Article: Young adults are having heart attacks more often — What’s causing it?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoooboy. We got some coincidence theorists here.

Let me tell you something. I never engage in disinformative, violent conspiracy theories that are extreme. It's all just video games and sedimentary lifestyles causing the problems. During 2021-2022, my own family suffered 1. a fatal heart attack, 2. a stillborn, 3. three hospitalizations, 4. and three job losses (including myself). There was no prior family history of those medical issues from all four sides of the family, and two people were fired for the first time in their lives. A lifelong family friend was barred from attending career orientated conventions. Another close family friend got fired from her nursing job she spent her 20's struggling to get. Those tragedies and difficulties were all our faults.

Disinformation campaigns like these led by far right agitators were popping up with thousands of similar medical stories all around 2021-2022, a time when nothing unrelated was happening. In fact, that's the same time I noticed my social media accounts getting shadowbanned and sometimes outright banned. I'm sure the permanent damage caused to my immediate family, close relatives, and lifelong family friends were the fault of something else completely different, probably their own poor decisions. Just some dust on the shoulder we could have easily brushed off if we didn't resort to agner and blaming others for our problems. I didn't read enough Marcus Aurelius and stopped meditating. That was the real problem.

I mean, what do I know? It's not like I had direct career experience in the field of science and medicine for the better part of a decade. It's not like I've never seen faulty lab reports getting rewarded, and gov or corporate interests funding studies to produce specific results. It's not like I had any connections to a hospital director who faked taking it so she wouldn't lose her career and tell us in private not to take it. It's not like my colleagues in the biochemistry industry were skeptical about it, and they certainly didn't eventually take it after watching their coworkers getting fired in a time of economic instability and a mortgage to pay for. It's not like I asked postdocs in foreign countries what their opinions were. I have definitely never filed FDA paperwork to gain approval for a medical procedure before, and I have never once been to a conference where professionals attempt to address the shortcomings of the FDA. I don't even know anything about the QA process of how vaccines are produced from work experience, and I certainly don't have R&D colleagues who have literally used the properties of viruses to deliver medication and have interacted with researchers with mRNA experience before for a better informed opinion.

Nope. I'm just a stupid hillbilly who watches too much Alex Jones. Thank Science I and the other hicks had the opportunity to be educated by better people and learn the facts from authority sources. It saved me from becoming someone like that.

I mean, look at how much I typed. I clearly have personality issues that need resolving, stemming from my own inadequacies and childhood trauma. I should see a therapist because being upset at such things is not what normal people ought to do. I deserved being kicked in the face repeatedly for years because I'm insecure and need a hard teaching at the end of the day. I have to let the past go and learn to live, laugh, love. Otherwise it will consume me.

Nothing happened in 2021-2022. It's all just an amalgamation of poor lifestyle choices and not enough funding for awareness problems. I and others who suffered hardship during that time were able to quickly absorb the damage a-okay after a decade of gig economy, degree inflation, and out of control housing costs. We just took the hit and moved straight on to gas shortages, inflation, another recession, and the possibility of world war directly effecting us without missing a beat and zero need for any sort of recovery.

I look back on that time and realize that much of the suffering was completely my fault and could have been avoided if I just stuck to my gym routine.
Good post, but it's a shame you have to cite your authoritative experience and use heavy satire to illustrate the obvious.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I do believe heart attack deaths can be attributed to increasingly poor lifestyle habits and environmental causes, it's so obvious it's from the vaccines that to suggest otherwise is a pointless discussion because if you don't see it now you won't ever. If you don't believe anything unless it is "peer reviewed" you should consider the simple fact that grant funding for studies is a corrupt enterprise and so is the peer review process in general. Beyond that, the cult of "scientism" has convinced people (consisting mostly of people ignorant of what the scientific method actually is, and think science=authority) that they aren't capable of making their own observations or forming their own ideas, especially if it relates to anecdote (which btw, anecdote is not antithetical to the scientific method, despite what you're told, anecdotes can actually be extremely valuable data points).

Anyway, either you see the connection or you don't, no arguing will change anyones mind at this point. The rise in "sudden deaths" in young athletes (literal teenagers and college aged) or even normal children is enough evidence alone of the vaccines harm, because this was virtually unheard of before the past few years. I for one do not believe this was intentional or malicious, I think most of the conspiracies are retarded, but I do believe that big pharma is evil and they rushed out a vaccine with extremely poor understanding of it's safety. If you don't think big pharma is evil you need to educate yourself. Look up the history of Pfizer lawsuits.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Can we please not start this cr@p again?

