"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Arguments.

Reiki

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
NL
Me and my friends sometimes have arguments about stuff (science,school,working out,women)


What bothers me is that they say things like, Im gonna workout for 2 hours and get big, or like ALL women are sluts, or they say that demons are gonna come and end the world ( off some stupid site -_- ).

I try to tell them otherwise, but they never listen, should I just keep my mouth shut when I hear someone else saying something incorrect?

What about people beside my friends, like coworkers or something, I dont wanna come across as someone who always wants to be right...
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Just disagree without being disagreeable. Don't impose your beliefs on your peers even if you know you're right. Let them find the truth themselves. Don't take it personally if people don't agree with your point of view, just present it and let go.
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Them: Im gonna workout for 2 hours and get big,
You: So go do it.


Then: ALL women are sluts
You: ?

Them: demons are gonna come and end the world ( off some stupid site -_- ).
You: Because everything on the Internet is true


I gave up arguing a long time ago, especially about stupid points like the demon thing. One guy I knew once thought baseball was too easy because all you had to do was "hit a ball with a stick". Regretably I argued with him (back in my arguing days) and it got me nowhere but a headache.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
learn how to communicate. if you feel you should state an opinion to correct what they said is stupid, then go ahead. replying back with aloofness or no opinion is a sign of low confidence.
 

Reiki

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Location
NL
anyone got any more tips?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Beethoven

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Buy 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' by Dale Carnegie. It's a great book, and it tells you how to get people round to your way of thinking without arguing. And it helps you understand the other guy better, so maybe you'll even find out you're wrong yourself!

Although, with friends, some friendly 'heated discussion' can be good, keep the 'discussion' part high and the 'heated' part low.
 

A.J. Stanson

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Milledgeville, GA
Like Beethoven said, always discuss, never argue. There's no need to even get heated. Getting heated implies that you're trying to prove that you're right and they're wrong. Real DJ's have nothing to prove.
 
Top