Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bent Over Row Form Check (video)

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Once again, just need some critique on form.

Personally, I noticed:

-some slight rounding of lower back
-a bit of a "hip drive" towards the end of my set

Any advice would be appreciated.

**I'm sure I'll catch shi* about the hat... *******s.. haha ;)

Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYrzxmPvyY

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bent over rows are one of those exercise where there is some room for personal variance in form. Some guys bend over really far and some remain mostly upright. I think the 45 degree angle is best.

I would recommend straightening your legs out a bit, not to the point of locking your knees, but a slight bend. Feet should-width apart. Remember you're working your lats here, so your arms are just "hooks" linking the bar and your back. A little bit of upper body momentum is ok but don't overdo it. Also don't set the weight down each rep. It's not a deadlift. Hang on to the weight and row.

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Colossus, I appreciate the advice. One technique I have noticed among other people is deadlifting the weight, and then bending over to the appropriate position. I may give that a shot, and will also work on not "de-loading" the weight between reps.

And what about grip? Over hand or supinated? Would you have a preference or recommendation on either?? At this time, I'm not doing any isolation movements... would it behoove me to use a supinated grip to incorporate the bis more??

Thanks!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend a pronated grip to work the forearms, but I have done them with a supinated grip for extra bicep work. Best to do heavy weight with the pronated grip. You can play with different grip widths to hit different parts of the lats. Never use straps. If your gym doesn't allow chalk, find a way to sneak it in. They don't want you to be safe or strong.

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks again. And I workout at home, so chalk wouldn't be a problem. I will look into it, thanks

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh boy.....get rid of weights under your bar....you'll only gimping yourself. It's like doing bench press and racking up the bar every rep......

You should get a stand or something that can elevate you 1ft or so above the floor that way you can drive all the way through up and down for full extension. If you do this you wont have anywhere near the weight you are using I promise that.

http://doubleyourgains.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/how-to-bent-over-row-proper-form.jpg

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
If your gym doesn't allow chalk, find a way to sneak it in. They don't want you to be safe or strong.
Wendler? :p

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes it a Pendlay? The De-loading of weight??

U

user43770

shock said:
What makes it a Pendlay? The De-loading of weight??

Exactly. I switched over to Pendlays about 6 months ago. Great exercise.

Now just work on getting up to 250x5!