"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

asking about her STD status via text

Mrpua

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 3, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
39
I am paranoid about STDs. or maybe just cautious.

Last time I went on a first date with a girl I asked about her STD status. I asked her whether she has ever had herpes cold sores on her lips. No second date. Two guys in real life have told me to stop asking girls questions about STDs. "you just have to take a chance" ya right I am going to put my health at risk.

I got this girl's number yesterday and we have been texting. I am about to ask about her STD status and whether she is willing to provide her latest STD test report. I don't want to waste my time and money going out just to find out she has something.

is it a good idea for me to ask, or am I going to come off like a weirdo and lose her 100%
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Good luck with that. HSV and HPV can be tricky as they are skin to skin. Most STD panels do not include HSV because 90% of people have HSV1 and up to 40% of people have HSV2. We live in the STD free hookup era. Be careful.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
If you’re that worried about it, use a condom the first few times and ask her a little later when she’s more comfortable…
She might even bring up the subject herself when she sees you pull the wrapper out after you have her in bed.
 
Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
I would not bring it up until you are in the bedroom about to have s*x. At that point, I ask "Hey, just wanted to let you know I had an STD test last month and it came back clear. Have you had one recently?"

I get your desire to ask early on, so you don't waste time dating her only to find out she is not a keeper, but it's also going to be looked at by the woman as presumptuous in a bad way. Assuming she will give you her number or go on a date or kiss you... These are good kind of assumptions but assuming s*x is where I draw the line, at least in terms of early dating.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2005
Messages
17,571
Reaction score
6,353
Age
50
Location
midwestern cow field 40
Women typically get tested when they get their annual pap smear, so they actually tend to get tested more than men , just because they have to go to the doctor anyway.

The best std prevention is to only stick your d!ck in women who give a sh!t about you as a person, enough to want to not give you anything. That doesn't have to mean LTR only, but it also means no hookers, drug addicts, or sh!tfaced drunk girls that you just met.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
True story...there once was a guy who was paranoid about dying from a plane crash...he went out of his way to make sure that he never flew even if it meant taking much longer to get there by bus, train, car, boat or whatever means he was able to avoid flying.

One day the man ended up being killed in an accident. A plane crashed into his house and killed him.

Moral of the story...you can be paranoid and try and take every precaution known to man and still catch something. Save from abstaining from sex of any kind you will never be able to guarantee not getting an STD.

Condoms are NOT very effective versus STDs. The natural openings on a condom would be the equivalent of a large set of double doors and a virus would be the size of a pin head. Clearly that doesn't provide a whole lot of protection...
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Why not, just get to the point, and ask her if she's a dirty hoe?:D
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Natural skin, natural membrane or lambskin condoms do contain small pores that may permit the passage of viruses, including HIV, hepatitis B, and herpes. However, more than 80% of male condoms commercially made in the United States are made of latex or synthetic latex and do not contain pores.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I am paranoid about STDs. or maybe just cautious.

Last time I went on a first date with a girl I asked about her STD status. I asked her whether she has ever had herpes cold sores on her lips. No second date. Two guys in real life have told me to stop asking girls questions about STDs. "you just have to take a chance" ya right I am going to put my health at risk.

I got this girl's number yesterday and we have been texting. I am about to ask about her STD status and whether she is willing to provide her latest STD test report. I don't want to waste my time and money going out just to find out she has something.

is it a good idea for me to ask, or am I going to come off like a weirdo and lose her 100%
Why in the world would you bring something like this up so early on? You just got her number.

And STD's being the topic of the 1st date with the other chick? No wonder there was no 2nd date.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I wonder if hpv could be passed by using the same towel if not washed with hot water.

Btw are there stats available about hpv transmission rate per vaginal intercourse?

Im ashamed to say it but I had unprotected sex with many girls (just met at clubs) in past without even knowing the existance of such disease.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
I always do it before sex when things are clearly headed that direction. Like old man said. I always use myself to communicate what I’m asking.

“I just wanted to let you know, so you feel safe, that I’m clean and don’t have any STD’s”. After that they always say “yea so am I. Thanks for telling me”. Never had it backfire.

Asking her directly could be taken the wrong way.
And asking her when you’re on a first date is simply just odd. Seems like you’re just there for sex. Lacks finesse.
 
R

Ranger

Guest
You have more of a chance of dying in a car wreck going to work.
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,539
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
This conversation should never happen if you aren’t considering the girl for LTR. Wrap your wang in a condom or just don’t engage in pre-marital sex.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top