Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Nvidia CEO predicts the death of coding — Jensen Huang says AI will do the work, so kids don't need to learn

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And it’s coming soon, I already use AI to generate shell scripts and python and it gets me 90% of the way there…

Hi Pierce,
This should send shivers down the spine.....concentrating the wealth created into even fewer hands,juxtapose that with the demolition of boundaries in the West and you can't see much future for the less gifted youth....Just Dole Queues and Soup Kitchens,unless of course we opt for War!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pierce,
This should send shivers down the spine.....concentrating the wealth created into even fewer hands,juxtapose that with the demolition of boundaries in the West and you can't see much future for the less gifted youth....Just Dole Queues and Soup Kitchens,unless of course we opt for War!
Can you believe how much people are just rolling over for this AI stuff Scaramouche? They don't even want to pause for thinking it over, it's all full speed ahead. Sort of like being forced to get into a vehicle without brakes imo.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going briefly off topic, it's widely reported in the Esoteric community that it's AI in the astral plane that's keeping us reincarnated on Earth (as opposed to" graduating" to better places) and wiping out memories of our past lives.

"moon reincarnation trap reddit" google results

Hmm, I wonder how Jensen Huang feels about all of this....

lolz

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
And it’s coming soon, I already use AI to generate shell scripts and python and it gets me 90% of the way there…

Not really. Anyone who actually is a software engineer knows it has limitations. Sometimes significant limitations. It's never been promoted that it will be able to write complex pieces of software itself. Always promoted as helping software engineers become more efficient by taking the grunt work out of coding by writing boilerplate code, tedious code, unit tests and documentation.

We use GitHub CoPilot at work integrated into our IDE's. There is zero chance this will be taking over for me anytime soon when it comes to understanding context of what you are trying to do and/or complex things with nuances to them. It's pretty bad at it. Often times sending you on wild goose chases no matter how specific the prompts are you write to get it to give you better results.

As I like to say, it's great at navigating you cross country between places, like if you were driving from NYC to Seattle, it is great at telling you how to get there. Not very good once you get to Seattle and ask it to get you to places within the city and ask for detailed things.

There is a massive difference in writing a basic shell script versus writing big applications by orders of magnitude. That would fall under things it's good at. I have it write Terraform code for me too that is usually quite good for our Continuous Build and Deploy Pipelines on Azure.

What is accurate is that software engineers who don't use it will be replaced by ones who do use it.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi Pierce,
Only among those who don't actually do it for a living and know it's limitations since they use it daily.

It will always have limitations. Pretending it won't is folly.

Hard to explain why to those who don't understand what it is we do, but easy to see if you do it.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. Anyone who actually is a software engineer knows it has limitations. Sometimes significant limitations. It's never been promoted that it will be able to write complex pieces of software itself. Always promoted as helping software engineers become more efficient by taking the grunt work out of coding by writing boilerplate code, tedious code, unit tests and documentation.

We use GitHub CoPilot at work integrated into our IDE's. There is zero chance this will be taking over for me anytime soon when it comes to understanding context of what you are trying to do and/or complex things with nuances to them. It's pretty bad at it. Often times sending you on wild goose chases no matter how specific the prompts are you write to get it to give you better results.

As I like to say, it's great at navigating you cross country between places, like if you were driving from NYC to Seattle, it is great at telling you how to get there. Not very good once you get to Seattle and ask it to get you to places within the city and ask for detailed things.

There is a massive difference in writing a basic shell script versus writing big applications by orders of magnitude. That would fall under things it's good at. I have it write Terraform code for me too that is usually quite good for our Continuous Build and Deploy Pipelines on Azure.

What is accurate is that software engineers who don't use it will be replaced by ones who do use it.
Yes 100% correct, being a developer myself I agree with this

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you believe how much people are just rolling over for this AI stuff Scaramouche? They don't even want to pause for thinking it over, it's all full speed ahead. Sort of like being forced to get into a vehicle without brakes imo.
I'll make a counterargument. AI is just the latest step in the systems automation process that started with the invention of the cotton gin. As systems become more complex, automation is inevitable. So many things that we use today are already fully or largely automated: the electric grid, factories, ships, planes, elevators, and even basic household appliances like washing machines and air conditioning. I don't think that AI will completely replace human programmers (someone will still have to know how to make adjustments to AI) but there is no doubt that it will eliminate many lower-tier coding jobs. And there's nothing wrong with that. If we tried to stop automation for the sake of keeping obsolete jobs, we would still be hand-washing socks, wiping asses with leaves and using firewood to stay warm.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m fairly sure that AI will take over more and more of the tasks in writing code, the state of the art is accelerating every day.

It’s probably going to outpace many offshore terms pretty fast.

Only time will tell.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Doubtful.
And if you were good at it you could automate complex CI/CD chains years ago and only handle exceptions. Given Moore’s Law it’s inevitable. Most teams spend 80% of their time dealing with technical debt. Time will tell.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
And if you were good at it you could automate complex CI/CD chains years ago and only handle exceptions. Given Moore’s Law it’s inevitable. Most teams spend 80% of their time dealing with technical debt. Time will tell.
Technical debt which takes a thorough understanding of all the moving parts in the underlying architecture so you don't fix one problem and create 10 more.

AI has almost no way of understanding this in the context of a human and it's unlikely that will change anytime soon.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pierce,
No, all we need to have happen is for folks to develop Class Consciousness, and then they will vote for folks to redistribute the wealth.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am a "retired" programmer, and I still speak with friends/colleagues that are still working. One guy in particular told me how his AI bot will, if given the proper prompt, generate the bulk of the code, with programmers like him simply making a few changes. IOW, it VASTLY increases programmer efficiency. And programmer efficiency inevitably leads to a sharp drop in the demand for programmers.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I am a "retired" programmer, and I still speak with friends/colleagues that are still working. One guy in particular told me how his AI bot will, if given the proper prompt, generate the bulk of the code, with programmers like him simply making a few changes. IOW, it VASTLY increases programmer efficiency. And programmer efficiency inevitably leads to a sharp drop in the demand for programmers.
He must be writing pretty simple programs or ones that only have basic functionality.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When Artificial Intelligence invents a NEW computer code, then I will truly be impressed, especially based upon Quantum Computing / Trinary.