"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

article: Surprising things men found attractive 50 years ago

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
Half of that stuff we found attractive in women still is today.

I dont wanna sound boring but tattoos and piercings turn a 9 into a 5 in my eyes, Im not even sure if I could bang one given how dirty (meants as trash) it makes them look.

Sure thing is that even 50 yrs ago prostitutes had more decency than the average women the way they dressed and behaved.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,948
Half of that stuff we found attractive in women still is today.

I dont wanna sound boring but tattoos and piercings turn a 9 into a 5 in my eyes, Im not even sure if I could bang one given how dirty (meants as trash) it makes them look.
Agreed on both counts.
I don't know how many times I've thought "Wow, that is a hot chick - ohhh, she has a tattoo". It's disappointing. It's like getting a collectible coin that has a scratch on it.

I remember back in the 60s girls used to iron their hair to straighten it.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
"Wow, that is a hot chick - ohhh, she has a tattoo". It's disappointing. It's like getting a collectible coin that has a scratch on it.
Well stated.

I can only think of one positive re: women with tattoos. For those that are into very young women (I'm too old and uninterested in 18 year olds) .... if they have ink, you can approach because you know that they are legal (at least in my state, you have to be 18).
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,948
I guess I’ll never understand the aversion to tattoos on this forum.
It's a matter of taste.
But to my view, it looks tacky.
It might also suggest a less innocent, more sleazy lifestyle. Which could be appealing to some men, but others do not want to be cucked.
There's also the aspect of you can't improve on mother nature. If I see a tree, I don't need graffiti on it. I want to see the girl, not ink.

That's not perfect, but it's about the best I can explain it.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I guess I’ll never understand the aversion to tattoos on this forum.
I like to change things up a bit. If I don't feel like my keeping goatee, I can shave it off. If I don't feel like wearing tennis shoes, I can put on a pair of doc martens (a gift from an ex, I'd never make that type of purchase) loafers etc...
A tattoo is a permanent billboard on your person that you cannot shave off or take off. Personally, I'm not a fan of women that use heavy makeup, but at least they can wash it off. That can't be done with a tattoo. Even if a tattoo is removed, there's still a noticeable outline in that area.

While others may disagree (and that's okay) I view tattoos as a sign of conformity and/or an attention getting mechanism (neither of which, I find personally appealing). In addition to this being said, I just do not see them as "cool" or attractive.
 
Last edited:

Scars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,003
Age
36
Location
Phoenix
I guess I’ll never understand the aversion to tattoos on this forum.
I had a co-worker explain it to me a long time ago, much like the way Zekko did. I personally like tattoos. I find the tabooness of it sexy, and most people are right.. tattoos usually means more slvtty. But I don't shy away from slvts. If I was looking for a LTR or marriage I would probably shy away, but I'm not.. so I'm down to have a little fun.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Half of that stuff we found attractive in women still is today.
I was reading through that list and was thinking the same thing. I like thin women. I also like athletic women. I do not like overweight women.

I guess I’ll never understand the aversion to tattoos on this forum.
I'm fine with 2-3 well placed and well designed tattoos. Beyond that, it gets more difficult to pull off well.

Lower back tattoos are great. Most back tattoos are good.

~40% of Millennial women have a tattoo. That's eliminating way too large of a pool of women if I were to get picky about any tattoos.

Every girl i dated with tatts, and thats been everyone except my current girl, has been expressed in her shytty behavior.
If I think about my whole 20+ year history of dating, the shiitiest behavior I've encountered has occurred with women with tattoos. Although I have gotten many notches from tattoo having women, I've had numerous ghosts, flakes, and receipt of candy asssed text messages from tattoo having women.
 
Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Half of that stuff we found attractive in women still is today.

I dont wanna sound boring but tattoos and piercings turn a 9 into a 5 in my eyes, Im not even sure if I could bang one given how dirty (meants as trash) it makes them look.

Sure thing is that even 50 yrs ago prostitutes had more decency than the average women the way they dressed and behaved.
I don’t see why not having or not liking tattoos makes you boring. I’ve never looked at someone with tattoos and thought “wow he or she must be a badass! So exciting!” I think “wow, guess they don’t think how they’ll look when they’re 60 with a tramp stamp”.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
My grandfather was a sailor, and he had a tattoo. Yes, it looked terrible when he was old. Obviously, he was able to find a decent woman though.
He was also dealing with a different decade of women.
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
I like to change things up a bit. If I don't feel like my keeping goatee, I can shave it off. If I don't feel like wearing tennis shoes, I can put on a pair of doc martens (a gift from an ex, I'd never make that type of purchase) loafers etc...
A tattoo is a permanent billboard on your person that you cannot shave off or take off. Personally, I'm not a fan of women that use heavy makeup, but at least they can wash it off. That can't be done with a tattoo. Even if a tattoo is removed, there's still a noticeable outline in that area.

While others may disagree (and that's okay) I view tattoos as a sign of conformity and/or an attention getting mechanism (neither of which, I find personally appealing). In addition to this being said, I just do not see them as "cool" or attractive.
I'm indifferent to women with tattoos however I've met more women who regret getting some of them. And some of the tattoos are downright stupid. My ex had a Celtic cross tattooed on her lower back. She's not even religious. Just your run of the mill tramp stamp that she regretted getting. Looks dumb too.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Fifty years ago it was mostly sailors and other servicemen with tattoos, but they were usually smaller. Now it’s mostly porn stars and low quality women, and they’re usually massive in size…
I thought tramp stamps were sexy years ago when they first appeared, but now body ink is getting to levels of absurdity…
The larger the tattoo you see, the more damage you will likely find. Quality women with good employment and social prospects usually stay discreet if they’re ink inclined.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
Tattoos are not even the biggest problems, now we have a wave of piercings and nose rings...I kid you not 1 out of 5 girls on tinder how has metal on her nose either a button on the side from the outside or cow style ring right in the middle.

I dont like it for many reasons, first I like to think that the girls I date are "clean" inside and outside and such stuff give me the opposite impression, second whoever puts stickers on a Ferrari clearly is dumb enough to mess whats inside wheter is the engines, brakes or the gear system.

Also one thing I dont like in girls in general is their desire to "fit" or be accepted that often translate into them forcing you do to boring or stupid things just because everyone else "worth" is doing.
I find that girls that try to be a "rebel" by comforming are the ones who do it the most.
 

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
876
Reaction score
1,275
Women (and men) these days lack the capacity for expression via meaningful conversation so they substitute slathering tattoos all over their bodies in an attempt to make themselves interesting. Basically its the result of our modern "style over substance" culture. Having a discreet tattoo or two is one thing but people who take it to the usual extremes are desperate for validation.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Tattoos can mean several things and don't necessarily turn me off. Like one gal told me she got a tattoo to remember her late mother. Another one told me she has one to cover up a birth defect. Some get it to be individualistic or "different". I find some of these gals to have a refreshing and unique outlook in life and they march to the beat of their own drum. These gals are nice because they aren't seeking peer approval or looking to get advice from her friends on everything.

On the other hand, one dude told me he paid $10k for a full sleeve so he can have better chances of meeting women. LOL

Different strokes for different folks...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top