"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Ask gf to teach me how to dance?

burtonsnow

New Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
My girlfriend is a really good dancer and I'm not too experienced. Should I ask her to teach me or is that totally lame?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Bunk 040

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Age
38
If you want to learn then ask her!

Now me, I'm probably the best dancer there is. But when I am at a club or at a party I tell whichever girl I'm sarging that I can't dance and need someone to teach me. It's just a technique I developed back when I was shy and now I always use it.
 

burtonsnow

New Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
You don't think it would turn her off? The relationship is solid and we've been together for almost a year. My problem is I'm self-conscience, I can dance when I'm alone, but freeze up in front of girls I like for some sick reason. So in otherwords, it wouldn't be easy to ask her.
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
Gotta start somewhere. The more you do something the more it becomes natural.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
ask her to teach you.

I was goin out with this girl once who was really in to POKEMON cards...

I asked her to teach me how to play it...

=======

Pretend to be a slow learner sometimes but dont make it too obvious... lol...
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
i hope this is not a serious thread. sounds like you're a hardcore AFC to me. you have more issues than learning to dance. work on yourself and the dancing will come.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
cmon man...

every1 starts at a certain level. I was at his level before (or even worse). Um... should I do this? Should I do that? Um... am I standing right? Am I smiling right? Um... my clothes... um... are they ok? What is she thinkin bout me? Is she thinkin im an idiot? um... eh... duh... lol...

:D
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by neobrood
ask her to teach you.

I was goin out with this girl once who was really in to POKEMON cards...

I asked her to teach me how to play it...

=======

Pretend to be a slow learner sometimes but dont make it too obvious... lol...
I sincerly hope this was in about 4th grade...
 

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Originally posted by neobrood
nope... she's 19 :D
You make people from Toronto look bad...........:eek: :( :p :cool:

THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION:

1) Ask her to teach you !!! Youll have alot of girlfriends, if she is a good teacher, it will help you later on in life....

2) Since you dont wanna see beta.....you need to use push/pull theory which is polar oppsite comments....ex: when she is teaching you:

"Your not too bad a dancer...."

Later on....

"Oh i dont know if you can teach me, your too sexual BLAH BLAH"
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
You've been in a relationship with your girlfriend for a year... and you still can't ask her to teach you something? Come on, if there was something you knew how to do well and she wanted to learn, would it hurt your interest?

You are simply worrying too much. Just ask her if you wanna learn. But don't pretend to be interested in something just to feel her up on the dance floor. You're already dating, you should have that already.
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
Alright bud listen up. You already have the girls attention - YOU ARE DATING HER FOR A YEAR ALREADY. You have self confidence issues, yea you already said it. In order to get over those issues you gotta just get some balls to put it bluntly. I used to be very self-confident. But look, your already a step ahead.. YOU HAVE A GF FOR A YEAR NOW. So if you were ugly or uncool or whatever your insecurities are about you wouldnt have one. So in order to get over this ASK HER TO TEACH YOU. You gotta know in your head when you ask her that there is nothing wrong with it. If you are so insecure with her so much that you cannot even ask her to teach you to dance.. then maybe you need to evaluate your relationship. All in all, get some bigass balls and ask her knowing that your the man and that you asking her something trivial will not affect your relationship, if it does, then she is a shallow person.
 

CharmingBastard

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Finland
I think you probably want to ask her, otherwise you wouldn't have posted your question. So if you want to ask her, then just do it , are you man or a mouse? If she thinks its lame, well then it's she who has an attitude problem.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
You make people from Toronto look bad...........
not really tho. Lemme make this clear: 99% OF PEOPLE FROM TORONTO ARENT LIKE THAT!!!

Therefore, like what the Donjuan bible said... something that is rare is precious. Therefore she is a rare find... :D
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top