Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Being Funny Around Girls Doesn't Get You Laid

Igetit!

Reaction score
Man you really are going far down the rabbit hole aren't you?
Surely you must know.....there is some truth to what he's saying....right?

I mean I don't advocate for men acting like sociopaths as a means to attract women,but I have seen what @Robert28 is referring to. Stuff like women being attracted to serial killers,like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson isn't new.

I remember seeing this one episode of Dr. Phil,where this beautiful.....BEAUTIFUL woman....she was setting on stage....with one eye.

Her boyfriend shot her in the head........POINT BLANK..tried to kill her. Not only that,but when the police were called and showed up,she lied to them,said it was an accident. Why was she on the show? Because she was considering GOING BACK TO HIM once he got out of prison.

I was like,Well sh1t. If someone pointing a gun point blank at your head and pulling the trigger isn't enough to make you leave them,well daaaanm.

Reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld..... Jerry was being his normal funny self,when George asked him to stop being so funny cause he wanted to impress this woman. So Jerry goes full in the other direction,started acting all dark and depressed.....but that ended up attracting her.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

I mean I don't advocate for men acting like sociopaths as a means to attract women,but I have seen what @Robert28 is referring to. Stuff like women being attracted to serial killers,like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson isn't new.

I remember seeing this one episode of Dr. Phil,where this beautiful.....BEAUTIFUL woman....she was setting on stage....with one eye.

Her boyfriend shot her in the head........POINT BLANK..tried to kill her. Not only that,but when the police were called and showed up,she lied to them,said it was an accident. Why was she on the show? Because she was considering GOING BACK TO HIM once he got out of prison.

I was like,Well sh1t. If someone pointing a gun point blank at your head and pulling the trigger isn't enough to make you leave them,well daaaanm.

Reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld..... Jerry was being his normal funny self,when George asked him to stop being so funny cause he wanted to impress this woman. So Jerry goes full in the other direction,started acting all dark and depressed.....but that ended up attracting her.

There is some truth but I question if it is them being sociopaths that attract women or simply them valuing themselves more than women and not allowing women to manipulate them that is attracting them.

Also...these women are likely pretty f'd up so I am not sure if you would even WANT them because I am pretty sure drama would be turned up to 11

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A lot of men struggle believing that because it’s illogical. Trust me, it’s hard to understand because you’re trying to make sense out of it but you can’t on the surface. I can’t be a sociopath, if anything I struggle with being an empathetic person and that attracts narcissistic women like you would not believe. It’s something I’ve had to work on to hide for a long time.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dark and mysterious wins over funny all day every day. I had to breakout of the funny habit too, it made women too comfortable with me and backfired on me.
Definitely. I had to break that habit too. The truth is, humour doesn't turn women on.

Alan Roger Currie explains why being funny is detrimental to your game with women in this video (from 4m in). As he says, 'ain't nothing about a woman's funny bone connected to her p*ssy getting wet':

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely. I had to break that habit too. The truth is, humour doesn't turn women on.

Alan Roger Currie explains why being funny is detrimental to your game with women in this video (from 4m in). As he says, 'ain't nothing about a woman's funny bone connected to her p*ssy getting wet':

If I had $1 for every woman that said “I want someone to make me laugh!”, I would be lending y’all money on here. It all goes back to doing the opposite of what they claim they want. It’s hard to get used to, but once you figure it out it starts coming naturally.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The jester must ClownMax because he is not Chad-tier. It is a de facto type of Beta. Given the choice between a boring Beta and a funny Beta, women will pick the funny one, but she will always pick a boring Chad over either.

Last edited:

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had $1 for every woman that said “I want someone to make me laugh!”, I would be lending y’all money on here. It all goes back to doing the opposite of what they claim they want. It’s hard to get used to, but once you figure it out it starts coming naturally.
They do want men to make them laugh. They just don't need to be the same men they're fvcking.

In my experience, what works for having sex is escalation. My motto is simple: platonic behavior creates platonic results, to get a sexual result you need to perform sexual behavior.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm naturally quite a funny guy, especially amongst my male friends.

However around females that I am trying to lay, I'm having to really force myself to have a somewhat more serious & mysterious persona!

It's not my natural state.. However I think the funny guy is more likely to get friend zoned or begin to get viewed by her as corny or the jester to entertain her in the friend zone.

Some what do you think guys? How funny should a man be around a female?

80% serious/mysterious 20% Funny seems to be a good balance!
The main thing is: are you being funny because you feel like or because you try to catch people's attention and validation?

Being funny is a pretty good way to open a woman up, opening her up lower the ****tests and make her trust you more, so you can polarize her and make the sexual tension flow more fluidly.

Thing is, if you catch yourself being "overfunny" just to get an emotional response from her and not because that's who you are, it means you are being needy. Honestly, I'm also the funny kind, I play along, I tease, I say absurd stuff. I don't mind it, and I don't really care if she thinks it's funny or not. It's all about compatibility. If a girl is with you and she likes your jokes and the way you are, you're gonna have a better connection with her. Better connection means better sex, better communication, not getting bored easily, maybe even getting serious.

