"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Anyone here in a long-distance relationship?

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
I'm not talking about the kind where you were dating before she moved away. I'm refering to the kind where you met her and then found out she was from another town(i.e. 2hrs away) and progressed from there(i.e. talk on the phone, went for visits). Did it actually work out? Thanks.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Xeno

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
i had one. It lasted for awhile and it was great (when we were together) but i would advise against. As a matter of fact, ill never do it again. Too many trust issues, too much time apart. Im still reeling over the breakup with her. Save yourself the misery, youll be glad you did.
 

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Trust issues? For you or for her? I'm not looking for it to get too serious because there's plenty of girls in my city so I'm still dating. She's just a super cool girl so I figured, if I can have something with her, why not? Any more thoughts? Thanks.
 

Xeno

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
at first we both trusted eachother completely. then once we both started hanging out with different people, our trust in eachother began to waver. then it was only a matter of time before one of us became paranoid. unfortunately, it was me first.
 

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
How often were you able to see each other and how far away from you did she live?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Mack Action Hero

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
48
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by mecca411
I'm not talking about the kind where you were dating before she moved away. I'm refering to the kind where you met her and then found out she was from another town(i.e. 2hrs away) and progressed from there(i.e. talk on the phone, went for visits). Did it actually work out? Thanks.
Is there a difference in the relationship where you meet first and THEN she moves away? I think it would fall to the same problems, would it not?
 

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I guess they probably would, but in the case where she moves away there would probably be a more solid base established. I'm just wondering if it's even possible to get to that level when it begins from far away or if it just deteriorates much faster than in the first scenario.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
If you're going to ask us if LD relationships work or not, just simply ask.

Now here's your answer: Unless you're going to see her for one day every 2 weeks, no.
 

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Yeah, I can most likely see her more often than that. She's only about 1.5 hrs away. Guess it should work then.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Originally posted by mecca411
Yeah, I can most likely see her more often than that. She's only about 1.5 hrs away. Guess it should work then.
Would you be willing to drive more than an hour to meet up a FRIEND once every 2 weeks?

If not, you're being an AFC to her. Counter this by making her meet you halfway on at least 2/3rds of the dates you go with her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 23, 2003
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Was in one just like you described... met her here, found out she lived in MINNESOTA. ****ing sweet mother of jello that was a stressful 11 months of my life. Her wealthy ass parents flew her out here about once every 3 months for a week or two, but god dammit that was not worth it... at least I lost my virginity with that biotch, but all I can say is that LDRs cause mucho heartache and blue balls. Learn from my mistake. Not worth it, not worth it, not worth it.

Not worth it.

Really.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Unless you're sure she's LTR material (I'm talking, potentially the final girl), don't waste your time.
 
Top