Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are gyms really worth it?

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
With calisthenics and everything we can do outdoors, things like jump ropes and a few simple hand weights, jogging, pull up bars, jungle gyms
some hand stands

are gyms sort of a scam?
Some gyms want $180 per month

i like the social aspect for yoga or zumba with girls
And i like other aspects of the gym

But didn’t other olympiads of the old days get super fit without gyms?

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With calisthenics and everything we can do outdoors, things like jump ropes and a few simple hand weights, jogging, pull up bars, jungle gyms
some hand stands

are gyms sort of a scam?
Some gyms want $180 per month

i like the social aspect for yoga or zumba with girls
And i like other aspects of the gym

But didn’t other olympiads of the old days get super fit without gyms?
Gym may be good to get into the habit of working out and get inspiration but it is much better to work out at home. First you can concentrate on yourself and not getting distracted by mass monsters and women. You can train more healthy and sustainable without getting into the crazy ego mode.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on it. For my membership I pay 20 bucks a month. A benchpress without any weights will cost you 120 bucks. Thats six months worth of membership for just one ,or even half a thing.

On the other hand ,logically after x amount of time you will save money. And i bet its possible to work out all your muscles witjout the most fancy machinery.

But, the gym is also a social place. Not only can you get free first hand experience advice, you also (OFCOURSE) mingle with the hot ladies that care about their bodies like you do. If a woman likes you and you are a regular/gym addict, you plant a seed. which can grow outside of the gym , at a party where she also for example. Or nust the grocery store, it gives you something to break the ice.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no gyms aren't a scam, you're paying for the use of a ton of equipment and instructors that you couldn't otherwise afford and probably don't have the space to put it in anyway.

If someone is dumb enough to be scammed out of $180 a month when you can get the same for $40 then that's on them.

There are plenty of guys who work out with publicly available equipment, but it's of inferior quality and comfort to what you can get in the gym

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just find one gym close to your home and its cheap, normally the small timers have a better price and are smaller too, another reason is getting a certain plan, I pay anually on mine for 2 reasons, first is cheaper then paying monthly, sencond is since i'm already paid I force myself to go, they also have someone to look around so normally you can ask then for some points, show and fix what youa re doing and if you are doing anything wrong.

saying you get distracted or any other excuse is more a you problem, since I don't have problem with getting "distracted" you shouldn't care about others or what they are doing

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I toured a bunch of gyms in my area and the one that costed the least had the most young women in it.

The $180 per month places were all muscle heads.

I was also told that a lot of pro athletes mostly do Calisthenics and no weights. They will do tons of calisthenics and have professional trainers guiding them.

Am I totally wrong about this?

As an example how can a pro baseball player become so huge with muscles by just calisthenics and not lifting weights? Steroids?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the Y it's only about $40 but I am getting a discount, I think it's normally 2x that.

I justify it because it has sauna, steam room, pools, hot tubs, tennis courts, and tons of equipment.

M

member160292

Since I travel for work twice a month, I gave in and got a second membership to Planet Fitness due to the vast locations. Holy crap they have 4 smith machines the entire gym for the purpose of squats, bench, deadlifts. It was the most depressing sh!t I’ve seen.
Yes, I’m keeping the membership because ANY gym is worth it

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Gyms are full of dudes that are cranked up and shredded on steroids and testosterone boosters. Talk about a massive cheatsheet (taking testosterone, man). Who knows what else they are juiced up on but the girls seem to have little control around guys on testosterone boosters.

I am have normie body, all natural. I have a semi dad bod if I was being honest.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're looking to lose weight very overrated. All you need for that is a good pair of walking shoes and just walk as much as you can.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're looking to lose weight very overrated. All you need for that is a good pair of walking shoes and just walk as much as you can.
Diet is like 75% of it the rest is exercise. Walking is definitely more than enough.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to get fit, strong, fast, big?

Then why count pennies. Most gyms these days are like £20 a month. Not even the price of a daily cup of coffee.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Since I travel for work twice a month, I gave in and got a second membership to Planet Fitness due to the vast locations. Holy crap they have 4 smith machines the entire gym for the purpose of squats, bench, deadlifts. It was the most depressing sh!t I’ve seen.
Yes, I’m keeping the membership because ANY gym is worth it
You shouldn't be using a Smith machine anyways for those exercises...unless you seriously want to injure yourself

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Gyms are full of dudes that are cranked up and shredded on steroids and testosterone boosters. Talk about a massive cheatsheet (taking testosterone, man). Who knows what else they are juiced up on but the girls seem to have little control around guys on testosterone boosters.

I am have normie body, all natural. I have a semi dad bod if I was being honest.
Testosterone boosters are garbage and don't work to any significant degree. If you are going to pay that kinda money, spend it on actual stuff that works. Steroids are cheaper than testosterone boosters...

Just another magic marketing trick to get you thinking you are taking something that is going to make a difference...

Imagine that.

Most guys don't push themselves hard enough. They want a T boost? Do that.

M

member160292

You shouldn't be using a Smith machine anyways for those exercises...unless you seriously want to injure yourself
The dumbbells only go up to 60 lbs lol
I can get creative with legs, but not really an alternative for bench press