"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

All out attack?

rick6599

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Location
Amsterdam Netherlands
This super-hot babe, bar-tender in a local cofeeshop...I gave it a long shot on her, hang around a bit to see what's going on. Nothing much, no boyfriend, but she's got a lot of social life. Anyway, yesterday, after I finished my cofee, I took an empty cup to the bar, for sort of 'bye-bye" attention. Dear lord, she turned towards me and she gave me a WINK! I guess this means "All out attack" mode?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by rick6599
This super-hot babe, bar-tender in a local cofeeshop...I gave it a long shot on her, hang around a bit to see what's going on. Nothing much, no boyfriend, but she's got a lot of social life. Anyway, yesterday, after I finished my cofee, I took an empty cup to the bar, for sort of 'bye-bye" attention. Dear lord, she turned towards me and she gave me a WINK! I guess this means "All out attack" mode?
Yup. Full-on assault. Bust a chair over her head and take her in the back.

LOL don't be so dramatic about it. Next time you walk by the coffeeshop, stop in to say hi and get her number.
 

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Southern Philippines
maybe she just had something in her eye. :D

just be casual and dont make a big deal out of everything. you can do it. just act like you've known her for a long time and be comfortable when talking to her. then get her number.

good luck.
 

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
"Yup. Full-on assault. Bust a chair over her head and take her in the back."

Thanks, ***hole ;)

I just about fell off my chair laughing :)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top