Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone else finding politics in US are affecting relationships and friendships?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
That’s not exactly true for the USA. It has moved to the left on social issues only. On the economic front, it has sharply gone towards the right.
I believe with the 2nd Amedment ruling and todays Roe v Wade ruling the pendulum has begun to swing back.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They'll never fully fvck with the 2nd amendment... They know it will create balkanization and split the states up.

Billtx49

Reaction score
All three branches of the federal government now have anti riot fences to keep out angry mobs. This is not a sign that they represent the will of the people.
It’s certainly a sign of the current state of political division with some advocating violence and a sense among many of my way entitlement …

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All three branches of the federal government now have anti riot fences to keep out angry mobs. This is not a sign that they represent the will of the people.
A large part of this is just due to the government wanting to milk the "january 6th insurrection" narrative for everything it's worth. But the USA no longer has a government of the people and for the people. They don't care if "fiery but mostly peaceful" riots take place in urban areas so long as they stay away from politicians.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The two opposite sides are not left vs right, it's collectivism vs individualism.
I think you could characterize the two sides in any number of ways.

The problem is that the "news" have just become liars and propagandists. I have def broken off friendships with people who use their soapbox to parrot media lies because talking to them is like talking to a wall. Like @Serenity said I'm very much willing to have a civil discussion with people, but I find that most of them now have irrational views that no amount of logic or evidence can penetrate.
What's interesting is that each side has its own news sources, and each side has its own version of the truth. Each side lives in its own reality. It's almost like two alternated dimensions living alongside each other in one.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What's interesting is that each side has its own news sources, and each side has its own version of the truth. Each side lives in its own reality. It's almost like two alternated dimensions living alongside each other in one.
Also, both are hypocrites with their philosophical stances.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Both rulings contrary to public opinion polling.
Some public opinions are against those rulings yes, but the best court judges we have ruled the existing legal issues were not supported by the Constitution …
That’s a good enough reason for me to accept their reversal rulings.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Both rulings contrary to public opinion polling.
But Constitutional as hell…

Again the power to make these decisions is handed back to the States - where (per the abject DESIGN of our Constitutional Republic) it belongs.

The Feds didn’t “outlaw” abortion, they simply decided it wasn’t in the fedguv’s purview. Just like gun ownership.

We might actually stand a chance in this country now…

p.s. polls can be manipulated- I can pay a pollster to generate whatever poll results I want - they’ll simply conduct it where it’ll give the results I want.

Serenity

Reaction score
Friendly reminder, the topic of this thread is politics affecting friendships and relationships. I see indications of too much politics and too little in the context of friendships and relationships.

I will lock the thread if the discussion wanders off into just politics. Stay on topic and the thread stays open.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last 2 days have been awesome. It's my bday week too!

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friendly reminder, the topic of this thread is politics affecting friendships and relationships. I see indications of too much politics and too little in the context of friendships and relationships.

I will lock the thread if the discussion wanders off into just politics. Stay on topic and the thread stays open.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the OP and thank you ^^^.

This thread is an interesting case study though in that even when OP (me) asks people in bold to "not get political i.e., red v blue" regarding a thread about politics affecting friendships -- it still evolves into a left vs right political discussion.

This thread has proven my point that it's almost impossible to have a discussion about politics without it reverting to red v blue warfare of varying degrees.

I'm not throwing shade on anyone, just making an observation.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I’m neither red nor blue, (Pepsi or coke) - so don’t lump me in that morass.

I like seltzer water.

Last edited:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Except that there is no such thing as alternate realities. I'm not saying that one side of the news media system is right and the other is wrong, but wokeness isn't interested in truth, it's just interested in telling you what to think. And it doesn't deal with reality either. Men cannot be women, if anyone accepts that as true then they have bent the knee.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Except that there is no such thing as alternate realities. I'm not saying that one side of the news media system is right and the other is wrong, but wokeness isn't interested in truth, it's just interested in telling you what to think. And it doesn't deal with reality either. Men cannot be women, if anyone accepts that as true then they have bent the knee.
I agree with you, although I notice both sides accuse the other of telling them what to think (or do).
Regarding alternate realities, "create your own reality" has long been a thing in the manosphere and PUA theory. I know that's not the same as an alternate reality literally, but some people do get pretty metaphysical with it. Then there's all that stuff about how an observed atom acts differently than an unobserved atom. And having your own frame, what happens when frames collide? I'm just rambling, but it's like people really do live in their own realities.

Borknagar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Myself I can deal with any politics as long as it's not advocating to remove my rights. I can have honest and friendly disagreements, no problem. No two people agree on anything. But again, if their politics involves making my life more difficult then they can drop off for all I care.