Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best friend just got some bad news about his girl

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Was going to hit the club tonight.. Just wanted to have a good time, its kinda like my goto to wind down and have fun, but got a phone call from my friend.. Something bad happened with his girl and he wants to talk. I told him I was going to hit the club and dif he wanted to come and get his mind off things.. He tells me its cool go enjoy and we can talk tomorrow. I told him nah f- that come through and we'll talk.. Got 2 cigars ready for us, got a good bottle of Bourbon ready.. made some southwest style grilled chicken .. and jus going to try my best to just listen and not give too much input.. I know that in bad situations people just need to vent.. they don'tw ant to be told this and that and what they could have or should have done or why this or why that.. They just want to vent..

I honestly have no idea what it could be. I don't think its anything to do with cheating or anything like that.. at least I Hope not. But we'll see what happens.

Really wanted to hit the club but sht its whatever man. Always be there for your bros. I'm thinking about calling over some girls but I have a feeling that wont be his vibe right now.. and it might just make it awkward.

I never heard him so shaken like this before. Its weird man i got like a strange gut feeling too. Will probably update this just because I'm legit unsure what im gonna hear or what happened.. I just feel its something out of the ordinary.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Update: As I suspected, this was not related to cheating or anything.. But its still unfortunate.. Turns out she has been hiding an opioid addiction from him. He found out through a mutual friend who said she asked her elderly mother if she had any painkillers saying her bf < my friend> hurt himself and needed them and claimed the Doc wouldn't get him any. That mutual friend called my friend and asked him like "hey man how's your injury going you didn't tell me you fell off your bike" . and he's like "i didn't? ".. So basically this was the first indicator. He found it weird but didn't say anything to her ... More recently, he was looking for a pen in her purse and found 2 pill bottles, both prescribed to different names.. one for Oxycodone and one for Hydrocodone.

He confronted her and she confessed after trying to play it off. Sad part is he thinks shes hanging out with some shady people to obtain these drugs. Reason being because he called her one time and she mentioned being in a part of town that's known to be super ghetto.

He asked her how serious it is and if she thinks she's addicted and she said she definitely was and can't go a day without it.

My personal take; I honestly know his girlfriend and she's a real decent gal all around. It honestly hurts me to hear this kinda sht because it's like anyone can have issues these days. it says a lot about our society more than anything. I think the hardest decision for my boy is whether he's going to spend time to help her, which I'm sure he will- or whether he's going to just move on to avoid finding out what this can lead to.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an interesting story. Reminds me of this movie I saw about an Opioid addict called Ben is Back (2018) which also deals thematically with the same issue. In that movie, it portrays that people can even make new drug dealing connections in rehab centers, or that shady elements can come home to bite innoscent people (ie if she owes a drug debt and a dealer comes after her boyfriend, etc...)

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Sad part is he thinks shes hanging out with some shady people to obtain these drugs.
D@mn, unless she´got a bunch of money to spare, odds are she´s f0cking these shady guys in exchange for the drugs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Update: As I suspected, this was not related to cheating or anything.. But its still unfortunate.. Turns out she has been hiding an opioid addiction from him. He found out through a mutual friend who said she asked her elderly mother if she had any painkillers saying her bf < my friend> hurt himself and needed them and claimed the Doc wouldn't get him any. That mutual friend called my friend and asked him like "hey man how's your injury going you didn't tell me you fell off your bike" . and he's like "i didn't? ".. So basically this was the first indicator. He found it weird but didn't say anything to her ... More recently, he was looking for a pen in her purse and found 2 pill bottles, both prescribed to different names.. one for Oxycodone and one for Hydrocodone.

He confronted her and she confessed after trying to play it off. Sad part is he thinks shes hanging out with some shady people to obtain these drugs. Reason being because he called her one time and she mentioned being in a part of town that's known to be super ghetto.

He asked her how serious it is and if she thinks she's addicted and she said she definitely was and can't go a day without it.

My personal take; I honestly know his girlfriend and she's a real decent gal all around. It honestly hurts me to hear this kinda sht because it's like anyone can have issues these days. it says a lot about our society more than anything. I think the hardest decision for my boy is whether he's going to spend time to help her, which I'm sure he will- or whether he's going to just move on to avoid finding out what this can lead to.
Damn that is tough but this is far more widespread than people think...

The worst part is those companies who came out with these drugs knew about these side effects and basically tried to hide them from the FDA for as long as possible so they didn't get pulled.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
That's an interesting story. Reminds me of this movie I saw about an Opioid addict called Ben is Back (2018) which also deals thematically with the same issue. In that movie, it portrays that people can even make new drug dealing connections in rehab centers, or that shady elements can come home to bite innoscent people (ie if she owes a drug debt and a dealer comes after her boyfriend, etc...)
My greatest concern is whether or not she will or has already turned toward Heroin as an option. It can be real difficult for the average person to get opiods from people off the street unless you have a good source. judging by the fact that she had to ask another friend's MOTHER for her painkillers says she's probably run dry on options. Though she was on the west side of Chicago one time when he called her so maybe she's already found a connection or already dabbled in trying heroin.

