Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best books to read?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Title seems like it would be a complete game changer.
Just started it. Very interesting and easy to digest. But would require several run throughs to get it to “stick.”

Reading is great. But getting wisdom into your brain so it’s accessible when you need it is the challenge lol.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just started it. Very interesting and easy to digest. But would require several run throughs to get it to “stick.”

Reading is great. But getting wisdom into your brain so it’s accessible when you need it is the challenge lol.
Ordered it and ordered "Seduction" by Robert Greene. My mind is in fire mode. I recently restarted "Psychocybernetics", it's getting right in. Dating rules and allowables are being changed as well, some positions will no longer be allowed. No complaining and enjoying life and thriving.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ordered it and ordered "Seduction" by Robert Greene. My mind is in fire mode. I recently restarted "Psychocybernetics", it's getting right in. Dating rules and allowables are being changed as well, some positions will no longer be allowed. No complaining and enjoying life and thriving.
Yes, sometimes you buy a great book and just aren’t “ready” for it yet. Then you pick it up later on at the right moment and devour it or you restart one from earlier and burn through it.

Greene is brilliant. Can’t go wrong with any of his books.

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful man. A lot of books just pump chapter after chapter of overload. The 'game' can just be summed into 6-8 paragraphs. I became a natural only after going out there for 5+ years and self-reflecting. Much of my progress was deprogramming from the many books I've read. The rest was intense trial and error. I won't disclose my personal findings precisely because it works. However I'd advise you test the fundamentals seen across dating materials and find the critical nuances.

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe (https://www.theskepticsguide.org/our-book)

Journey Of Awakening (Ram Dass) (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0553285726/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_qE.dDbSXMNE0Y_nodl)

Your Deceptive Mind: A Scientific Guide to Critical Thinking Skills AUDIO BOOK
(https://www.amazon.com/Your-Deceptive-Mind-Scientific-Critical/dp/B00DTNWF2Q/ref=nodl_)

Understanding The Mysteries of Human Behavior
(https://www.amazon.com/Understandin...s=gateway&sprefix=understanding+the+my&sr=8-1)

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

The Ethical Slut

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of what you’re looking for is just becoming unlrogrammed from the feminine imperative. There are a ton of great posters to watch in this forum.

Rational Male is the obvious read.
Corey Wayne’s videos can give you a general sense to your current issue in dating.
And the first two writings in the DJ bible - 10 commandments and 15 lessons.
Cycle those three reads about 3 times.

Post your current situations to the forum and ask for perspective. Get torn down so you can see where YOU specificly are effing up. No book is going to save you. It will give you knowledge. But that knowledge without experience won’t change much in your current ways.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that just reading in general whatever interests you "helps" in picking up women (daygame, possibly with night game). Reading in general gives you thousands of references to "talk" about with women, interesting things she's probably never heard of. I've read 12 "romance" novels since 2015-2016 to present. They were written by one woman. Women authors fall in love with the characters (leading) they create, I mean, over many years obsessed by their own creations. It's not you, but fictional guy on a horse with a sword, who sees the object of his desire early in the book, then middle again runs into her, then goes away for months or even years then comes back (hasn't even Fvcked her yet), then in the end or toward the end he finally fvcks her or his best friend fvcks her, then he fvcks her, or some bad guy fvcks her then she finds out she really likes/wants the good guy. Then she wants the bad guy again to fvck her. Then the good guy, then the bad guy.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read mostly to improve myself and stop being a slave to the system. In that line I recommend the following:

Thus spoke Zarathustra, and everything else by Nietzsche. The man was an absolute genius. Reading something that is over 130 years old that describes in detail the current social climate and how toxic the groupthink is. It's scary accurate.

The Manipulated Man by Esther Vilar, she absolutely destroys women and the concept of equality, it makes me say "whoa, that's true". A lot.

The Rational Male
No More Mr Nice Guy, which is especially good if your childhood was rough or abusive.

