Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are you guys actually worried about the coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like the NYSE just halted trading again due to mass selling. I tried to execute some orders but was halted....

.....sh1t's about to get real....

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People need to stop downplaying this shvt. The draconian measures to close down entire cities, states, and countries is to flatten the exponential growth curve. Our health care system has limited capacity.
Here's how this will REALLY play out, as government ideas tend to do. (law of unintended consequences).

Governments do their best to tell people to stay inside, avoid public gatherings, close schools, etc.

As you said, the intention is to flatten the curve.

In response, people freak out and stock up on as much stuff as they can.

Last week, for example, plenty of Costco's were PACKED.

People prepare for self isolation, and in doing so, create insanely packed social environments.

This serves to compress, rather than flatten, the curve.

If the hospitalization ever DOES go beyond capacity, that's when people give up hope.

Even if it doesn't the long term damage to the economy will be CATASTROPHIC.

More than half of the population don't have $500 to their name, as they live paycheck to paycheck.

A couple weeks (likely longer) without a paycheck and the problems start to pile up.

Anybody's whose main source of income is the service industry (hotel, restaurant wait staff, strippers, bartending, etc. is going to get KILLED.

A MASSIVE drop in GDP and a subsequent MASSIVE recession is already baked into the cake.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how this will REALLY play out, as government ideas tend to do. (law of unintended consequences).

Governments do their best to tell people to stay inside, avoid public gatherings, close schools, etc.

People prepare for self isolation, and in doing so, create insanely packed social environments.

If the hospitalization ever DOES go beyond capacity, that's when people give up hope.

More than half of the population don't have $500 to their name, as they live paycheck to paycheck.

A couple weeks (likely longer) without a paycheck and the problems start to pile up.

Anybody's whose main source of income is the service industry (hotel, restaurant wait staff, strippers, bartending, etc. is going to get KILLED.

A MASSIVE drop in GDP and a subsequent MASSIVE recession is already baked into the cake.
Nice doomsday prediction. The government is heeding the advice of epidemiologists. Enlighten us as to what you think the correct course of action is.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You offered criticism,
Actually I responded with two questions.

My initial post was offered to help more deeply understand our current state of affairs.

Everybody's different, so the solutions will be different for everybody.

From the top down, there is no solution that can avoid death, significant decrease in GDP, and a significant economic event.

Something I didn't mention in my original post, was the expected and massive supply chain disruptions.

Particularly difficult is that most of the drugs that the soon to be maxed out hospitals need come from China.

Supply chain disruptions aren't fixed overnight. They take plenty of time.

As far as the government, they are doing what they think is best.

But it won't stop the coming pain any more than chemotherapy can stop terminal cancer. It can only ease the pain (hopefully) and potentially delay the inevitable.

The only "solution" I would recommend is to take some time to understand the totality of this situation as best as one can, and respond accordingly based on your own situation.

The WORST thing one could do is sit back and figure the government has it all figured out, since they have experts telling them what to do.

Regardless of what the government does, there will be a lot of economic pain coming.

Our economic/monetary system has been getting long in the tooth, and even before this crisis hit most "experts" didn't think it could limp along much further.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If I owned a restaurant, I'd say FVCK YOU and I'm staying Open!! What are you gonna do, governor?? I'd be totally belligerent and defiant saying FVCK----YOU and sure there'd be "tattle-tell" Americans driving by and complaining to the government making calls saying "This restaurant is still Open! Shut it down!" and when they'd come to shut it down, they'd have to ARREST me then I'd sue them.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you truly study medicine, you realize there are very few actual cures that ever came out of the medical sciences.
Well win that the truth.

And when they actually do discover a cure, they hide it from the public and don’t teach doctors about it in medical school.
I suspect that I actually got it, so I just sitting at home doing nothing special

Gym is not a problem I have all the necessary equipment at home

Some alchohol, good music may come handy

Reading sosuave posts half year ago is funny, every body is banned
Many of those dudes are dudes who wanted to be banned, too, btw. As in, “I want to leave this website for god and not be tempted to come back—permaban me” lol

Just adding to already stressful times.

The sad thing is that credit card companies and banks are gonna make hella money after when all things are said and done and everything goes away. People are gonna be behind on their bills and cause interest to pile up, and now they’re forever in debt. I know that in Illinois at least, they’re considering postponing all mortgages, car payments, and I believe utilities too. Not sure about taxes though, I think property tax is still something that you’ll have to pay no matter what lol cuz the IRS don’t play.
What makes you think there is one?
That’s a strawman, but correct.

You offered criticism, I’m asking what you suggest for solutions
I can suggest one:

Fix the economic system such that monetary gain isn’t the primary incentive for doing things. Use force if needed, death penalty and public executions in full effect to know that this is now serious. Medical schools for example—it should be a technical school where you learn explicitly what you have to know to be a doctor, and that’s it. Currently, doctors are forced to learn about things that are useless to them in the medical field, things like the Krebs Cycle have absolutely no merit in medicine and does not do anything for doctors. In doing so, we would only need about 2 years of schooling, maybe 1.5 years even, for someone to become a medical doctor. Currently, it requires a minimum of 8 years tho.

