Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

any STD advice

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
You are not old enough to post here. No one cares about your sophomoric comments.
Middle finger to the requirements dude.

Seriously, whats going to stop me from entering and replying in the Mature Man Forum? Fvcking please.

And sophomoric, I'd say I've matured a littler more than you in some departments, gathering you're still a virgin at 27.. Whats you're excuse?

Stop beating you're chest around here, I might just run a train wreck on you're church nuns dude.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
This is a message to Drummer Dude, who can't read. My responses were based on THE WOMAN TELLING YOU BEFORE SEX, SHE HAS SOMETHING. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWINGLY CONTRACTING AN STD, AND UNKNOWINGLY. THIS GUY ALREADY KNOWS SHE HAS IT.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeyPachuco! said:
Middle finger to the requirements dude.

Seriously, whats going to stop me from entering and replying in the Mature Man Forum? Fvcking please.

And sophomoric, I'd say I've matured a littler more than you in some departments, gathering you're still a virgin at 27.. Whats you're excuse?

Stop beating you're chest around here, I might just run a train wreck on you're church nuns dude.
Do it if you enjoy getting your throat slit by me

godofanxiety

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's commendable that you people "care" about your health, but drop the attitude, please. I wonder how many of you would tell a partner about an STD, like that girl did. And Drum is right, each one of you probably has multiple strains of HPV, at least.

You have every right not to sleep with someone who you know has herpes, but calling her a skank for her honesty is too much.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not sure what D&B is advising though.. to not ever have sex?

How many of you asked a girl for an STD test before hand? Anyone, Beuiller?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
Your from New jersey. I use to live in NJ, that is a densely packed SMALL state !! STD's are running rampant like crazy where you are. If you have had sex with anyone besides yourself, theres a HUGE chance you already have something. If you meet a girl at the bar that you find attractive and she finds you attractive and you somehow manage to take her home, what are you gonna do, ask her when was the last time she had an STD check up and then verify her paper work ?? No one knows who has what...not even people who have some shit know that they have something
The point then DEFINITELY went over your head.

It's one thing to meet a woman, take her home and THEN stuff happens...
That's ONE thing and the risk of it happening is HUGE for all of us.

But it's ANOTHER thing to be told by a woman BEFORE HAND that she has it and THEN go to bed with her.

Please don't be so naive to think that if a woman told you BEFORE HAND that she DOES have a certain condition, that it wouldn't deter you from choosing to get laid.

But I'm glad you definitely took the time to try to understand what I was posting..........

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the attitudes on here are hilarious.

OP chlamydia can be easily cured with antibiotics, so once it's been killed off it should be fine, and tbh it should scare her into being more careful. Chlamydia is the most common in the UK, I don't know about USA, but this is mostly because it often has no symptoms, but left untreated it could lead to infertility. The fact she told you is a damn good sign, only immature people would put theirs and others health at risk by not getting tested and not saying anything to prospective partners.
Herpes however, they are just like cold sores. So I really wouldn't advise doing stuff with her whilst the sores are flared up, even using a condom, it's the contact with the sores (they could be inside or out) on your skin that puts you at risk of catching it. Like cold sores, if they aren't up then you shouldn't be at risk for catching it, but be wary that if the sores are inside her then you aren't gonna see if they are up or not. However with them being inside her, a condom should protect you from them.

Personally though I would always use a condom anyway, and I wouldn't have sex with someone with an STD, even though you can do it relatively safely in some cases. But even if I use a condom I take an STD, it's not that much effort, although I suppose it depends how much sex you're having or how many different partners. Although I think I'm overly cautious with tests and contraception, the only time a guy has *** inside me was when I lost my virginity, I wanted the first time to be the whole shebang but since then I've never let a guy *** inside me, even with condoms. But the guys I have slept with just think I have a fetish for cumming on my face or body, when really I'm saving it for the kind of guy I could spend the rest of my life with and also making damn well sure there's no chance of me getting pregnant.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
Condoms do not prevent HPV. Any man who even CONSIDERS hooking up with a woman who knowingly has herpes doesn't value himself and should consider himself a loser. It's one thing to contract unknowingly, but to do so knowingly, is unbelievable.

