Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boxing and weight lifting

TripleN

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So ive been to the gym on and off for a good while now, i look like ive been lifting for a while but nothing crazy, its been almost a year off, ive gained fat, lost a bit of muscle. I also wanted to learn boxing for a while so i did and i also got back to the gym and i have split up them into a day of boxing and another for the gym with a day of rest in the week, since i want to lose the fat i gained and i want to restore my shape. So what tips do you guys have and what should i expect.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat enough carbs to cover the boxing workout . It will eat muscles if you don't eat enough .

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bot spam?

Fighters typically lift weights with low weight and high reps, sets of 15-20. It is the opposite of lifting for mass.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately

Im looking for decent mass with low body fat, boxers bodies are scrawny with abs, definitely not what i want
It's going to mostly be your food intake. LIke if your boxing workout takes 1000 calories, and you are lean enough already ( you can see abs and veins ), then have 800-1000 calories vs when your not boxing in mostly carbs. It will keep the workout from eating up your muscle and give you enough fuel.

you can have a descent amount of muscle as a boxer/kick boxer ( look at Michael Jai White ) but you have to eat. Also your going to have to lift if you want to keep muscle on, because as you see if you don't your body will start shrinking anything it doesn't need. Because that boxing workout is a cardio ass kicker, and the body don't want no muscle, extra fat or extra weight it doesn't need.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thaiboxing for 16 years (twice a weej) and only started lifting weights (also twice a week) 1,5 years ago.
I try and keep a day in between sessions. Monday lifting, Wednesday thaiboxing, Thursday lifting and Saturday thaiboxing. As a general tip, if your shirts start to smell like amonia after a workout you're burning muscle. Avoid that. Just make sure you eat before a boxing session.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If your shirts start to smell like amonia after a workout you're burning muscle.
^This. Take note of it.

When I was in my early teens to late teens training karate it didn't matter much. It's when I hit 24 whilst working as a part time karate instructor that I noticed weakness in speed, endurance and hits that got me to eat right before training.