Anyone ever tried giving a compliment then walking away?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just straight up walk to a girl, give her a compliment (something like,"I like your shoes", "cool shirt", i.e nothing about her looks), and then walking away before she even has time to respond.
This is probably the hundredth time I've seen this episode of Drake & Josh (the episode where they have the bet to see who can get more dates; great old show if you haven't seen it), and I was wondering if this would actually work. Has anyone ever tried this?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say probably...would set you apart from the other lame dudes that try and stand there and compliment her to death...

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but you're WALKING AWAY.

Thats ending the interaction.

Unless you're super good looking+they're super desperate then No it wont make them chase after you if thats what you're asking.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of those which I know doing this got nothing except those who were so goodlooking that they would have get the girl even by puking on her shoes.

I think this "technique" frame the interaction as either:

1)I like you but I dont have the gut to follow through so I leave the ball to you

2)I wanna play the cool guy by doint something I saw in a movie

The only sure thing is boosting her ego, not because of the compliment but because you in a way or an other were hitting on her.

NobodyCares1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it on friday to my classmate, as I was passing by I said that she has a great dress and that she looks like a princess, but I knew we were going to talk later that evening. Though it was definitely a good move, combined with me dancing with her later, kinoing her and eye contact I could've got at least a makeout from her, even though she has a BF.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm at big concerts (ie Warped Tour, Extreme Thing etc..) or even at the strip in Vegas, I generally have a tendency to scream out "You're hot!", to any hot girl that walks by. Does it make me look like a jack@ss, sometimes, yes, but hey, I'm in a city where nobody knows me and could really give a sh!t. Have I gotten laid, meet-ups, and phone numbers by doing this? You bet your ass.

-Scars