See, I'm not that close to her-- but I kinda wish I was because I'm really curious as to how her addiction started. I knew a construction worker who got injured on the job, got prescribed pain killers with refills and thats literally all it took for him to get hooked and then soon turn to heroin because it was cheaper/easily accessible.

Being that I used to be heavily involved in the drug game from the dealers perspective, I got a way more cynical mindset about this sht than my friend does. My mind immediately jumps to bad characters putting them on, when it comes to women. Some dudes out there will feed a girl drugs to create this excitement and enticement in them, and often the girls will associate the feelings of the high with the person feeding them the drugs.. same thing Pimps do.

What I do know of her and what I've seen of her is that she's always been a great partner to him, great girlfriend. If I had to really shut the cynical mind down I would guess that she was dealing with depression at some point and a gal pal of hers might have gave her a few pills and who knows. But Idk i do feel bad for my boy but he's pretty headstrong.

Damn that is tough but this is far more widespread than people think...

The worst part is those companies who came out with these drugs knew about these side effects and basically tried to hide them from the FDA for as long as possible so they didn't get pulled.
yeah 100% man its a crazy epidemic. Its just wild to see people you would never suspect get tied up in that sht.

D@mn, unless she´got a bunch of money to spare, odds are she´s f0cking these shady guys in exchange for the drugs.
Read above ..the notion def crossed my mind to some extent. its hard to picture it but I've known stranger sht happen with "good girls"

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My greatest concern is whether or not she will or has already turned toward Heroin as an option. It can be real difficult for the average person to get opiods from people off the street unless you have a good source. judging by the fact that she had to ask another friend's MOTHER for her painkillers says she's probably run dry on options. Though she was on the west side of Chicago one time when he called her so maybe she's already found a connection or already dabbled in trying heroin.

See, I'm not that close to her-- but I kinda wish I was because I'm really curious as to how her addiction started. I knew a construction worker who got injured on the job, got prescribed pain killers with refills and thats literally all it took for him to get hooked and then soon turn to heroin because it was cheaper/easily accessible.

Being that I used to be heavily involved in the drug game from the dealers perspective, I got a way more cynical mindset about this sht than my friend does. My mind immediately jumps to bad characters putting them on, when it comes to women. Some dudes out there will feed a girl drugs to create this excitement and enticement in them, and often the girls will associate the feelings of the high with the person feeding them the drugs.. same thing Pimps do.

What I do know of her and what I've seen of her is that she's always been a great partner to him, great girlfriend. If I had to really shut the cynical mind down I would guess that she was dealing with depression at some point and a gal pal of hers might have gave her a few pills and who knows. But Idk i do feel bad for my boy but he's pretty headstrong.

yeah 100% man its a crazy epidemic. Its just wild to see people you would never suspect get tied up in that sht.

Read above ..the notion def crossed my mind to some extent. its hard to picture it but I've known stranger sht happen with "good girls"
Unfortunately if she is hooked as bad as she is saying, and there is no reason not to believe her, she will literally do anything to get more. At this point she is no different than a junkie on the street other than she has the facade of having her life together.

What does your friend plan on doing? It's obvious she needs to get help but I guess how badly does she want the help...that only works if SHE is the one who wants it and usually that doesn't happen until they hit rock bottom.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately if she is hooked as bad as she is saying, and there is no reason not to believe her, she will literally do anything to get more. At this point she is no different than a junkie on the street other than she has the facade of having her life together.

What does your friend plan on doing? It's obvious she needs to get help but I guess how badly does she want the help...that only works if SHE is the one who wants it and usually that doesn't happen until they hit rock bottom.
Hes def gonna try to help get her off of it. Their relationship has been pretty solid minus her hiding this. She told him that she believes that the opiods helped her be a better girlfriend and be better at her job and everything. She claims no one knows shes been on them for a while, not even her close friends.

I dont think he would break up with her over this especially because when I asked him, he said there were never any negative signs or signs that its been a real detriment to her life or affecting their relationship. Ofc he still understands how serious this sh,t is and is of course upset.

I'm a bit harder on my friends than anyone else so i really told him that hes prob just not paying attention and that hes most likely been missing signs, even told him how I started noticing that she looks different now. Was kinda mad at him for not realizing th.s sht but honestly I can't judge.. I don't know what she is like behind closed doors. I just knew that the times that i've hung out with them together, she seemed like a real cool gal.

tksniper

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a cousin who dated a girl with an opioid addiction. They both eventually turned to heroin and now he’s in and out of jail and rehab. Nobody recognizes him anymore.

You eventually become the company that you keep.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have read a book about the Sacklers family ( 3 brothers) who invented this painkiller.

The book caller "Empire of pain" : "grand, devastating portrait of three generations of the Sackler family, famed for their philanthropy, whose fortune was built by Valium and whose reputation was destroyed by OxyContin. From the prize-winning and bestselling author of Say Nothing.

below is some link to an article about the family. "

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if she won’t go to treatment she gets dumped. No other option. She needs help and your BF has some life altering choices to make