Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

article: What Drives Men to Marry?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
5,125

C0ck carouseler:
At 11 on a weeknight earlier this year, her work finished, a slim, pretty junior at the University of Pennsylvania did what she often does when she has a little free time. She texted her regular hookup — the guy she is sleeping with but not dating. What was he up to? He texted back: Come over. So she did. They watched a little TV, had sex and went to sleep.
“I positioned myself in college in such a way that I can’t have a meaningful romantic relationship, because I’m always busy and the people that I am interested in are always busy, too,” she said.
“Ten years from now, no one will remember — I will not remember — who I have slept with,” A. said. “But I will remember, like, my transcript, because it’s still there. I will remember what I did. I will remember my accomplishments and places my name is hung on campus.”
The author nails it:
Sex means so little to A that she doesn’t expect to remember all the men she’s slept with. She gives herself to men she doesn’t like because they’re good in bed. Given her history and the fundamental importance of sex, why does she think that any man would want to marry her?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
42
I give he do make some interesting points, don't like much teh who religious manipulation, but that did work in older times, still it just make my take on never commit to a woman more strong
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
;)
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
I married my girlfriend last Saturday, but I don't think she qualifies as being the type of woman described so often on this forum.
I wouldn't even have sex with the type of women described on this forum.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
899
Reaction score
1,029
I hated how religious that blog advice was.
Every paragraph and sometimes every two sentences had quotes plugged in from the bible.
It was equivalent of using bible references for a Wikipedia.
 

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
The carouseler I've noticed of late typically at 31 or 34 looks quite a bit (especially in the mouth, from too much c0ck-sucking or muff-diving?) OLDER than even their 37 and 39 yr old prudish sister counterparts. The spread between the looks of a 26 yr old woman and 40 yr old woman can drastically fluctuate, given her cognizance of her ancestral imperative to enact continual self-preservation, to cleanse thyself, to keep clean, to scrub. The tats, the rings everywhere, the wallowing in the slop even when you've got money, is a new phenomena for woman. They do not understand their narrow window of opportunity and dire need to widen it or stave off the drastic effects of aging on the fairer of the sexes. Their gold turns to copper or rust. This is due to nature or man's eyeball seeking beauty or vigor for reproduction and us men can't help that. This is what drives Sandra Bullock to spread the foreskin of babies on her face. If she could step into the future, as many billionaires believe they will have access to eternal life and youth, she would give anything. I know personally a 100 millionaire who believes he would go on indefinitely living (he just retired and is winding down his business till the end of the year, Very litigious man - I would NOT wanna get in his crosshairs - he just threatened one of our top local lawyers here with a New York law firm for overcharging him or calling him on weekdays to ask him questions about his patents, so he sent a letter telling the local lawyer to cease calling him on weekdays or that HE will be charge $500/hr (consulting) as opposed to the $250/hr he kept overcharging - the local lawyer has been doing this to a LOT of people here locally and this 100 millionaire I know STOOD UP to him finally cause he's got scary connections, like I said, I would Not wanna get on his bad side and we remain friends/acquaintances though I probably won't see him ever again after this year but we have mutual friends in insurance - I was invited to a ceremony for a woman he knows better than I as her husband (another millionaire) just passed away at 53, um, so, this extending your life cause you're rich bs is a fleeting pipe dream but these people Really do believe they're going on indefinitely like George Soros, not gonna happen no matter the amount of gene therapy, organ replacement, harvesting biomatter from abortions).
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
I hated how religious that blog advice was.
Every paragraph and sometimes every two sentences had quotes plugged in from the bible.
It was equivalent of using bible references for a Wikipedia.
Funny thing is that you could probably take any other thick fictional book and find relevant quotes to pretty much whatever.
 
Top