Approaching at the mall

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
what would be a good ice breaker for approaching girls at the mall. not girls in stores, but while they're walking around, going in the opposite direction. i've had many chances, but i've wimped out cuz i'm not sure what to say. all i have problems with is the initial conversation opener. any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick D

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump into em, just smile, wink lol, I dunno, try to get their attention, and carry it on.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say hi and start a fuking convo about anything that is positive. It's easy.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh here is a good one. "You dropped your smile." And point at the ground in many different and hilarious ways. It's easier to go for the lone wolves and get into seclusion, like an emptyish private store.

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahahah alright then, that's convinced me. hmm i might have to try the "you dropped your smile" line. i'm curious to see if it works. thanks

Dirty D

Don Juan
Reaction score
Observer, I think I have a couple of good tips for you from my own "mall mackin'" days (hey, blame my friend Patrick for that weird name okay :p )..

#1: Excuse me miss...
The easiest opener and you could use it anywhere, it's acting like you're the new guy in town: "excuse me, do you know where I can find..." this or that type of store that you really know is around there somewhere but which will take her some effort to point out to you.

Then it's easy to go into: wow you know your way well around here, are you like a tour guide or something? her: no, me: well you should be, where do I sign up for your tour honey? I'm Dennis btw, what's your name? Nice to meet me. So you know what? You give the poor old new guy a tour of the mall and I'll buy you a (coffee/tea/coke/whatever she likes), come on! it'll be fun..let's go and I would offer her my arm. Just an example of how you could play it out.

#2: Catering to the girl in her...
What do almost ALL women (and especially girls) love? Fashion, shopping..and you could use that stuff to your advantage (if you've got some guts). Example:

Wow I like that (blablabla she's wearing), then you describe the color and whatever a bit (be detailed, that's all that matters) and then ask: where did you buy it? (let her tell you and say) seriously? Well, I need the help of a fashion queen for this on: my niece is a very picky girl and it's almost her birthday, she only wants clothes! So it would be great if a fashion queen would help me pick some, come on! it'll be fun..let's go shopping. When you're in the store, you off course let HER try everything on, accompany her to the dressing room and all of that and then it's your choice - tease her with whatever she tries on, talk meanwhile and get the contact info, or buy her something inexpensive she tried on and ahve an instant date.

Worked wonders for me :yes: does that help you a bit my man?

theobserver

Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
oh man that sounds cheesey as hell but go ahead and try it lol and post results please I'm interested.
haha yeah i know, which is why i wanna try it, i really got nothing to lose, i'll never see her again anyway.

Dirty D said:
Observer, I think I have a couple of good tips for you from my own "mall mackin'" days (hey, blame my friend Patrick for that weird name okay :p )..

The easiest opener and you could use it anywhere, it's acting like you're the new guy in town: "excuse me, do you know where I can find..." this or that type of store that you really know is around there somewhere but which will take her some effort to point out to you.

Then it's easy to go into: wow you know your way well around here, are you like a tour guide or something? her: no, me: well you should be, where do I sign up for your tour honey? I'm Dennis btw, what's your name? Nice to meet me. So you know what? You give the poor old new guy a tour of the mall and I'll buy you a (coffee/tea/coke/whatever she likes), come on! it'll be fun..let's go and I would offer her my arm. Just an example of how you could play it out.

What do almost ALL women (and especially girls) love? Fashion, shopping..and you could use that stuff to your advantage (if you've got some guts). Example:

Wow I like that (blablabla she's wearing), then you describe the color and whatever a bit (be detailed, that's all that matters) and then ask: where did you buy it? (let her tell you and say) seriously? Well, I need the help of a fashion queen for this on: my niece is a very picky girl and it's almost her birthday, she only wants clothes! So it would be great if a fashion queen would help me pick some, come on! it'll be fun..let's go shopping. When you're in the store, you off course let HER try everything on, accompany her to the dressing room and all of that and then it's your choice - tease her with whatever she tries on, talk meanwhile and get the contact info, or buy her something inexpensive she tried on and ahve an instant date.

yeah that does, thanks dirty d, lol wierd, my name's patrick.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dirty D said:

Hahahahah is it me or am I the only one that got that?

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't remember who first introduced me to this, but I love this one:

just say something like "Oh my god! I havent seen you in forever! how was your summer?" Most people think it would be rude to say "Who are you?". So they go along with it. Eventually, if they ask "Do I know you?" just say no and continue the conversation.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
Hahahahah is it me or am I the only one that got that?
What? The bobbing head at the bottom and the smiling face at the top slightly leaned right?

Following_of_Me

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask a girl to dress you is an easy one, best in preppy stores like American Eagle or Hollister or Aeropostale.

Go to the mall with a bunch of friends, by the way. Hitting on girls when you're in a group is less creepy than hanging around the mall alone hitting on girls.

And one advantage of a mall is you will often pass the same people many times if you spend enough time there. Just do something to make them remember you, and its likely they will continue to come to you again when they see you. It only takes one short convo, and then build off it.

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
What the heck is a dikfore?

And more ideas from you guys as well ;p

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha this is a great thread. i especially like the oh my god i havent seen you in forever one, definitely gonna have to try that.

so heres my two cents:
if she is close by then just ask an opinion, like 'do you think this looks good on me?' or something like that.

also one time i 'purposely' ran into a wall sorta. lol. 'haha i meant to do that' ok so maybe it really was an accident. but it got her laughing and saying 'are you ok?' right away. and you can just build from there. you might also look like an idiot, so use at your own risk lol. but hey, its really not that hard to pull off, and at the least, if you do it right, you cant go wrong really.

that is, just as long as you dont mess up and make it look like you actually did it on purpose just to get her attention... or just an idiot who isnt competent enough to walk straight... then youll just look reallly stupid and desperate... i havent tried this on purpose yet haha.