"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

blind dates

madhatter

New Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
someone offered to set me up on a blind date. i had an absolutely awful time on my first and only blind date. basically i went with a group to a club and i couldn't shake off this girl o talk to other girls. really aggravating. plus she wasn't pretty at all, so i didn't want to be seen with her. :)

my female coworker says she's cute, but i have learned to only value judgments about attractiveness from guys who are talking about girls.

do you guys request a picture before you call up a girl to take her out?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Soma

Banned
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
499
Reaction score
0
Location
Bay Area, California
I only accept blind dates from people who I'm absolutely know my taste, and there is only person who knows, that's my brother. He and I have the same taste so we always know whether or not we'll be into a girl when setting each other up.

In the past I accepted blind dates set up by my best female friend. The girl she introd me to were always nice, and kinda cute, (7's), but the never really did it for me. My friend would always be like, "Ohhhh I know this really cute girl that you'll love!". Eh, it was always dissapointing. So yeah, pictures I now insist on.
 

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
982
Reaction score
2
Discussion.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by Soma
...In the past I accepted blind dates set up by my best female friend. The girl she introd me to were always nice, and kinda cute, (7's), but the never really did it for me. My friend would always be like, "Ohhhh I know this really cute girl that you'll love!". Eh, it was always dissapointing. So yeah, pictures I now insist on.
This is what happens most of the time, at least with people that really don't know your particular taste. They think that the two of you would hit it off only for one reason: YOU'RE BOTH SINGLE, and nothing else. That sucks big time...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Just say no to blind dates.
 

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
rising from the ashes
oh shiite i have a blind date this weekend and my friend (girl) who hooked it up says she's scute. she sounded cute on the phone but we'll see this weekend; hope mine doesn't turn out like yours...sorry to hear you night sucked.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
she sounded cute on the phone but we'll see this weekend
Yeah ^ Great way to tell. Just be sure to listen for that hourglass shaped figure as you talk to her. :p
 

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
Blind dates are fun. Its like gambling.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie
Blind dates are fun. Its like gambling.
Oh yeah? Tell that to the hunchback Hell-Beast that I got set up with, Mister It's-Fun-It's-Like-Gambling.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

madhatter

New Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
the one i was set up with has a smoking hot sister. i figured she would at least look as hot as her sister. not a chance!!
 

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Location
Over Yonder
Dlind Bates

I'm with casanova, blind dates are a big negative.
 
Top