"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

asking girl out over MSN?

Dave111

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Over the past week I've been chatting away to a girl who is at the same University campus as me. I've never seen her, but she claims that she's seen me & recognises me. She recognised my profile on the Faceparty website. (I put a profile up there with a bunch of my mates for a laugh)

Anyway, she started talking to me one day last week on MSN and we've been talking away to each other each day since, nothing big, just small chat bout uni etc.

The thing is she keeps dropping the fact that she's single in the conversation quite a lot I've noticed.

The other thing is, I swore to myself I'd never ask a girl out over the Internet, but I'm kinda thinking about asking this girl if she fancies meeting up for a drink, rather than talk online like idiots all the time.

Just wanting to know what is the opinions of you's guys, am I just behind the times, is internet dating a social commodity now or is it still in the minority?

Dave
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

taqueso

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
the middle of nowhere
Be wary, but you really don't have much to lose by going on a date with her. Maybe you will find out she is HB9/10 or maybe you will find out she is a 1. At least you gave it a shot.

Since you asked, I think meeting people on the internet is definately rising in popularity.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Ask for her number bro, and call her up. MSN is $hit.
 

tactic

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
1
Age
39
You: Want to go out?
Her: NO.
You: (Acts sad) O..ok... u...um... dont worry... i won't...i won't feel bad


Well I know (I could trust you right) you wouldn't do that on MSN but I'm just giving a point that you shouldn't ask her out on MSN or AIM or anywhere besides phone or face-to-face.
 

Dave111

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Re:

to the guy that was asking what she looks like, shes an 8 I'd say, extremely attractive.

The thing is, isn't asking for a chicks number on MSN kinda creepy?, I dunno how I'd feel if some random girl came on and asked me if I'd give her my number!

but you's are right, I've got nothing to lose , so I'll prob just go right ahead and ask her anyway

will report back!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2003
Messages
615
Reaction score
1
Age
54
Location
London, UK
Don't worry about it, stop farting around on MSN and get her number. She won't think it's creepy since you have built rapport with her - women find this kind of thing exciting and mysterious.
 
Top