SARS-Covid-19 can cause heart related problems in a majority of cases, specifically in unvaccinated individuals. The virus causes it not the jab.

Don’t believe me, search The Lancet, PubMed, Google Scholar, JAMA, Nature, etc. NOT Tenpenny’s website please.

Suggested search terms:

“COVID-19”, “unvaccinated”, “cardiovascular complications”, “myocarditis”, “pericarditis”, “acute myocardial injury”, “thromboembolic events”, and “longitudinal study” to refine your search for studies that provide evidence of heart complications among unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. Make sure to filter your search results by date to get the most recent studies for the most up-to-date information.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SARS-Covid-19 can cause heart related problems in a majority of cases, specifically in unvaccinated individuals. The virus causes it not the jab.
You actually expected a science based discussion? At one point, this section of the forum was littered with covid-19 conspiracy theories.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Hope springs eternal, brother.

I'm fascinated that so many people think they're ER/ICU doctors, experts in cardiopulmonary science, and virologists because they read some websites trolling for clicks.

/braces for the incoming onslaught

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Don’t believe me, search The Lancet, PubMed, Google Scholar, JAMA, Nature, etc. NOT Tenpenny’s website please.

Suggested search terms:

“COVID-19”, “unvaccinated”, “cardiovascular complications”, “myocarditis”, “pericarditis”, “acute myocardial injury”, “thromboembolic events”, and “longitudinal study” to refine your search for studies that provide evidence of heart complications among unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. Make sure to filter your search results by date to get the most recent studies for the most up-to-date information.
I am one of the few who thinks both Covid and the vaccines are both dangerous. I listened extensively to Bret Weinstein during Covid, and he gave numerous warnings about Covid long before he presented good data on why the vaccines might also not safe.

You actually expected a science based discussion? At one point, this section of the forum was littered with covid-19 conspiracy theories.
If you asked anyone on the right or the left to define what the scientific method is in their own words, I'd guess 90% of them could not do it. The left is guilty of scienticism and dogma and the right is guilty of arrogance and schizophrenic thinking.

Hope springs eternal, brother.

I'm fascinated that so many people think they're ER/ICU doctors, experts in cardiopulmonary science, and virologists because they read some websites trolling for clicks.

/braces for the incoming onslaught
This is actually a point I would say is common with scienticism - the idea that only "Experts" are allowed to have opinions. You know when you go to the Doctor and list off symptoms, most likely they are going on pubmed and doing a search for what you just described? Why can't a normal person do the same thing? This is what the internet is best utilized for. The biggest difference in quality of information comes down to knowing how and where to search and being willing to actually read entire studies and conduct your own meta analysis. There's no reason why a "lay person" cannot make an informed decision or posit a hypothesis on something. In fact to suggest otherwise is antithetical to science. You should be able to debase most wild and nutty ideas by using common sense alone.

Anyway I am absolutely sick of players on both sides of this debate - one side shuts down Covid, the other side shuts down vaccines. I actually suspect decades from now that some innate personality trait like conscientiousness will be discovered to have a near 1:1 correlation to beliefs related to Covid and vaccines. This is not a rational discussion and never was.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
So why would one trust “the internet” listed symptoms if they were identified and researched by people with the same medical education that presented them to begin with?

Confirmation bias is a real thing. I do believe that the benefits of the COVID vaccines outweigh the side effects, I’ve seen this in action many times.

The other thing I’ve seen countless times is unvaccinated people who contracted COVID die. This comes from years of walking in and out of negative pressure iso rooms with multiple layers of PPE, and never having contracted the bug.

I respect those who choose not to vaccinate, we have choices in life, we’re entitled to them, we also have to deal with the consequences of said choices.

To each their own.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you asked anyone on the right or the left to define what the scientific method is in their own words, I'd guess 90% of them could not do it. The left is guilty of scienticism and dogma and the right is guilty of arrogance and schizophrenic thinking.
On this topic, my first post gave actually causes of myocardial infarction in young people. Somehow the rest of the thread became infected with covid-19 anti-vax propaganda.

