Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anyone know anyone who had a D.U.I ?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive never had one but a first time offense here in miami,fl is very serious .Any experiences you want to share?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy that 2 DUIs within a week. :eek: :eek:

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a woman who got a D.U.I. while drunk and high on edibles in Santa Cruz, Ca. Her lawyer friend tried to paint the picture that the police were wrong and at fault. Zero accountability for her actions. She had to have a breathalyzer installed in her car for 6 months and only drive to/from work or to the grocery store. Had to pay huge fines but would not disclose the amount. The most effective punishment was that now she knows if she gets caught again she will lose her license. Also has to live with the shame of being a dumba$$ for not just sleeping it off before going home.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a man who wrecked his car while drunk, but no one else was involved. Fortunately he only had minor injuries. Things worked out in court to where the charges were dropped. He never drove again while drunk.

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Australia and have gone dui on 2 seperate occasions within one year. I represented myself on both occasions and had a perfect driving record. First was random breath test returning positive for cocaine - recieved a 1year non criminal conviction or section 10 and a fine.
8 months later I was pulled over randomly and found with 1g of cocaine in 8 seperate satties - long story short I recieved a fine and another section 10 ( very rare in court the judge said ) with 1 year of good behaviour and continued to keep my licensed and not loose any points

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm in Australia and have gone dui on 2 seperate occasions within one year. I represented myself on both occasions and had a perfect driving record. First was random breath test returning positive for cocaine - recieved a 1year non criminal conviction or section 10 and a fine.
8 months later I was pulled over randomly and found with 1g of cocaine in 8 seperate satties - long story short I recieved a fine and another section 10 ( very rare in court the judge said ) with 1 year of good behaviour and continued to keep my licensed and not loose any points
Lucky Australia is lenient...in the US you'd be in jail in many states, with some of them considering it a felony with serious punishments(ie 5+ years in jail)

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2nd time when the judge said I breached my good behaviour. He said maximum was 3 years for what I did because the court looks at both charges.
The judge said in his closing words. In his 20 years of justice. He has only heard of a small handful of people recieving a 2nd section 10

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my coworkers had his license permanently revoked after 4 DUI's. He's stuck taking public transport for the rest of his life. My advice is to just take an Uber or lyft if you plan on drinking.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me .

Crashed my car and lost my license.

I have to be sober for a year ,
( they test 6x unannounced within 12 months ) before I can apply for a new license.

Costs me about 22.000 Euros
( 16.000 car , 4.000 Charges and 2.000 for the tests and paperwork )

Was a helluva ride home

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost when I was young and stupid. Fortunately, I was less than a mile from my house and the cop let me go. I never drove after having more than 2 (for the entire night) drinks ever again.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WA has the worst penalties for drunk driving I think.
  • max of $5k in fines
  • up to 364 days in jail.
  • 1-2 years license suspension if you blow above 0.15
  • 1 year ignition interlock, which you have to pay to have installed and removed (ten years interlock if it's a third offense)
  • Probation
  • Mandatory drug/alcohol assessments
  • Ankle bracelet
This is just for being caught driving while drunk.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seems like a free for all here in miami everyone has a story either they were hit by a guy or girl under the influence or the opposite

Gedmun

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first learning to drive from a instructer. Every lesson I done I made sure I was high as a kite. My theory was if I'm going to drive on drugs it's best to learn wist high.... ( This was 20 odd years ago ). To this day I still have a perfect driving record apart from the dui that will be off my record in about 5 years

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to deliver pizza for domino's while sh1tfaced drunk. My house was in the middle of town, and I would stop by home to do shots while out on deliveries. I ended up in a ditch once, but the cop who stopped by never thought to wonder if the pizza guy was hammered.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, but I've been lucky. I rarely drink nowadays but I used to quite often, I'm talking 1-2x a week, every week. Never had any issues, close calls, etc. Once was cruising around completely ****faced, drove past two cops (at slow speeds) and nothing happened.

The worst situation I was in is when I was taking my date home on a late weekend night, super loud exhaust, expired tabs, expired insurance, driving like ****, drove right past a cop and somehow nothing happened, after that I completely stopped drinking and driving though because that could have turned into the worst night of my life.

Not encouraging drunk driving at all, and I won't do it again, but some people can get away with it if they are able to recognize how impaired they are and compensate accordingly. I do think the laws are too strict, they're designed to discourage the true retards from doing it, all driving laws are based around the common denominator retards.

And the whole discussion about driving impaired is more nuanced. How many middle aged women driving around on Xanax/Ambien/Painkillers etc? Or people driving sleep deprived? Sleep deprivation probably kills far more than drunk drivers. Lastly, I'd wager a skilled male driver still drives better after a few drinks than a "typical" woman driver is when sober. Many people shouldn't have a license in the first place. If you can't even parallel park, you shouldn't have a license.

Btw I'd make the case that very small amounts of pot/mushrooms etc, used at the right time, can actually improve driving ability, but microdosing psychedelics is another subject altogether.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a victim of a 4 time repeat dui offender with no license and no insurance. The guy was traveling the wrong way down the freeway and took out another car. The wheel from that car got knocked off and **** under the car I was in(girl I was dating was driving). Wiped out the front end and radiator, ended up in the wall.
After that wreck, I call in every drunk I see on the road. I will follow them until the cops are on their tail, and it usually doesn't take very long.

I'm On the road a lot at night on weekends and drunk driving is very common.

A friend of mine has two dui's a few years ago. Spent a lot of money, was on probation.

He was real good about not drinking and driving for a while but now back to his old ways. His girlfriend recently found him passed out in his car on the side of the road.

If you can't keep it in your lane you don't need to be driving.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a victim of a 4 time repeat dui offender with no license and no insurance. The guy was traveling the wrong way down the freeway and took out another car. The wheel from that car got knocked off and **** under the car I was in(girl I was dating was driving). Wiped out the front end and radiator, ended up in the wall.
After that wreck, I call in every drunk I see on the road. I will follow them until the cops are on their tail, and it usually doesn't take very long.

I'm On the road a lot at night on weekends and drunk driving is very common.

A friend of mine has two dui's a few years ago. Spent a lot of money, was on probation.

He was real good about not drinking and driving for a while but now back to his old ways. His girlfriend recently found him passed out in his car on the side of the road.

If you can't keep it in your lane you don't need to be driving.
What do you think of the fact that some people are repeat DUI offenders vs and others drink and drive every weekend for 20 years without any issues? Would you argue drinking and driving isn't an issue for everyone (within reason) or do you think it's ALWAYS a bad idea?

The biggest problem I have is that most people think of drinking and driving and how it effects *them*, but don't seem to consider how it may ruinsomeone else's life, not just their own.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think of the fact that some people are repeat DUI offenders vs and others drink and drive every weekend for 20 years without any issues? Would you argue drinking and driving isn't an issue for everyone (within reason) or do you think it's ALWAYS a bad idea?

The biggest problem I have is that most people think of drinking and driving and how it effects *them*, but don't seem to consider how it may ruinsomeone else's life, not just their own.
I'm fine with impaired driving as long as you aren't a danger to others. Driving impaired is probably less dangerous than texting while driving! If an aware observer can't detect any issues with your drunk driving then I don't see a problem.

I imagine there are some impaired drivers that don't even realize they can't keep their vehicle in their lane. Everyone's awareness is different.