendship".

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a 200 dollar plus gym and the sauna convos are always full of high value men or budding high value men. I do get hit on at the gym, but I would not want to mess the relationship up and it be an awkward encounter. I used to have a fling with a girl at my gym, but she was one of those that only went to the classes. I haven’t seen her since we ended things though. There are some “gym crushes” at my gym, but it’s not worth the potential fallback imho. This is also coming from someone aiming for a LTR, so good luck pumping and dumping in your own gym.
The classes are easier for approaching than the general gym floor.

Things can get awkward at the gym under a lot of situations. If a man asks a woman out at the gym (either classes or general gym floor) and she says no, then things will get awkward between to some degree. If there's a first date between a man and woman from the same gym that doesn't result a 2nd date (think one date, no sex), then that will also be somewhat awkward. If there's sex between a man and a woman at the gym and somehow a relationship doesn't happen, then that will also lead to at least one party having bad feelings and awkwardness. If sex happens and then there's an extended relationship but it ends after a period of 6 months - 3 years, it will get awkward and at least one other person will need to get a new gym.

Most of my gfs friends are married and I met her on the swipe app while she was in a lost cause relationship with her ex. The single women in their group do get pity and remorse from the friends because they are seen as helpless hopeless romantics at this point. The men do not get the same treatment and I rarely see them get invited to events and such.
Most social circles have a blue pill ideology towards romantic relationships. Social circles that are mainly couples perceive unattached women more favorably than unattached men. None of what you report is at all unexpected or surprising.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fck the apps its disgusting just a trash meat market for humans some photos a bio and that's all you are just another participant in the market for love with ur photos and bios just another worker in the system with ur cv and experience for all ur life exp and evrything u put in they will look at ur profile/cv for 10 second and approve or dissaprove and this gentlemen is what ur life comes down to in 2023
You are obviously an Average Frustrated Chump.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most social circles have a blue pill ideology towards romantic relationships. Social circles that are mainly couples perceive unattached women more favorably than unattached men. None of what you report is at all unexpected or surprising.
It's been my experience that women in social circles consider any new unattached men to be there for the sole purpose of dating the fat chicks in the circle. :mad:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been my experience that women in social circles consider any new unattached men to be there for the sole purpose of dating the fat chicks in the circle. :mad:
Yeah I don't get this romanticized image of joining a social circle and suddenly being met with hot women crawling at your feet.

xavier_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol thanks y’all just made Xavier richer.

if you hate it so much why don’t u freaking create a better app

which is what yours truly is gonna do

xavier_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol sometimes the answer is just approaching the cute chick from the coffee shop who looks like she has a b face but is really like that cause no guys walk up to her

xavier_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways for a fellow entrepreneur that’s ur hint.

May the best app win :)

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are obviously an Average Frustrated Chump.
ICBA meeting new women I got enough prospects but I still need to move things forward I am kinda stuck atm.

I get numbers and get close to women IRL and from that I have enough prospects dont think I need or would like apps. Its a different thing talking to a girl IRL seeing her reactions, expressions, warm-approach etc on the apps its much harder to build attraction and connection. I have many good prospects like 5-10 I met all IRL not one on an app.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From FaceTime and instant messaging to the plethora of social media platforms on the internet, “interconnected” has perhaps become the most fitting term to describe contemporary society. And indeed, with our ability to communicate with anyone at the click of a button, we now have more opportunities to connect than ever before. All of this considered, one question remains: Why do so manyAmericans feel more lonely now than ever?

The ultimate goal of online dating apps should be to function as a conduit in creating committed relationships, right? Wrong. The realm of online dating has become a multi-billion dollar industry — an industry that profits primarily off of user addiction, especially by keeping its users single. The way that the industry accomplishes this is twofold, relying on qualities ofgamification and what psychologist Barry Schwartz refers to as the “paradox of choice.”

————

Thoughts?
The ultimate goal of online dating apps should be to function as a conduit in creating committed relationships, right?
Apps are there to make money, period. There are some like zoosk that will literally scam you out of your money with fake matches, and they're designed to be addictive. But at least they actually provide a real service, some great relationships actually DO start on OLD.

I'd say Onlyfans is a far worse thing for society in general. It provides zero real value to anyone but the shareholders and keeps way more men single than OLD ever will. It breeds incels and betas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say Onlyfans is a far worse thing for society in general. It provides zero real value to anyone but the shareholders and keeps way more men single than OLD ever will. It breeds incels and betas.
OnlyFans worsens the problems of incels and betas. A lot of men are already incels and betas by the time they start using OnlyFans.

Betas are changing for the worse too. A beta male of 1980 isn't the same as a beta male of the 2010s-2020s.