Along another vein, listen to talks by Allan Watts on Youtube. It's a bit more mystic and not related to game or getting pvssy at all, but I find it to be spot on and great at helping to live a more meaningful life.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently read way of the "way of the superior man", good about how females think vs men and the mindset a man should have.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken to watching YouTube encapsulations of books. There are channels where the owner will basically whiteboard the salient points of many great books.

The problem with books today is that they are so full of fluff and repetition that the salient points can tend to get watered down. It turns into too much work and effort to slog through the filler material.

Take Jordan Peterson for example. I love the guy but hey, JP, get to the point already!

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take Jordan Peterson for example. I love the guy but hey, JP, get to the point already!
Sometimes getting straight to the point is just offering a silver bullet for people who don’t want to understand more thoroughly the workings of getting to that point. JP for example gives a history to his points so the audience can understand 1 aspect of its origin or of something in relation to; as things are much more complex than we may believe.
Because if just getting to the point was the most viable solution.. blog posts would hold weight. Those are straight to the point.
Just because men here know being needy won’t assit in attraction, doesn’t mean they will apply that point. There’s much more to it than that. But that would be the point.
The work generally needs to be done deep within. Back to the fountainhead of it all.

In the realm of self help, it’s all fluff with one main driving point reiterated over and over. But people in this genre write books for their own egotism to say they’ve been published.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JP is a professor and an intellectual, so I can totally understand why he is long-winded. He enjoys complexity and “getting down in the weeds.”

But for your typical self-help guru or pickup guru, yes, it’s mostly fluff to fill a book or video.

While YouTube videos can certainly have a lot of value, I fear that modern technology will SHORTEN our attentions spans. An old school book reader can concentrate for at least an hour, if not a few hours or more. A YouTube viewer or blog reader is training his brain to focus on ten minute snippets instead.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Stephen king has a book on writing. Great insight fir anybody else in writing or aspiring to be. Even if just a blog.
Good book. Called “on writing, a memoir of the craft”

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Reading in order is pretty critical for deprogramming yourself.
For instance you wouldn’t read “The Manipulated Man” by Esther Vilar before reading let’s say, Pook, Tomassi or David Deida.

This stuff comes off in layers. Let’s say you read Tomassi. As you read it once, it will indicate to you just as it applies to your level. You may read or listen to the whole book, but your mind will “jump” over certain parts that are outside your reality.

So you will need to operate in the world for a little while (month) and then go back and read or listen to it again. Things you never really got, because it was outside your reality, will now jump out at you. Sometimes maybe three times through will be required.

The worst thing you could do is go to a book like “The Manipulated Man” because you will gloss over much of it or outright reject parts. Yet it is just a thin book and the most shocking to a man’s system. Not one word is false. Not one. It’s that you can’t see it yet.

What you believe at the start won’t even be close to what you believe later on.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's this book called 'IDGAF'...it's super short. Not one word in it. :p

Joking aside, I'd recommend the King James Version.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great reads. The Game by Neil Strauss, mystery method by mystery lulz

Bachelor pad economics by Aaron Clarey, 4hr work week by Tim ferris

12 rules for life by Jordan Peterson and maps of meaning

Why we sleep by Mathew Walker

Tactical guide to women by Shawn T Smith

Homo sapiens by Yval Harrari and homodeus

The self genes by Richard Dawkins

Power of now by ecky and a new earth

Awaken the giant within by Tony Robbins

Be here now by ram dass

The peaceful warrior by Dan millman

Younger thinner you by Dr E braverman
Great collection , what reading / listening platform you use to read them ? as buying all of these from audible will cost me a fortune

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No more Mr. nice guy, of course

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've taken to watching YouTube encapsulations of books. There are channels where the owner will basically whiteboard the salient points of many great books.

The problem with books today is that they are so full of fluff and repetition that the salient points can tend to get watered down. It turns into too much work and effort to slog through the filler material.

I know I'm replying to this months later, but Jordan Peterson is amazing. So much wisdom.