anybody pressed for time?

styles07

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you have extremely busy schedules. I'm wondering how you work in trying to ignite/maintain a social life with an abnormally busy schedule? I left full time work for part time work/full time grad school and have almost no free time now. It seems that I had at least an inkling of a social life before. Anyway, just looking for feedback on how you find time?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in law school now, and I don't have the time to take a real crap. My craps have to be intervalled so I can keep to my rigid schedual (I'm lucky if I get 1 min to lirk one out). My day looks like this :

6am - get up
8-10am - class
10am-12pm - study group
12-4pm - study
4-10pm - work
11pm - get home, eat, sleep

I usually take sundays off and try to do stuff with my friends, but more often than not, I'm tired as hell so I just vegatete in front of the TV.

I am spinning some plates at school and have some FBs on speed dial, besides that I don't have any real social life. Yes it can svck sometimes, but the end justifies the means.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You simply have to make time for it. I find the more busy i am and the less time i have, the more i value my free time. When i'm too free though one tends to get bored and to not really play a good social dating game (wanting too much and thinking too much about it)!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microsoft Outlook or any other PIM is your ally. You have to schedule your free time just as any class or meeting. The time is there once you commit yourself to a schedule.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in law school, too, and I eventually had to cut out my drinking and partying. Hangover recovery time was eating up too much of my schedule.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My social life has definitely taken a hit since I started having to work 60-70 hours per week.

The good thing is that over the past year or two I have built a pretty strong social network. Now I have a few different groups of people that I do things with regularly (when I find free time) and this allows me to meet even more people.

I would have a much harder time making new connections if I didn't have such a good foundation already built.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Microsoft Outlook or any other PIM is your ally. You have to schedule your free time just as any class or meeting. The time is there once you commit yourself to a schedule.
I agree on this one. I have Nokia 6620 and have all my schedules sent to the phone. Doing this, I get a LOT of free time than I had imagine. Try it. Get a symbian OS phone and have all your daily activities sent to it. It really helps.