Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here in a long-distance relationship?

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the kind where you were dating before she moved away. I'm refering to the kind where you met her and then found out she was from another town(i.e. 2hrs away) and progressed from there(i.e. talk on the phone, went for visits). Did it actually work out? Thanks.

Xeno

Don Juan
Reaction score
i had one. It lasted for awhile and it was great (when we were together) but i would advise against. As a matter of fact, ill never do it again. Too many trust issues, too much time apart. Im still reeling over the breakup with her. Save yourself the misery, youll be glad you did.

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust issues? For you or for her? I'm not looking for it to get too serious because there's plenty of girls in my city so I'm still dating. She's just a super cool girl so I figured, if I can have something with her, why not? Any more thoughts? Thanks.

Xeno

Don Juan
Reaction score
at first we both trusted eachother completely. then once we both started hanging out with different people, our trust in eachother began to waver. then it was only a matter of time before one of us became paranoid. unfortunately, it was me first.

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
How often were you able to see each other and how far away from you did she live?

Mack Action Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mecca411
I'm not talking about the kind where you were dating before she moved away. I'm refering to the kind where you met her and then found out she was from another town(i.e. 2hrs away) and progressed from there(i.e. talk on the phone, went for visits). Did it actually work out? Thanks.
Is there a difference in the relationship where you meet first and THEN she moves away? I think it would fall to the same problems, would it not?

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess they probably would, but in the case where she moves away there would probably be a more solid base established. I'm just wondering if it's even possible to get to that level when it begins from far away or if it just deteriorates much faster than in the first scenario.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to ask us if LD relationships work or not, just simply ask.

Now here's your answer: Unless you're going to see her for one day every 2 weeks, no.

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I can most likely see her more often than that. She's only about 1.5 hrs away. Guess it should work then.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mecca411
Yeah, I can most likely see her more often than that. She's only about 1.5 hrs away. Guess it should work then.
Would you be willing to drive more than an hour to meet up a FRIEND once every 2 weeks?

If not, you're being an AFC to her. Counter this by making her meet you halfway on at least 2/3rds of the dates you go with her.

Reaction score
Was in one just like you described... met her here, found out she lived in MINNESOTA. ****ing sweet mother of jello that was a stressful 11 months of my life. Her wealthy ass parents flew her out here about once every 3 months for a week or two, but god dammit that was not worth it... at least I lost my virginity with that biotch, but all I can say is that LDRs cause mucho heartache and blue balls. Learn from my mistake. Not worth it, not worth it, not worth it.

Not worth it.

Really.

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Unless you're sure she's LTR material (I'm talking, potentially the final girl), don't waste your time.