This thing of changing your personality to talk with a certain person for me is still a way to hide who you are, which means focusing on what other people would think about you rather than your thoughts about other people. Sure, there are people whom you can't do it because you can't avoid them and your relationship isn't based on emotions (like your relationship with your boss, coworkers, etc). For these people is alright to hide your own self. But with women? I don't know. I'm honestly not comfortable with not being myself, whenever I try it I either get bored or get overinvested in a different way in the girl. It just doesn't work for me.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some what do you think guys? How funny should a man be around a female?
Women love humor in a man. If you can make her laugh she's half yours already. Combining humor with intent is a powerful mix. It shows confidence.

This being said: don't turn into the clown. The clown never has sex because he is funny but unattractive. Use humor as a means to enjoy yourself and if women are amused by it aswell.. the better. You'll be viewed as a confident man, who is enjoying life and is fun to be around.

But problems arise when you start using humor to entertain a woman. They pick up on this, as it's a kind of humor that is in a sense asking for validation and is thus unattractive. This gives off a high "hey look at me" vibe and you might aswell turn into a monkey on a bicycle! Do not do this! This kind of humor screams insecurity because you don't feel a woman will like you if you aren't a funny man.

I've seen men getting women without using humor. Pure intent and masculinity, so this can work aswell. However, by using humor you will get more women to fall for you, that's for sure!

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women love humor in a man. If you can make her laugh she's half yours already. Combining humor with intent is a powerful mix. It shows confidence.

This being said: don't turn into the clown. The clown never has sex because he is funny but unattractive. Use humor as a means to enjoy yourself and if women are amused by it aswell.. the better. You'll be viewed as a confident man, who is enjoying life and is fun to be around.

But problems arise when you start using humor to entertain a woman. They pick up on this, as it's a kind of humor that is in a sense asking for validation and is thus unattractive. This gives off a high "hey look at me" vibe and you might aswell turn into a monkey on a bicycle! Do not do this! This kind of humor screams insecurity because you don't feel a woman will like you if you aren't a funny man.

I've seen men getting women without using humor. Pure intent and masculinity, so this can work aswell. However, by using humor you will get more women to fall for you, that's for sure!
This is worded well.

Id also add we invest way too much mental gymnastics in women.

the last 5 women Ive got out, have had the worst/selfish conversation skills I've come across. I dont think any asked more than one question about my life, yet they pursued for a 2nd/3rd date, so it was nothing to do with interest

Social media has done this to their brain.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The jester must ClownMax because he is not Chad-tier. It is a de facto type of Beta. Given the choice between a boring Beta and a funny Beta, women will pick the funny one, but she will always pick a boring Chad over either.
As i've mentioned before, I have 2 legit chad friends who can basically click their fingers and bang any hot girl they desire (one of whom i've mentioned in many FR's. He's the one who is at least somewhat fun etc and a good friend)

But the other dude (not mentioned much as I don't really see him much) is the most boring guy you can possibly imagine. It's funny how people sometimes say you need to be 'charasmatic' and that charisma = game (I once heard game defined as 'applied charisma') because if that's the case, he' got less game than anybody i've ever met lol.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don’t want to be the “funny” guy per say. You want to be the clever, witty guy.

The trouble with the “funny guy” archetype is when over played you end up looking like a clown.
This x100.

If you can master well-placed witty humor, light teasing, and remarks, you're gold. I've mastered this over the years, and I KNOW it's added points to my batting average.

Women like to have fun on dates. Come across too cool, low key, uninterested, whatever, to you it's "cool" to her it's boring as f*ck. You can't be comedian guy, but with wit and humor, *especially light teasing* it shows intelligence, playfulness, and confidence.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like to have fun on dates. Come across too cool, low key, uninterested, whatever, to you it's "cool" to her it's boring as f*ck. You can't be comedian guy, but with wit and humor, *especially light teasing* it shows intelligence, playfulness, and confidence.
Never be a comedian, but the sense of humor talkshow hosts use is considered to be the most attractive when on dates. Talkshow hosts use a light banter kind of humor, use the stories of their guests to make a joke of something that happens in their surroundings and they aren't afraid to take a crack on themselves aswell. Making fun of yourself from time to time shows the girl it ain't no big deal when you laugh at her for something she said and she will feel free to tease you aswell.. this can escalate to full on flirting in no time.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being funny doesn't make you attractive. Being attractive makes you funny. If she's finding your unfunny remarks funny, even your spiteful ones, it's time to make a move.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the last 5 women Ive got out, have had the worst/selfish conversation skills I've come across. I dont think any asked more than one question about my life, yet they pursued for a 2nd/3rd date, so it was nothing to do with interest
They did all the talking, right? You asked them questions and they got to talk about themselves and their lives, right?

I always do this. Always.

Those women start liking you more and more during the date and they don't know why. It's because they get to talk about what is most dear to them and what spikes their emotions and interests the most: Them-F***ing-selves!

This is the number one advice I would give my 20 yo self: let them talk about themselves and they will start to feel a connection with you.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
You gotta have "masculine humour" as AMS said in one of his videos. Make a joke but don't laugh at your own joke and dont overdo it. It's fine to crack a few jokes during a date as long as you don't become a cornball/clown.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no AMS is wrong again (don't even know why he's such an authority figure on here tbh). i laugh at my own jokes all the time cuz why wouldn't I? i'm fcking hilarious.