Falcon25

Banned
Reaction score
I was speaking about the first post on this thread. Herpes is also not helped with a condom. These are skin to skin contact virus. She just needs to be breaking out and you touch her genitals with your genitals. Can't wrap up your testes!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what I gather is HPV is common and you can catch it even if you wear a rubber. Whether the girl is breaking out with the warts or not.

I had a girl call me tonight saying she found out she had HPV and we hooked up two weeks ago....yikes

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Solomen and others,
I was in a very long relationship with a girl who had active HPV and to the best of my knowledge never contracted it....warts occur all over the body,there are many types,each with its own virus,to each one we each have varying resistence,one Man will contract,another wont....there is an associated problem that concerns me,it is not so much getting warts on Old Betsy,but in contracting throat cancer down the line from Muff Diving,so if you get a change in your voice or unexplained discomfort in the throat,get checked out for pre cancerous warts they are easily removed and it could save your life....If you are contemplating a healthy relationship with a Lady,may I suggest you both pop down to your local STD clinic and get a check out,herpes and papiloma need special checks....My Quack told me the most dangerous STD was Hepatitis B it really is a killer and many Ladies walk around with it.

bigswifty

Reaction score
godofanxiety said:
You have every right not to sleep with someone who you know has herpes, but calling her a skank for her honesty is too much.
Amen to that. If she were truly a person of low caliber, she'd lie about it.

And I've been told that you can take acyclovir prophylactically 30 minutes before sex in order to protect yourself. (Trivia: Condoms used to be called "prophylatctics").

Dental dams and plastic wrap can protect against STD transmission during cunnilingus. And for what it's worth (tip of the hat to Curious Girl), there's so-called "outercourse", sexual acts which don't involve penetration which lower the risk of STD's conmsiderably (don't knock 'em till you've tried them!).

For A to Z STD advice one could do worse than Scarleteen. Yes, it's meant for high-school age people but it hits the mark most of the time.

Lastly: http://xkcd.com/182/

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
boynamedsue said:
Luckily I'm disease free, however two plates I'm spinning have mentioned something to me. (I've had sex with each of them once both times with a condom). One told me she has clamidia and the other told me she has herpes. Both are pretty cute but I'm paranoid about doing anything more with them. I consider myself to be lucky for not having anything bc I've banged a lot of skanks in my day.(got tested 2 weeks ago). Have any of u dealt wiith these stds?
Chlamydia is bacterial and can be CURED with antibiotics. If one girl says she CURRENTLY has it, then it needs to be taken care of. I would wait until you get the paperwork saying she's "cured" before going anywhere near it. And even then, she probably ought to get tested for other crap while she's at it. If she's got THAT, she's probably been having unprotected sex and may have other non-symptomatic diseases (HIV, Herpes, etc).

Herpes...there's no cure for it. If this is a girl you're in love with, maybe you can try to "manage" it, but expect to catch that sh*t eventually. If she's just a "plate"...time to drop her into the friend-zone. :p

Solomon said:
So what I gather is HPV is common and you can catch it even if you wear a rubber. Whether the girl is breaking out with the warts or not.

I had a girl call me tonight saying she found out she had HPV and we hooked up two weeks ago....yikes
If you've ever had a wart anywhere, you have SOME strain of HPV. Some manifest as warts on the fingers, others manifest as plantar (foot) warts. Only certain strains can affect the genitals...which is why if you get a wart on your finger, you try not to jerk off with that hand. :p I believe it's only contagious if the wart is open/exposed or via localized blood contact...not sure if HPV carries in sex fluids or not. You'd have to look it up.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me: after being exclusive with my ex for a year and half plus she called my office saying she had something to tell me. She went to the doctor and it was determined that she had chlamydia. I was like WTF? where did you get it from? She had the audacity to try blaming me. She had been tested several times prior and nothing of that sort was found but this chick decided to blame it on her ex-boyfriend. I immediately went and got myself tested and everything came negative.

