"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Blushing

Ziro

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
I don't know what it is, but I always blush whenever I talk to someone I don't know- even if I'm not really that nervous at all. Is there anything I can do to counter this?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Black Panther®

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
75
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami (FL)
dam...my answer to this is that may be you are not used to talk in front of people, or hold conversations with people, and are afraid, shy that the person you conversating with might think that what you are saying is stupid.

There could be a million reasons why this is happening, but only YOU can know this.

Take a look at why you feel this way. What are you thinking about the other person while you are talking to her/him.

You know the answer, although you might not see it right away.
 

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
11
Age
47
Location
Portland, Oregon
I used to blush a lot. I still do sometimes. When I do it's very pronounced and the chick will likely notice it. This is a situation where I use what I call a "self-neg". Example:

HB: Wow, you're turning red.
PDX: Yeah, I do that a lot. Seriously, I am a PROFESSIONAL blusher. Speaking of that, I want your opinion on something. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde but I think it might look funny when I blush like this. What do you think?

By calling myself a "professional blusher" I demonstrate that I am comfortable enough to talk about my flaws. In fact I sound like I am proud of them. Very disarming.

-PDX
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
Originally posted by SexPDX
HB: Wow, you're turning red.
PDX: Yeah, I do that a lot. Seriously, I am a PROFESSIONAL blusher. Speaking of that, I want your opinion on something. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde but I think it might look funny when I blush like this. What do you think?

By calling myself a "professional blusher" I demonstrate that I am comfortable enough to talk about my flaws. In fact I sound like I am proud of them. Very disarming.

-PDX
haha, great example mate, thanks! i'll be sure to use it the next time some girl says that.
 

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
tx
Originally posted by Ziro
I don't know what it is, but I always blush whenever I talk to someone I don't know- even if I'm not really that nervous at all. Is there anything I can do to counter this?
yeah i have the same problem, i just blush a lot sometimes for no real reason. its ben like that my whole life
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
I see a psychologist and she told me that blushing when talking to the opposite sex or someone who is of higher status than yourself is known as 'social phobia'. It's a condition whereby you are very self aware and maybe act differently to look good infront of said person.

This is proven when a hot chick is talking to you and you start going red, and you know you are, but you've been so self-aware that when she stops talking, you haven't a clue what she just said.

The best way to combat this is to concentrate on her and what she/he has to say. The only way to stop being self-aware is just psycological unfortunately. One day you'll just stop caring. It all comes with age I suppose. You dont see 40 year old men blushing alot.
 
Top