Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being more assertive at work

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many years ago when I stumbled upon this forum, it changed my dating life and how I interact with people in general drastically. Massive improvement that yielded tangible results.
However, it never really transpired to the work-space, where my upbringing of “respecting your seniors” have stuck a bit too deep. Am by far the most appreciated worker and my bonuses are thereafter, but recently I’ve also been dumped a lot of shirk on my as a result of my “never say no attitude”.

I am in desperate need of a change to my work-place mentality and was hoping something had gone through a similar development and could share with me what really worked for them, whether that be tips / tricks / books / articles.

/European

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you should assert your boundaries a bit more firmly. Maybe have a good conversation with HR.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has happened to me alot over the years.

saying no requires practice and its ok to start doing it even when you have the bandwidth for things. Its ok to protect your schedule

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to do for some, but its really as simple as saying no more often. They'll find someone else to do it. Not a big deal. Just be one of the best at what you do.

Saying no was never hard for me, especially during my 20 years in corporate America. I still got good pay raises, and they respected me for my knowledge and work ethic. I was still offered promotions, most I turned down.

People will continue to push your boundaries(many will abuse them), until you stand firm. Its up to you. Stop worrying about what they think. Don't be a "yes" man.