Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are Structured Singles Events a Waste of Time?

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean by "dances"? High schools have dances, including Prom and Homecoming, but after high school graduation, "dances" are a foreign concept.

I have seen night venues that are centered around dancing. For instance, in my area, I can name venues that serve alcohol and are centered around salsa dancing or country western dancing. Also, there are nightclubs with dance floors with EDM and Top 40, but I haven't heard much of those types of venues. They seem to be disappearing. None of those venues I would call "dances".
They have Mexican dance events where a live band will play and the whole idea is you go there to maybe meet someone. And yeah its kind of like a high school dance but for young adults (age 18-35)

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman goes to a “structured singles event”, it’s akin to online dating for her, the logical part of her brain kicks in and she wants James Bonde
Jesus you guys are traumatized by us James Bond look a likes

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have Mexican dance events where a live band will play and the whole idea is you go there to maybe meet someone. And yeah its kind of like a high school dance but for young adults (age 18-35)
That sounds like a slightly more structured version of going out to a nightlife venue in either the Southwestern US or Florida (areas with big Hispanic populations) and them playing salsa, bachata, etc.

I have gone to night venues where there was a band and salsa music/salsa dancing. That was unstructured, as people in couples come out there and salsa dance. Salsa dancing night venues are a thing for pickup.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread right now because of Valentine's Day. Around Valentine's Day, there are a number of singles events/singles mixers that pop up. I've seen some singles events/singles mixers being promoted in my social media feeds.

Perhaps some new people can add wisdom and value to this thread or previous participants can add new insights.

I have had some lousy experiences at them. I don't think they draw an audience of desirable singles.

Which is a better choice in an evening this week....

1. Going to a bar for a pre-Valentine's Day singles mixer event?

or

2. Going to a bar with no special event, just an ordinary night out in the days preceding Valentine's Day?

I realize the word 'better' is subjective. Evaluate options on likelihood of making some sort of meaningful connection with a cute-hot woman (6+ range).

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) on valentines, all my friends with couples go out with each other. Sucks that when your friends get a gf or bf, they suddenly only want to go out with other couples. They seldomly invite singles unless it's a best friend.

2) Valentines to me is just as important as Christmas and others: not important at all. Now there will likely be an uptick of women who want to get a man on valentines, but it's more of a fantasy than reality I imagine. I never saw much change in the social standards during valentines day. And most women would likely find someone on social media or a dating app before going out so they wont suffer the embarrassment of being alone on that day. Alternatively, women will group up even more to protect each other from the fact that they have no one to go out with. So if any guy is thinking puss will be easy during this day, they got it wrong.

3) There are ways to make good out of this day but you have to be creative and still have game regardless. Valentine's is no different from any other day. An expert would probably find this day easier than any normal day cause women's emotions are heightened, even if they are out with a bf.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a man could get good at Country Western dancing and lived in the right area, he could do well with White women. I am White so that would make sense for me for White women. The problem is that I am not awesome at Country Western dancing. Re-creating Urban Cowboy could work. I have a solid Country Western dancing spot in my Texas city.

Thanks Yellowstone.....

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) on valentines, all my friends with couples go out with each other. Sucks that when your friends get a gf or bf, they suddenly only want to go out with other couples. They seldomly invite singles unless it's a best friend.
This is true. Unattached and marginally attached men don't interact well with established couples, especially married couples.

2) Valentines to me is just as important as Christmas and others: not important at all. Now there will likely be an uptick of women who want to get a man on valentines, but it's more of a fantasy than reality I imagine. I never saw much change in the social standards during valentines day. And most women would likely find someone on social media or a dating app before going out so they wont suffer the embarrassment of being alone on that day. Alternatively, women will group up even more to protect each other from the fact that they have no one to go out with. So if any guy is thinking puss will be easy during this day, they got it wrong.
Roosh echoed similar sentiments about going out on Valentine's Day to attract & seduce women.

Valentine’s Day
Common Sense: Single girls feel especially lonely, so they’ll want to fucck any guy that gives them a little attention.
The Reality: She’s fantasizing about love, not sex.

Also, Valentine's Day is the end of cuffing season. A lot of women get boyfriends in late October/early November so that they aren't alone through the winter holidays. While some women will drop a cuffing season boyfriend in early January, the more common tactic is to keep the cuffing season boyfriend until just after Valentine's Day.

3) There are ways to make good out of this day but you have to be creative and still have game regardless. Valentine's is no different from any other day. An expert would probably find this day easier than any normal day cause women's emotions are heightened, even if they are out with a bf.
1. Going to a bar for a pre-Valentine's Day singles mixer event?

or

2. Going to a bar with no special event, just an ordinary night out in the days preceding Valentine's Day?
Near or on Valentine's Day, I think Option 2 is a better choice than Option 1. What do you think?