"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

article: Instant Gratification – How Tinder Almost Ruined Dating for Millennials

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,856
Reaction score
19,083
Ah yes...sounds about right. All Tinder did was give people more options and choices to make. So because Millennials decided to make poor choices for themselves, they blame Tinder.

No, Tinder didn't ruin anything. They ruined it for themselves. They had choices to make and they made poor ones. But of course, what should we expect, nothing is ever their fault and it's always someone else or something else to blame for their faults or failures.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
It's difficult to say that Tinder ruined dating for Millennials. When the oldest Millennials (1982-1986) started dating between ~1998-2004 they were already walking into a difficult mating environment. Younger Millennials started dating as the smartphone and social media were getting big, dating websites became de-stigmatized, and later swipe apps came around.

The foundation for the mating environment getting worse was laid during the Sexual Revolution of the 1960s and second wave feminism of the 1960s and 1970s. Everything else stems from movements of those eras.

It is fair to say that Tinder, other swipe apps, and social media made things worse.
 

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
Not just Tinder, but social media in general. I could write a doctoral thesis on the negative effects of social media on society which is why I dont use the crap.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
It’s not just millennials. Tons of old divorced women toting kids around that are on online dating looking for the “insta tingles” on first dates.
 

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
These companies will slowly find ways to exploit our dopamine systems, that will be the major problem, right now people have a choice but as tech develops, they will grow in their ability to manipulate our choices, needs regulation.
 
Top