"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

am in trouble

DJmonster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
oregon, US
Ok was on the phone with gf, without thinking, I accidentally told her that I had told my best friend friend about how she had cheated on one of her ex-boyfriends. She got really pissed, said that was her personal information, and that she had trusted me to keep it to myself. Told her I was really sorry, and that my best friend was someone I always confided in and trusted, but that she was right, I shouldn't have told him.

Now she sends me text message:
"MAYBE WE SHOULD TAKE A BREAK. FRUSTRATED"

now what? any advice?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

DJmonster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 18, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
oregon, US
was thinking of sending this email:

I am very sorry about what I told Nick. You are right, that is not my personal information to give out. He is my one friend that I seem to always confide in, and I did it without thinking. We were talking about what you were doing this weekend, and he was asking me if I trusted you. I told him about you going to see Joe and about the past that you two had, and how I was ok with you going to see him, because I do trust you. I know I made a huge mistake by telling him that. I was trying to explain how I trusted you, and in doing so, violated your trust. I know you are very frustrated with me right now, and I understand if you need a break.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Now send her this message:

"Get over it you uptight, anal retentive drama queen. My friend doesn't give two sh*ts what you did or didn't do to past boyfriends. So suck it up. If you want a break over something as stupid as that then don't let the door hit you on your way out. Repeat after me... nobody gives a f*ck. Yours truly, DJMonster."
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Does her EX not know she cheated? Man its one thing to cheat and end the relationship. Its another to cheat and keeping it going, because who knows what sh1t she is bringing back. In fact why are with a girl who is like that, cheaters always cheat again. Take a break? Forget that, break it off and find someone better.

-Grey Fox
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Write what DJ Gio stated - and another thing....say "No" to cheating hos!!

Your friend should have opened your eyes with his question - your girl knows that she is not trustworthy and now so do your friends know!! She can no longer pretend!! Don't send your symp e-mail to her!!
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
Are you sure your not leaving anything out? It seems like she's either WAY over-reacting, or there's something else...


Either way, if she wants a break, give her one. Permanently.
 
Top