Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bought the woman $10K ring, in a divorce...who keeps it?

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh,..the DeBeers Diamond company have held the notion since the 50's that a wedding ring 'should' be the equivalent value of 3 month of a man's salary.

If a man makes the average American income of $36K per year this works out to $9,000 for a ring.

For around $750 you can have a top shelf 3-Way with some very good looking and certifiably disease free prostitutes here in my home state of Nevada. That works out to one 3-Way per month for a year.

Now you do the math.

:D

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is 3 months salary before or after taxes? I'm sure the diamond company would want you to spend 3 months pretax income.

Crazy stuff.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Heheh,..the DeBeers Diamond company have held the notion since the 50's that a wedding ring 'should' be the equivalent value of 3 month of a man's salary.
I've always heard two months, but regardless... getting advice on how much to spend for a diamond engagement ring from DeBeers is like asking a used car salesman how much you should spend for a car.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole diamond ring thing is a scam invented by the diamond industry.

In Germany there are usually just two wedding bands. No diamond engagement ring. Of course the diamond industry is working full time to change this to the US style.

Dietzcoi

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The cheapest rings are a very low quality which means stones fall out, ring prongs often shift over time, they don't hold up as well to being worn every day.

Just like you shouldn't go blow 10k on a ring (ring set), you shouldn't really buy a set that's going to fall apart over time and end up costing as much as a little better one to get repaired.

Value, Gio...value is the answer. If you can afford to spend a little extra (up to $2000 for a set, or even $1000) it's far better than spending $400 for the lowest quality set available.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Sounds like you don't know where to shop.
Nah...it sounds like you're just cheap.

The ironic thing is that you know I'm right about the quality/value thing but are so anxious to find any excuse to try to incite an argument with me that you're disagreeing just for the sake of being disagreeable.

Honestly...how many threads that I post an opinion on are you going to come onto for the first time (even if it's several days old) just to try to argue with what I post? It would seem that you are somewhat desperate for my attention. Of course, you believe it to be the other way around, however, I'm not the one looking for your posts just to respond to what you've written.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Yeah, the whole diamond ring thing is a scam invented by the diamond industry.

In Germany there are usually just two wedding bands. No diamond engagement ring. Of course the diamond industry is working full time to change this to the US style.

Dietzcoi
i totally agree and i think that when you purchase your marriage liscense that it should come with 2 standard gold bands and let that be that.
who the heck wants a ring that has to be insured? and for some of the prices that everyone is posting , some people are going to need the insurance on them.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question

Is she marrying the person or the ring?

Uncle FranKKK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PocoDiablo
Here's the REAL correct answer:

Her: Have you seen my enagement ring?
Him: Hm, no, where do you put it?
Her: Over there.
Him: Nope, don't tell me you lost it.

After the divorce he sells it.
Haha, here's another interesting variant, the wife being a theiving slvt drug addict in rehab in THIS scenario...

Her: Where's my engagement ring?"
Him: How the hell should I know? Did you sell it? You sold lots of your jewelry.
Her: I didn't I put it in the safe. Get it, I want it.
Him: It's not there. You probably sold it. Maybe you just don't remember.

THEN he sells it.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Not true. I just saw some very nice 3-piece sets (engagement ring, bride's band and groom's band) at a jewelry store for $400.

[/b]Why? Why should making more money mean that you should buy a more expensive ring? Why not buy that same $400 set whether you make $20,000 a year or $70,000 a year? And take that extra money and buy something practical? [/B]
This is funny it reminds me of some old friends of mine. The chick in the relationship was my exes best friend. The guy was really cool, he and I became friends. He bought his woman an engagment ring which she liked very much. When she saw the ring She thought it was a great, very nice size, and expensive looking. She bragged to my ex girlfriend that she didnt know how he was able to afford such a nice ring since he was in college and only worked a work study job. The point is that she loved the ring.

Several weeks passed and she said she needed to know where he bought the ring because she wanted to get it resized. He told her that he would take care of it but she kept pressing the issue. Finally, he admitted to her that he bought it at a PAWN SHOP!

I thought he had a great idea, she got a very nice ring, which she loved! He was able to purchase a much nicer ring than he could afford at a jewelry store. By all accounts, everyone should have been happy!

His girl, my ex and his mother & cousin in law 'to be' tried to rip him a new a$$hole. They all called him and took turns shredding him and telling how what he did was wrong. My ex came back to me and bragged about how she shredded him and how she would be so dissappointed if someone did that to her.

When I heard about what they did to him, I called him. I suggested he take her ungrateful a$$ to the jewelry store and show her exactly what he could purchase for the exact same money. When he offered to take her ring back and buy her a "New Ring" for the same money, she suddenly loved the ring and wanted to keep it!

When it comes to Rings women don't care if you end up paying for a ring for the rest of your life. They want the ring big, and expensive. Yet another reason to stay away from American women.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by princelydeeds

When it comes to Rings women don't care if you end up paying for a ring for the rest of your life. They want the ring big, and expensive. Yet another reason to stay away from American women.
not all of us princely...
id take a bread twist tie over a million dollar ring IF the person giving it to me would be a faithful loving husband.

alphawolfx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if a woman who you want to marry gives you crap about the ring you get her, it's only a sign of upcoming troubles

you can' tbe cheap, but if she can' tbe understanding, TOSS HER

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to flip it.........

Women used to actually pay men for marriage. The whole concept of dowry's. It's our burden to take them!