Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are women even still open to meeting men the old-fashioned way anymore?

Reaction score
Was talking to my friend about online dating and the swipe apps (Bumble, Hinge, Tinder, etc.) and how they are frustrating. He lives in a major city, gets a decent amount of dates and is even frustrated with it.

I said "I would still rather meet a woman in person the old-fashioned way" and he said "Yeah, who knows if women are even still open to that idea" or something like that.

I wonder if there is some truth to that. Women (and men) are so reliant on technology and their own social media bubble that who knows if they are even open to meeting a man the old-fashioned way anymore (e.g. bars, volunteer event, social events, group hikes, gym, etc.) I notice it when I am out and about. Women are too busy looking at their phones, are in their own little worlds and seem to even avoid making eye contact with random attractive men.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is hard for attractive men in real life, but remember, even women have gotten fed up with online dating. I have had more reception with women in real life. And because they are socially inept and the men around them are, too, they tend to be easy pickings. Just be aware that if you do not feed their ego like online does, they may get bored and head off. So you gotta have good spit game, too.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is hard for attractive men in real life, but remember, even women have gotten fed up with online dating. I have had more reception with women in real life. And because they are socially inept and the men around them are, too, they tend to be easy pickings. Just be aware that if you do not feed their ego like online does, they may get bored and head off. So you gotta have good spit game, too.
Women got fed up with the dating culture they created :lol:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be aware that if you do not feed their ego like online does, they may get bored and head off. So you gotta have good spit game, too.
How do you go about this without over doing it and ending up in simp territory?

M

member160292

Yup, COVID has made a lot of people socially awkward. I’m not the best looker, but once I get a chick talking, they will do so expecting a date. The hot, HOT chicks will come out in due time :)

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is hard for attractive men in real life, but remember, even women have gotten fed up with online dating
I'll be honest, I am not a fan of this poster, but she is right. Women are being completely bombarded with low smv men on the apps.

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omg, how many topics do we need about this? Complaining and whining about the Apps isn't going to solve shvt. There are plenty of men meeting women through old-fashioned way, so it's not gone.
The OP probably in NYC or LA which OLD is better there I hear. Otherwise as most post on here OLD is full of landwhales, tatted women, overall not a lot of hot women. I don't see a lot of hot women on OLD but out in the real world I see a ton more than on OLD.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they are still open to meeting men the old fashioned way. I've had better results in meeting women the old fashioned way vs the online way. Its never been like that for me.
I've been out of the game for a few years but it's different than before.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The OP probably in NYC or LA which OLD is better there I hear. Otherwise as most post on here OLD is full of landwhales, tatted women, overall not a lot of hot women. I don't see a lot of hot women on OLD but out in the real world I see a ton more than on OLD.
I'd say NYC and LA are better for cold approach too

We_ArE_VeNOM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was talking to my friend about online dating and the swipe apps (Bumble, Hinge, Tinder, etc.) and how they are frustrating. He lives in a major city, gets a decent amount of dates and is even frustrated with it.

I said "I would still rather meet a woman in person the old-fashioned way" and he said "Yeah, who knows if women are even still open to that idea" or something like that.

I wonder if there is some truth to that. Women (and men) are so reliant on technology and their own social media bubble that who knows if they are even open to meeting a man the old-fashioned way anymore (e.g. bars, volunteer event, social events, group hikes, gym, etc.) I notice it when I am out and about. Women are too busy looking at their phones, are in their own little worlds and seem to even avoid making eye contact with random attractive men.
So basically, you (and guys who think like you) are afraid to cold approach (CA) women, so you make threads like this in an attempt to downplay it.

Newsflash: if a woman is attracted to you, it doesn't matter if you CA her, or use OLD to engage her.

The method doesn't matter, but the attraction does.

End of story.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine being a court and the lawyer asks you “what did he say” and you respond ”he said xyz or something like that.”

Your story kind of collapsed there. Lol.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say NYC and LA are better for cold approach too
Here in NYC the major OLD apps are full of hot women like Tinder and Bumble but good luck getting any matches.

OKCupid is in the middle

The minor apps like Facebook dating and Hinge are full of women that would embarrass you to be seen with in public, however you'll get some matches.