We know the causes of heart attacks. If you’re going to pin it on covid-19 vaccines, there must be causal evidence to show it. Otherwise, it’s just another conspiracy theory for the BS pile. This thread was intended to be a scientific discussion.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it. Where does it say this?

Most heart attacks happen to sedentary tubby fvckers that eat doordash 4x a week.
My post is based on my first-hand experience in emergent medicine. And you are correct initially the preponderance of deaths where of older folks with comorbidities.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at all the food additives that the EU has banned that the west has not, it's actually ridiculous how much **** we allow into our foods here, we literally regularly consume a ****tail of chemicals that we have no idea about the safety of.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My post is based on my first-hand experience in emergent medicine. And you are correct initially the preponderance of deaths where of older folks with comorbidities.
Interesting research has shown that exercising alone does not seem to help lower mortality rate if you spend 8 hours a day sitting down.

Sitting for extended periods of time on a daily basis is literally the number 1 all-cause mortality risk you can have and people should do whatever is in their power to avoid it.

Apparently it's because the body needs to bear weight in the leg bones to "know" how much it weighs so it can tailor its processes/metabolism etc for that weight and when you sit for long period of time the body actually thinks you weigh much less than you actually do and it sets these processes up for someone who is much lighter rather than how much you actually weigh.

Not an issue once in a while, but when it's every day, it's a serious problem.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Interesting research has shown that exercising alone does not seem to help lower mortality rate if you spend 8 hours a day sitting down.

Sitting for extended periods of time on a daily basis is literally the number 1 all-cause mortality risk you can have and people should do whatever is in their power to avoid it.

Apparently it's because the body needs to bear weight in the leg bones to "know" how much it weighs so it can tailor its processes/metabolism etc for that weight and when you sit for long period of time the body actually thinks you weigh much less than you actually do and it sets these processes up for someone who is much lighter rather than how much you actually weigh.

Not an issue once in a while, but when it's every day, it's a serious problem.
Or just get a standing desk, really nice ones are available online for less than $200. I have had them at work (more solid ones than the ones on Amazon), for more than a decade. They are now motorized.

I remember reading that a standing desk if used all day burns something like 300 kcal. Standing also improves your bowel motility.

Initially your hips may hurt for a week or so, after doing it for a few months sitting for long periods will make you sore .

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't remember the article, but I read that the C-19 virus uses calcium in in the blood in it's method of reproduction, then deposits the calcium in the blood vessel's wall - which explains why the respiratory system is hit so hard, and why the cardiovascular system suffers afterwards.

If true, that would fit with my personal experience of Covid.
Since having blood pressure problems some years ago I have been prescribed CCI medication (Calcium Channel Inhibitors), which would reduce the amount of calcium in my blood cells.
That could explain why, despite taking no precautions whatsoever, and only masking up where it was mandatory, I didn't catch C-19 until well into 2021, and when I did get it, it was a nothing-burger (I'm guessing the virus had very little calcium to work with??) - I've had far worse colds.
I had a bit of a sniffle for a couple of days, and one night of headaches - thought it was a mild summer-cold and only took a test because work insisted (Got a week off, fully paid, and felt perfectly fine :rofl: )

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Have you done a test called a "Calcium Score"? Its a CT scan.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Or just get a standing desk, really nice ones are available online for less than $200. I have had them at work (more solid ones than the ones on Amazon), for more than a decade. They are now motorized.

I remember reading that a standing desk if used all day burns something like 300 kcal. Standing also improves your bowel motility.

Initially your hips may hurt for a week or so, after doing it for a few months sitting for long periods will make you sore .
Have that and use a walking pad in conjunction with it...get 12-18K steps while working every day

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, tell your boss to supply them for everyone at work.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the vaccines. The excess deaths are still higher than pre-pandemic when you factor these sudden deaths. You had the luxury of blaming covid in 2020 and 2021, but you can't really blame it in 2024. The hospitalizaitons and death rates have bottomed out, we virtually have herd immunity, and everyone is carrying on without a mask and vaccine hesitancy (for booster shots) are high all over the place -- it looks like people are just tired of them and don't care. At least where I am, covid sounds like something that belongs in history and if you wear a mask or act like you are still worried about this thing, then you are the odd one out who is paranoid.

The only thing that has happened that has changed since 2019 has been the vaccines. That's the only new thing that was introduced.

