"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Brad Pitt: Workout & Body [Merged Threads]

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
4
I don't see the issue...

We all have our individual goals. Shadowfox is interested in having the physique of Brad Pitt in Fight Club... why not? It's a nice physique. It isn't what I want but it certainly looks good.

Stop crying because this guy doesn't wanna be the next Cutler.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
cuzza said:
I don't see the issue...

We all have our individual goals. Shadowfox is interested in having the physique of Brad Pitt in Fight Club... why not? It's a nice physique. It isn't what I want but it certainly looks good.

Stop crying because this guy doesn't wanna be the next Cutler.
The issue is that he's not prepared to do the necessaries. Eating clean and regular is VITAL if you want a Pittesque physique. It's not hard to achieve, you just need to be consistent or 6-18 months depending on how fat you currently are. Shadowfox could achieve the look in a year or less, but if he's not prepared to do the most basic thing (work out and eat), he won't get there. It's not a case of being consistent for a week, it's the whole year.

For the record, there are a slew of guys I know who are at school, have a job on top of that, have a social life AND find the time to eat properly and work out. and they're just ordinary guys. it's possible - willpower is the deciding factor.
 

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,813
Reaction score
55
Thanks for the 'advice' ,if i was actually given any. Only shaunuk gave me the response i wanted.
the best advice isn't always the advice you want
 

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
997
Reaction score
9
Location
Leeds, UK
I can understand why a guy would want physique like Tyler Durden's (Brad Pitt), even though he is not particularly muscular. We know that we don't all have the same goals and tastes - each to their own :)

But, shadow, you'll still have to put quite a bit of effort into developing a physique like this, and a great deal of that effort is actually eating, rather than sweat spilt whilst training in the gym. Search for Warboss Alex's Idiot's Guide to Growth for nutritional and training information.

Also search for Warboss Alex's 'losing fat whilst gaining muscle' type threads. If you lost some body fat, and also gained some muscle at the same time, as others have said, you can achieve that physique :up:

-shaun
 

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
472
Reaction score
14
The thing is shadowfox stated in the initial post that he wanted a body type like Brad Pitt because he couldn't get big. He made it sound like he was willing to settle for something less than he wanted. At least that's how it sounded like to me.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Messages
480
Reaction score
1
Location
Toronto
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
15-20-25 reps is not my idea of a mass builder.
Which is why Brad Pitt had no mass on him in fight club.
 

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
959
Reaction score
4
Might as well try the Christian Bale workout for the Projectionist or whatever the hell that movie was... he was cut as hell!!!!!1111exclamationmark!!!1

Seriously though, Brad Pitt had zero mass; he just had low BF.
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Yeah, I dunno about that workout. 15-20-25 reps is not my idea of a mass builder, but hey...if it worked for Brad Pitt I may give it a shot.
1. he had no mass on him.

2. what worked for one guy will not work for another.

3. the diet from that link is ****.

4. to achieve the brad pitt look, try an all-out ketogenic diet. don't 'expect to keep any mass though.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Kwello

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Mass isn't really all that sexy to lots of women to be honest. These days they seem to favor the look that a typical hunter would have had several thousand years ago. Not much mass, cut as hell and very agile looking.

Personally I go for a look more like Pitt had in Troy. Decent mass and very cut.
 

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
2,813
Reaction score
55
dude, he had 0 muscle in that picture.

If you truely want that, focus 80% on diet, 15% on cardio, and 5% on lifting.

The only thing you can really shout about in that picture is his high metabolism combined with the Dietition and Trainer he employed to work with him 24/7 for afew months before the movie.
 

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
274
Reaction score
4
Arms and delts have been worked on, apart from that no muscle. Delts look good though, giving impression of size.

I read a trainers site who's trained a few actors for roles where they need to look big. He said if he got them like a month before he didn't have a hope in hell of adding mass, so all he did was got them looking cut and worked on their arms and delts completely and that was enough to give the impression of size.
 

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
4,113
Reaction score
29
Kwello said:
Mass isn't really all that sexy to lots of women to be honest.
you shouldn't be working out for women.. be happy with your mass (or lack of it) and people will be happy with you.
 

Zeal

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Just for the record, I don't think this is the actual workout or diet that Brad Pitt used. Based on the way the article was worded, it sounded like this is what the author himself would recommend to get the Brad Pitt physique.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Kwello

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
I've said before how I workout because I love anatomy and the human body. I do it for myself completely.

However lots of guys do it to look good for the women, so I just offered up some advice based on what my friends (girls that is) think of guys. Lots of guys also do it to be more stylish... the thin athletic look is much more in style now than a bulky look.
 

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
880
Reaction score
7
Location
In The South
Correct.

LoneSilver

Zeal said:
Just for the record, I don't think this is the actual workout or diet that Brad Pitt used. Based on the way the article was worded, it sounded like this is what the author himself would recommend to get the Brad Pitt physique.
 

Kwello

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
1
Warboss Alex said:
us powerlifters have never been in fashion. :(

our time will come!
Nah in the 70's it was a pretty cool look to have. Athletic was as well (always has been, it's encoded into our DNA), but big guys were stylin too.
 

insidious

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
611
Reaction score
17
Warboss Alex said:
us powerlifters have never been in fashion. :(

our time will come!
LOL amen to that.

All this talk about being in fashion and I thought, haven't women always preferred the lean, athletic look?

I've been around longer than a lot of you guys, and I can never remember a time when the majority of women salivated over beefcakes. :whistle:
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top