"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Being honest with a friend?

LonelyGuy2k4

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I want to tell this friend that I have a crush on that I like her and that I want to go out with her sometime. However, I want her to know that it's like an actual date and not like some kind of "just friends" kind of thing. I was thinking of calling her up and just being honest and telling her that I like her and such. But I dunno how I would say it without making it too weird. Can anyone help an inexperienced person, like myself, out? Thanks.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

twizted_pro

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
USA, Pitman, NJ
well lets see in my opinion I think that dateing a friend is a good yet bad idea. 1 its good because you mostlikely know everything you need to about the person, what kinda wipes out the hole point of dateing. although its kinda bad cause if you do go out an things go wrong it could mess up a friendship with that person. how ever if you really want to date the girl i think you should first find out where u stand. if the girl is a lil intrested in you then take her out on another date an then tell her how you feel. now this may not be the best advice but bare with me cause i havent had sleep for 2 an1/2 days, but it should work.
 

LonelyGuy2k4

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Well the thing is that we aren't too close of friends. I had a crush on her for a while and I recently started to talk to her and act like a friend.
 

twizted_pro

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
USA, Pitman, NJ
o well good **** then, ok well i am guessing that you have her # so just give her a call an say, 'hey i want you to go with me to _____ an i am not taking no for an anwser" then when you finaly are on the date let her know that you like her,but dont say you have a crush on her cause that gives her the upper hand. just let her know you like her an hint to her that you would like to see more of her.
 
Top