Pharmaceutical companies should focus on the cure, not on any treatment. There should be competition to undercut each other for cures by studying antibodies and antigens, along with the synthesis of these things. No medication should cost more than 40% of the cost to make before expenses, unless manufactured in the US, in which case it’d be 40% AFTER expenses; if a company wishes to purchase a service/good from a company outside the US, that company would have to allow itself to be investigated too in order to work with our US pharmaceuticals. This would prevent the offshoring of jobs and assets to overseas.

Big Tech should be broken up such that there is no bias in the system to be for or against anything. Cookies shouldn’t exist. The selling of personal and individual information should be banned.

The media should be held accountable for lies, misrepresentations, misquotations, exaggerations, improper paraphrasings, news distortions, and selective omissions. Again, death penalty and public executions in full effect.

The same goes for published scientific research/studies. So much data is bull****. Should be investigated by some religious Mormon who is afraid of telling lies or something lol.

etc. etc. etc...

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I owned a restaurant, I'd say FVCK YOU and I'm staying Open!! What are you gonna do, governor?? I'd be totally belligerent and defiant saying FVCK----YOU and sure there'd be "tattle-tell" Americans driving by and complaining to the government making calls saying "This restaurant is still Open! Shut it down!" and when they'd come to shut it down, they'd have to ARREST me then I'd sue them.
They have the jurisdiction to close things down under national/state emrgencies like that. The National Guard can shoot you for it if they feel threatened by any resistance to arrest. So good luck. The best you can do is threaten to cough on them, but they might end up trying you in a military court for obtaining a Chinese bioweapon and using it on a member of the armed forces. Or something like that anyway lol

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It's getting ridiculous here. People are coming into the ER for minor things that do not even correlate to COVID-19. HC is pretty stressed, but we can still handle it. There is a whisper that US Army medical units are on stand-by for build-up in case of worst case scenario. People need to stay home and just relax. Common sense here.. A person who is not infected then goes to the ER for a paper-cut and sits near people who are infected will become infected.

Stay home, watch Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, have sex. Stay out of the hospital for non-essential reasons. I promise, this too will pass. We will, though, have a new President next Jan. 20th. The US Government did a horrible job in the initial response. People, it's going to get worse before it gets better just because of weak people and their fears. Have some cash (couple grand) in hand just in case.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have the jurisdiction to close things down under national/state emrgencies like that. The National Guard can shoot you for it if they feel threatened by any resistance to arrest. So good luck. The best you can do is threaten to cough on them, but they might end up trying you in a military court for obtaining a Chinese bioweapon and using it on a member of the armed forces. Or something like that anyway lol
They can try all that but I'll set a precedent the remaining days of my life in one way or another IF I owned a restaurant. OUR Government can NOT just shut down a business or several businesses on a whim. Who do these people think they ARE???! We stopped asking that question pre-WWII generation. DICTA - Don't Interfere Call The Authorities rules our world today. It's the Mommy Professor state, the Nanny State. I ain't havin none of it even if I have to Die.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have some cash (couple grand) in hand just in case.
did that yesterday, one ATM was out of cash, two different banks withdrew the max, already had the max at home, I feel better now, but I'm stocked up on Real assets at home as well 10s of thousands of rounds, been preparing for 10 years - it's like a foundation you build your BASE level investments first which are enough food, water, and ammo, and currency beyond dollars I'd even say Russian rubles would be ideal, or Swiss francs in your hand. These people ruling us are Not to be trusted, never ever EVER.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did that yesterday, one ATM was out of cash, two different banks withdrew the max, already had the max at home, I feel better now, but I'm stocked up on Real assets at home as well 10s of thousands of rounds, been preparing for 10 years - it's like a foundation you build your BASE level investments first which are enough food, water, and ammo, and currency beyond dollars I'd even say Russian rubles would be ideal, or Swiss francs in your hand. These people ruling us are Not to be trusted, never ever EVER.
What do you mean 10s of thousands of rounds?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are shutting down all but supermarkets, medical facilities, fuel, and take out effective at 8 pm tonight. It is upon us. Sneaking my last workout session in!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are shutting down all but supermarkets, medical facilities, fuel, and take out effective at 8 pm tonight. It is upon us. Sneaking my last workout session in!
Seattle hospital just ran out of ventilators. They are having to choose between babies and covid 19 patients as to who gets the ventilator.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cook County in Illinois is closing all restaurants outside of drive thrus, and I think some other places are closing down too. I personally don’t really give a **** lol cuz I live in DuPage county. The only problem is that my gym and super market is right across the street on the Cook County side. I’m really hoping they don’t but we’ll see.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cook County in Illinois is closing all restaurants outside of drive thrus, and I think some other places are closing down too. I personally don’t really give a **** lol cuz I live in DuPage county. The only problem is that my gym and super market is right across the street on the Cook County side. I’m really hoping they don’t but we’ll see.
They will. This will be nationwide. It is inevitable.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The discount grocery store I just went to 20 minutes ago is packed on a work day, had to park on the street, shoulder to shoulder in the isles a lot of younger people, asians, and mexicans. The water I'd seen there 2 days ago was completely gone. All I bought were these energy bars at a fourth of the price, some starbucks grilled-cheese sandwiches, and highend water, didn't think it'd be that packed or I wouldn't have went. Wal-mart was closeby didn't even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.