Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else hate alcohol? How do you handle dates?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol makes me lethargic and dull, every time, no matter what I drink. The only time it's enjoyable is if I binge drink, which I'll do maybe 1-2x a year at most. Obviously not going to do that on 99% of first dates.

Anyone else relate? How do you handle dates? I know some really cool bars that have a perfect atmosphere for dates but I'm just done with alcohol. Do you guys think ordering a non alcoholic drink will fly over well? If the girl thinks it's a red flag to not get an alcohol drink, then you can know she's probably an alcoholic and isn't worth dating anyway.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I didnt need alcohol last time I was single, I actually do enjoy dinner at a restaurant and movies.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's much more difficult to handle the earlier stages of dating with consuming alcohol.

It is possible to arrange dates without needing alcohol. Swipe apps, social media DMs, and in-person stranger approaches in non-bar venues will allow for a man to arrange without alcohol.

The difficult part of not drinking alcohol are dates 1-3. Without alcohol, a man is going to need to be more creative with activity dates and might be forced into the dreaded dinner date in a restaurant.

Drinks in a bar is generally the first date that I offer, though in some special circumstances, I will offer an activity date as a first date.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
How long have you been off the booze? I can relate. Took me about 2 years of sobriety to find a groove.
Booze creates an illusion of a more capable self. The reality is that it's a hinderance. You already have everything built in internally required to thrive. Tap into it.
It's all in your head. Stop giving a fvck what people with amoral dependencies think about you. It sounds so cheeze but you'll attract a higher vibration.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was an active PUA without booze and almost certainly do better without it.
I hate alcohol because even though i like drinking it, i know its a waste of money and also lowers my fitness and gains.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol makes me lethargic and dull, every time, no matter what I drink. The only time it's enjoyable is if I binge drink, which I'll do maybe 1-2x a year at most. Obviously not going to do that on 99% of first dates.

Anyone else relate? How do you handle dates? I know some really cool bars that have a perfect atmosphere for dates but I'm just done with alcohol. Do you guys think ordering a non alcoholic drink will fly over well? If the girl thinks it's a red flag to not get an alcohol drink, then you can know she's probably an alcoholic and isn't worth dating anyway.
I think some will feel uncomfortable and you will not get 2nd dates because of it. Some will automatically assume you have dependency issues so you stay away from it.

I'd suggest coffee shops or venues that don't serve alcohol. That way you avoid any issues until she gets to know you better.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd suggest coffee shops or venues that don't serve alcohol. That way you avoid any issues until she gets to know you better.
Coffee shop dates are problematic because it's difficult to create a romantic vibe and give women "all the feelz" that they need for 2nd dates. They are about as bad as dinner dates in producing romantic sparks. The most common outcome of a coffee date is a woman feeling like she had a nice time but doesn't feel an incentive for a 2nd date because of a lack of a spark.

Without alcoholic drink bar dates, it becomes more likely that someone ends up on a coffee shop date or a dinner in a restaurant date.

I think some will feel uncomfortable and you will not get 2nd dates because of it. Some will automatically assume you have dependency issues so you stay away from it.
This is possible.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long have you been off the booze? I can relate. Took me about 2 years of sobriety to find a groove.
Booze creates an illusion of a more capable self. The reality is that it's a hinderance. You already have everything built in internally required to thrive. Tap into it.
It's all in your head. Stop giving a fvck what people with amoral dependencies think about you. It sounds so cheeze but you'll attract a higher vibration.
That's not what this topic is about. I had maybe 20 drinks in the past year, if that, so it's not a crutch or anything. And I do agree with your 2nd point, idgaf what people think, I care how they act. I know some women think it's weird if a guy doesn't drink.

Again I don't give a **** what some amoral thot thinks but if it prevents me from fvcking her it'll be annoying to deal with.

If first date seduction is the goal, no alcohol will hinder the plan. Long term though should be no issue.

You can’t have ONE drink?

I almost always have just 1 drink on a date. However I'd prefer to avoid it completely as even 1 drink throws me off sometimes, I guess I'll just live with it or get something more watered down.

Honestly I think I made this topic mostly to complain about how stupid alcohol is.

Last edited:

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the very least I have to be packin a chilled bottle of good wine as a conversation starter. Stimulation.
If the chick is into toking I got the stash as well.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Order water so you can play it off as a health thing.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is destructive. I'll order a rum & coke, then after 1 or two I'll discretely tell the bartender to skip the rum from here on out because I'm driving, but keep the stir straw in it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love alcohol and have since childhood, it's why I have to be very careful and limit myself with rules like no drinking alone, no binges, doing what needs to be done the next day, no skipping gym etc.

I would drink every day, it took years to break that cycle.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone on plenty of dates and drink water...most respected it. Had zero effect on the outcome of the date.
I used to go to bars and drink water and I'd always slip in that I was stone cold sober, I do think women can appreciate a man who is confident without needing a crutch.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t drink a lot of alcohol because of the empty calories. If I’m on a date and have to drink SOMETHING I’ll drink a Mich Ultra beer.