"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

An alternative to a handshake

dbot

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
530
Reaction score
63
bullsh!t. I use this all the time and it works fine. It will only be sleazy if you make it look that way. Just kiss her hand as if that's how you acknowledge every female and don't make a big deal about it. However if you try and be all smooth about it, you're gonna look like a weirdo :D
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
1
Location
Maison Ikokku
Originally posted by dbot
bullsh!t. I use this all the time and it works fine. It will only be sleazy if you make it look that way. Just kiss her hand as if that's how you acknowledge every female and don't make a big deal about it. However if you try and be all smooth about it, you're gonna look like a weirdo :D
If you act like this is the way you acknowledge every female, you will come off as a weirdo. When on Romulus, do as the Romulans do. I'd stick with the handshake for intros.
 

dbot

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
530
Reaction score
63
Originally posted by Yotsuya-san
If you act like this is the way you acknowledge every female, you will come off as a weirdo.
No you won't. You will come off as classy. Like I said, it will only look weird if you make a big deal about it. I'm not saying to bow or take a knee and make a big show out of it, just casually touch her knuckles to your lips when she gives you her hand. Trust me, I wouldn't be giving advice on this if it wasn't something I was experienced with. But do whatever makes you feel comfortable:)
 

Pro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2001
Messages
707
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by dcfball
i'd rather give her a high five myself
This is on target!

From what I have seen is that girls like more of the fun type guy in the beginning then she does some don juan cat. Giving her a high five with a big smile, that right there will start you off right.
 

Sasu11

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Of course it depends on the situtation, but in general I think 'kissing the hand' is just corny. But then how old are you? Perhaps its a good idea if you're over 30.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2003
Messages
914
Reaction score
17
Age
40
Location
Louisiana
Make like you're going to kiss her hand, maintain EC, don't stoop (stay standing straight), then kiss your own hand instead of hers. Swipes the pedestal like nobody's business and shows that you are playful and funny.
 
Joined
Oct 14, 2003
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Edmonton (City of parking lots), Canada
What I always do while being introduced is the handshake except I have a 'secret' handshake planned out that the lady doesn't know about but is easy to follow along with.. Basically you take their hand through it. It's super unexpected and hilarious. Just some strange handshake you would kind of do with close friends but you act serious about it like EVERYBODY in the world knows about it except her. Then accuse her of not being in the loop. Like whoa you don't know about this shake? I thought everyone did it.
 
Top