Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

asking about her STD status via text

Mrpua

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am paranoid about STDs. or maybe just cautious.

Last time I went on a first date with a girl I asked about her STD status. I asked her whether she has ever had herpes cold sores on her lips. No second date. Two guys in real life have told me to stop asking girls questions about STDs. "you just have to take a chance" ya right I am going to put my health at risk.

I got this girl's number yesterday and we have been texting. I am about to ask about her STD status and whether she is willing to provide her latest STD test report. I don't want to waste my time and money going out just to find out she has something.

is it a good idea for me to ask, or am I going to come off like a weirdo and lose her 100%

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Good luck with that. HSV and HPV can be tricky as they are skin to skin. Most STD panels do not include HSV because 90% of people have HSV1 and up to 40% of people have HSV2. We live in the STD free hookup era. Be careful.

Billtx49

Reaction score
If you’re that worried about it, use a condom the first few times and ask her a little later when she’s more comfortable…
She might even bring up the subject herself when she sees you pull the wrapper out after you have her in bed.

Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would not bring it up until you are in the bedroom about to have s*x. At that point, I ask "Hey, just wanted to let you know I had an STD test last month and it came back clear. Have you had one recently?"

I get your desire to ask early on, so you don't waste time dating her only to find out she is not a keeper, but it's also going to be looked at by the woman as presumptuous in a bad way. Assuming she will give you her number or go on a date or kiss you... These are good kind of assumptions but assuming s*x is where I draw the line, at least in terms of early dating.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women typically get tested when they get their annual pap smear, so they actually tend to get tested more than men , just because they have to go to the doctor anyway.

The best std prevention is to only stick your d!ck in women who give a sh!t about you as a person, enough to want to not give you anything. That doesn't have to mean LTR only, but it also means no hookers, drug addicts, or sh!tfaced drunk girls that you just met.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True story...there once was a guy who was paranoid about dying from a plane crash...he went out of his way to make sure that he never flew even if it meant taking much longer to get there by bus, train, car, boat or whatever means he was able to avoid flying.

One day the man ended up being killed in an accident. A plane crashed into his house and killed him.

Moral of the story...you can be paranoid and try and take every precaution known to man and still catch something. Save from abstaining from sex of any kind you will never be able to guarantee not getting an STD.

Condoms are NOT very effective versus STDs. The natural openings on a condom would be the equivalent of a large set of double doors and a virus would be the size of a pin head. Clearly that doesn't provide a whole lot of protection...

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not, just get to the point, and ask her if she's a dirty hoe?:D

Billtx49

Reaction score
Natural skin, natural membrane or lambskin condoms do contain small pores that may permit the passage of viruses, including HIV, hepatitis B, and herpes. However, more than 80% of male condoms commercially made in the United States are made of latex or synthetic latex and do not contain pores.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I am paranoid about STDs. or maybe just cautious.

Last time I went on a first date with a girl I asked about her STD status. I asked her whether she has ever had herpes cold sores on her lips. No second date. Two guys in real life have told me to stop asking girls questions about STDs. "you just have to take a chance" ya right I am going to put my health at risk.

I got this girl's number yesterday and we have been texting. I am about to ask about her STD status and whether she is willing to provide her latest STD test report. I don't want to waste my time and money going out just to find out she has something.

is it a good idea for me to ask, or am I going to come off like a weirdo and lose her 100%
Why in the world would you bring something like this up so early on? You just got her number.

And STD's being the topic of the 1st date with the other chick? No wonder there was no 2nd date.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder if hpv could be passed by using the same towel if not washed with hot water.

Btw are there stats available about hpv transmission rate per vaginal intercourse?

Im ashamed to say it but I had unprotected sex with many girls (just met at clubs) in past without even knowing the existance of such disease.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always do it before sex when things are clearly headed that direction. Like old man said. I always use myself to communicate what I’m asking.

“I just wanted to let you know, so you feel safe, that I’m clean and don’t have any STD’s”. After that they always say “yea so am I. Thanks for telling me”. Never had it backfire.

Asking her directly could be taken the wrong way.
And asking her when you’re on a first date is simply just odd. Seems like you’re just there for sex. Lacks finesse.

R

Ranger

You have more of a chance of dying in a car wreck going to work.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This conversation should never happen if you aren’t considering the girl for LTR. Wrap your wang in a condom or just don’t engage in pre-marital sex.