You want to blame chairs and being sedentary? Chairs were there before the Pandemic, how do you account for excess deaths now AFTER the Pandemic? Almost EVERY factor you can say causes death existed BEFORE the Pandemic, so how can you deduce that it's causing EXCESS deaths today as compared to BEFORE the Pandemic? The only variable is the vaccines. Name ONE other variable besides the vaccines, that could be a factor in EXCESS deaths today, that did not EXIST before the Pandemic and you have my attention.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Correlation is not causation.

I get why you're asking about vaccines and why there seem to be more deaths now, even with COVID-19 not being as big of a deal as before. It feels easy to point at vaccines as the cause, but it's not that simple. Vaccines for COVID-19 went through a lot of tests to make sure they're safe and work well. They've helped a lot of people not get really sick, go to the hospital, or even die from COVID-19.

But when we talk about why more people might be dying now, it's important to remember that lots of things play a role. It's not just about a virus or whether people got their shots. For example, during the pandemic, some folks might not have gone to the doctor for other health problems. There's also been a big rise in people feeling really stressed or down, changes in jobs or money that make it harder to see a doctor, and other health stuff that got messed up because of the pandemic.

You asked for something new that might be causing more deaths, not counting vaccines. Well, there are things like 'long COVID', where people feel sick for a long time, more people feeling really stressed or anxious, not getting check-ups or treatment for other health problems because of the pandemic, and changes in how we live that aren't great for our health. Particularly obesity is on the rise, significantly, spec in the last few years, obesity is the #1 causal factor in cardiovascular diseases, and causes a ton of comorbidities.

It's super important to look at the big picture and see how all these different things can affect our health. When making health rules, like about vaccines, experts look at all the info they have to keep as many people safe and healthy as possible.

We should keep talking about this stuff, using facts and being kind to each other. That way, we can figure out the best way to deal with these tricky issues together.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the purposes of discussion, when talking about sudden deaths, we are defining specifically healthy, non-obese young adults under the age of 40 years old, who for no explanation, have simply died, whether by a sudden an unexpected heart attack or something else.

Obesity has existed before the Pandemic. Old Age has existed before the Pandemic (yeah, people eventually die at some point). People have been stressed and down before the Pandemic. Things may have been at a new level because Gen-Z is emerging and their issues are vocal on the internet, but it is not like it did not exist before the Pandemic. If people deferred going to a doctor for a health issue, or have long covid, then that's unfortunately disqualified from the target group -- healthy young adults that have no prior record of a health issue and the cause of death is undetermined and of a freak and out of the blue nature.

The main variable of difference from the target group, unfortunately, apart from the Pandemic (ie which we can agree is now "gone' as far as being the major cause of death today), are the vaccines. This means something bizzare is going on with these young people's circulatory systems that is resulting in catastrophic failure. Knowing that mRna vaccines have been notorious in producing spike proteins throughout the body, and if the material of that vaccine ends up in the wrong place of the body (ie especially if the needle is not asperated prior to injection), that heart tissue, brain tissue, can all convert into these spike proteins, cause pre-mature wear-and-tear all over the body, and if you don't have an immediate or soon side-effect, then you might have one in a longer-range of time.

The only safe vaccine, the Novavax, should have been administered more broadly instead and it's likely it would not be that bad today.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you done a test called a "Calcium Score"? Its a CT scan.
Not had a CT scan.
I did have a heart ultrasound around 8yrs ago - It was related to having seriously high BP when I was MUCH heavier than I am now.

Between about 40 and 51/52 my weight got up to 295lbs - Blood Pressure was ridiculously high (My Doc used the word 'scary')
Sugar in my diet had been the problem (Marriage went bad and I gave up caring - looking back I was probably comfort-eating) so I went on a strict 'No refined/processed sugars' diet - Over the next 10 months I got my weight under 200lbs, and eventually down to around 180-185.
Also got divorced around that time.
I was a keen cyclist in my youth, with my fit weight being around 170-175 lbs... so at 50+ yrs old, I'm happy with 180-185
The ultrasound came when I was around 250lbs, and the sonographer asked if I'd done competitive sports in the past.
She reckoned that the cycling had stood me in good stead, heart was very strong for my age, apart from a mild enlargement, that would likely subside if I continued to get my weight down, and then stayed fit.