It's best to meet women anywhere you interact with women in real life. I meet 90% of women through working customer facing jobs in high volume areas plus being friendly with my coworkers. The remaining 10% are from going clubbing on holidays.

DonBud94

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes my guy they are still open to the “old fashion way” if social media shut down today we would have no choice in the matter but approach and meet like it’s been done since the beginning of time

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in NYC the major OLD apps are full of hot women like Tinder and Bumble but good luck getting any matches.

OKCupid is in the middle

The minor apps like Facebook dating and Hinge are full of women that would embarrass you to be seen with in public, however you'll get some matches.

It's best to meet women anywhere you interact with women in real life. I meet 90% of women through working customer facing jobs in high volume areas plus being friendly with my coworkers. The remaining 10% are from going clubbing on holidays.
Why does nyc have such women on old compared to most other parts of the country where a lot of them you wouldn't want to be seen with?

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is quite funny how it flipped

I remember when online dating was thought of as weird! People were embarrassed to be using it or telling people they met a girl from plentyoffish etc. It was thought of as a way for semi-undateable people to meet up!

And now it's the other way around! It's the standard. Every hot young girl grew up with social media and online dating. I personally cold approach all the time and would never advise to not do it, but I must admit that you certainly do get a lot of reactions where you can tell she thinks just the fact you're talking to her makes her think you're a bit odd lol. I even have good looking friends who get fairly 'bad' reactions simply because the young girl is so surprised/anxious/shocked/thinks you must be weird for talking too a stranger

If you read the FR's on seddit from some of the Euro guys (Brits mainly) you see lots of FR's where he opens and the girl is like 'Errr...I don't talk to randoms. Bye' and this is in a social environment like a bar! But she doesn't think it's weird for a 'random' to swipe and message her on tinder haha

It'll probably 'flip back' one day. Almost certainly, in fact

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting dates in a major city is not an accomplishment. It is likely that most of those dates are "one date, no sex, no second date". "One date, no sex, no second date" is the typical outcome for most swipe app arranged meetings.

You have a good observation here. I observe the same thing when women are out in public. In parks and on walking/hiking paths, women tend be using earbuds, avoiding eye contact, and sometimes having RBF (Resting Biatch Face). It's likely that some of those women wearing earbuds and avoiding eye contact have boyfriends/husbands and aren't seeking new penis. I tend to spend time in areas of my city with a higher concentration of unmarried people and I see this. It must be pointed out that unmarried doesn't mean uncoupled so many of the unmarrieds I see likely have boyfriends. The uncertainty surrounding this is rather annoying. I'm sure there are even some unattached women with bad boy language and earbuds.

There have been changes at the gym too, when I consider the general gym floor. I was in college between 2001-2005. In 2003, only the most attractive women (maybe the top 10-15% wore earbuds/headphones with their new iPods/MP3 players at the time). By 2010-2011, about 85-90% of women were wearing earbuds/headphones at the gym and that percentage has stayed constant in my experience since then. The workaround for the earbud/headphone problem at the gym is going to fitness classes. Even fitness classes, despite great ratios, aren't very productive either. A lot of women will start playing on the phones quickly after fitness class ends. Women aren't very sociable in general before or after fitness classes. I have gotten numbers and arranged dates at fitness classes, so it's not impossible. It has a greater degree of difficulty than one would think given the ratios.

The bar scene has always been challenging for a variety of reasons. Those reasons can be found on other threads.

Hobby groups/co-ed sports leagues are challenging. Mostly every guy in a co-ed sports league is a guy trying to get his penis wet there because he read online/in some publication that co-ed sports leagues are a great alternative to bar cold approaching and the swipe apps.

It is quite funny how it flipped

I remember when online dating was thought of as weird! People were embarrassed to be using it or telling people they met a girl from plentyoffish etc. It was thought of as a way for semi-undateable people to meet up!
I remember that time too!

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newsflash: if a woman is attracted to you, it doesn't matter if you CA her, or use OLD to engage her.

The method doesn't matter, but the attraction does.
I would argue that the method does matter. Most men do not have good photography pictures or model-like pics so women consider them low quality simply by their picture. Meanwhile in real life, women have more of their senses engaged including the anxiety of actually having to encounter someone beyond their phone. This activates many of their biological senses which is a plus for men. Women feeling anything is always good. Even for ugly guys.