The ultimate goal of online dating apps should be to function as a conduit in creating committed relationships, right?
Apps are there to make money, period. There are some like zoosk that will literally scam you out of your money with fake matches, and they're designed to be addictive. But at least they actually provide a real service, some great relationships actually DO start on OLD.
The ultimate goal of dating apps is to make the shareholders money and possibly get a good ESG score to please the Big 3 large institutional investors of BlackRock, State Street, and Vanguard.

Some extended relationships start on swipe apps but that's not their purpose. Their purpose is to make money and they make money when users fail and stay single longer. Some users eventually get fed up and quit, like I did based on my disappointing experiences. Most male users (the users who make money for the apps) have a blue pill ideology towards relationships. They also won't see a good alternative. The typical Average Frustrated Chump now doesn't want to spend the time to do in-person approaching.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way that the industry accomplishes this is twofold, relying on qualities ofgamification and what psychologist Barry Schwartz refers to as the “paradox of choice.”
Regarding the paradox of choice, it exists not only within an app but also by the fact there are several apps, with 3 major ones listed in the title of the thread. Although they basically operate on the same principles (profiles with photos, short description and swiping) there's this idea that I find funny that for instance Tinder is for hookups while Hinge is for more serious, relationship oriented people. That's BS, as long as there are no different entry requirements. In other words, a hoe who has been pumped & dumped on Tinder can't just claim she's a lady by signing up to Hinge.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
What about the girl that's a 9/10 is she "ran through" as well:)
Ran through is ran through, shouldn’t matter if it’s a bang-n-go, but who wants to gf the town bicycle?

p.s. although nowadays you youngsters like all kinds of sluttery, so who knows?

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OnlyFans worsens the problems of incels and betas. A lot of men are already incels and betas by the time they start using OnlyFans.

Betas are changing for the worse too. A beta male of 1980 isn't the same as a beta male of the 2010s-2020s.

The ultimate goal of dating apps is to make the shareholders money and possibly get a good ESG score to please the Big 3 large institutional investors of BlackRock, State Street, and Vanguard.

Some extended relationships start on swipe apps but that's not their purpose. Their purpose is to make money and they make money when users fail and stay single longer. Some users eventually get fed up and quit, like I did based on my disappointing experiences. Most male users (the users who make money for the apps) have a blue pill ideology towards relationships. They also won't see a good alternative. The typical Average Frustrated Chump now doesn't want to spend the time to do in-person approaching.
I posted in another thread just now about OLD. It seems post covid has hit OLD apps hard because no more lockdowns.

The biggest problem with OLD is the monopoly Match LLC has. Notice nearly every dating site is owned by Match now and when Match buys them they neuter all the sites. POF, OKC, TINDER, and now UPWARD are all bought up by them. Less features and gotta pay up.

UPWARD app had decent hot chicks on it before Match bought them. There was hardly any paywall and you could swipe all day and increase your odds of a match. Now after a few swipes they want you to pay like 20 bucks a month!

Really only leaves the facebook app that's free. Twitter is in the talks of making a dating app!

Match LLC has ruined most of teh dating sites though. Even POF and OKC wasn't that bad before match bought them. POF was totally free.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems post covid has hit OLD apps hard because no more lockdowns.
Lockdowns helped the apps. Nightlife venues were dead for at least 2 years. Daygame was affected because doing approaches in grocery stores or malls while wearing a mask wasn't going to happen. Indoor masking was a major game killer.

The only options were outdoor approaching, swipe apps, or sending DMs on social media. All 3 are very tough options.

The biggest problem with OLD is the monopoly Match LLC has. Notice nearly every dating site is owned by Match now and when Match buys them they neuter all the sites. POF, OKC, TINDER, and now UPWARD are all bought up by them. Less features and gotta pay up.

Match LLC has ruined most of teh dating sites though. Even POF and OKC wasn't that bad before match bought them. POF was totally free.
The Match Group is not a great company in any way. With that said, the Match Group is less of a problem than you think that it is. Consider the article below and the five phases model of online dating.

1. Early adopters
2. Hyper-effectiveness
3. Normal effectiveness
4. Problems
5. Effective only for a small, specific group of people.
When Match has bought sites/apps like OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, or Tinder, those sites/apps were already in the latter stages of Phase 3, if not Phase 4. Match bought OkCupid in 2011, 7 years after its launched. OkCupid was well established by then. Match bough Plenty of Fish in 2015, 12 years after it launched. Match bought Tinder in 2017, 5 years after it launched and well after it had started to decline. When Match bought Hinge in 2018, it was in a better place in the lifecycle than any of the other 3 examples. Your argument is most valid for Hinge.

You can make the argument that Match's management ruined all those platforms more and that would be a valid argument.