Another one called me the other day saying, "amoka, well you remember last saturday when we had sex. I went to the hospital and was informed I had HPV so I suggest you go get yourself tested". I told her: "no need to tell me to get myself tested. Talk to you later." Never talked to her again, went and got myself tested immediately. Result came out NEGATIVE.

Get yourself tested again! Forget about being tested two weeks ago.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few tidbits from someone in the medical field:

3/4 of women in the US with chlamydia are ASYMPTOMATIC. That means they dont even know they have it.

Chlamydia is technically a bacterium but it acts more like a virus because it is an obligate intracellular parasite. Not as bad as it sounds because it is easily cured with a 1-2 week course of antibiotics.

There are MANY forms of HPV, well over a hundred I think. Again, most people who carry the virus are asymptomatic. That means they will probably never manifest any outward symptoms (warts). It is unlikely (but not impossible) that one would contract the virus(es) from an asymptomatic person. Chances are you have it and dont even know it. Most adults do. Check out the CDC website. Also there is no magical "test" for HPV.

Herpes virus (type I and II) can be transmitted via oral-oral, oral-genital, and genital-genital contact. Both types. Yes that means cold sores can be transmitted to someones genitals via oral sex. Many people do carry latent herpes virus and never have an outbreak. There is no cure for it, although those who do have outbreaks usually go on to full latency.

These are the most common. If you have had sex with >20 women, chances are you've been exposed to one or all of these. Yeah, STD statistics are sobering. The good news is bacterial infx's are treatable, and the common virals are usually latent, but you can never be too sure. Wear condoms with new girls, dont sleep with known nymphos, and get a yearly screening.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If you are not committed monogamous with a girl and both tested and found clean, you should be wearing a condom EVERY TIME. There is no excuse not to.

If you don't...then you get what you have coming.

IamMyownMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who the **** doesn't get Chlamydia treated when they are aware they have it? Penicillin has been around for almost 100 years and they have even better stuff now...

The ol' herp...goes hand in hand..wait mouth on mouth...gen on gen...to the point been around since the days of Jeebus, not cured yet, essentially harmless medically, 80% of people have hsv 1 and yet, it is the elephant in the room...of course you don't want to get it but the easiest way to prevent it is to not have sex at all. second goes to not having sex with someone who has an outbreak of it, third to not having sex with someone who has it and knows it and treats it, fouth to not having sex with someone who has it doesn't know it and doesn't take precautions, fifth goes to not knowing the status of the partner which is probably the majority of the dbags here...They can do blood tests which shows how many people have been exposed to it, but due to the stigma and the majority people's inability to deal with a b.s. stigma these tests are not included on a regular std exam-can chuck in the cost too. The smart money is on it that at least one or two of the commenters on this thread has it and doesn't even know it, cause despite being 'tested' they didnt get that test.

And oh yea, this forum has gone to piss.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's true that you can never be 100% certain. All you can do is be as responsible as possible. Ask lots of questions before you sleep with somebody (when was the last time they were tested, etc.). And get good at reading body language. If you're a DJ, you should be able to do this already anyway. It's how you gauge IOIs. People will tip you off through body language with all kinds of things as to whether or not they are being honest with something. Learn to read people.

And if you're afraid of offending the girl by asking her these things, you shouldn't be. Once you've established higher value and control of the frame, she'll be trying to qualify herself to you and this is where you can get your honest concerns out of the way. Ironically, asking her if she's clean then becomes a DHV spike.

Drum&Bass said:
DRAMA !! herpes is skin condition. The images you see online are always worse case scenarios with people have HIV or compromised immune systems. Companies do this intentionally to scare people into going to doctors and spending money on prescriptions. REALITY is...a majority of STD's don't look anywhere near as severe as an image you might find online.
I know 5 people with herpes. One recently had such a bad outbreak that she couldn't wear pants for a day.

I see too many people trying to downplay herpes. This is why it's such a commonly spread STD.