Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Alcohol Tolerance

CuriouslyA

Reaction score
hi everyone, need a bit of help here.
I had been drinking alot (around 4-5 beers or 375 ml bottle of whiskey or rum) almost everyday for around 10 months in 2011-2012. The after I came outta University and got busy with business I was like one wild party once in amounts of two where I would have 6-7 drinks with mixtures. And also a couple of beers a week. Then in 2014 January I found out I had very slight fatty liver and I put on quite some weight 88kilos for a 5'6 guy so I abstained from alcohol for a couple of months, n then one drank around a beer or two a week. For the past one year I have even cut down more like a 4 beers a month, not together but One or two at a time. I also party very rarely these days, like once in 3 months.
Of late, that is the past 3-4 months I have realised I get a bit high after just a beer. Now is this a good sign or bad sign.
Oh yeah, and I have forgot to mention earlier that for the past year I have been doing lot of outdoor fitness exercises for an hour 4 days a week.
Now is the is anything to worry about or is there an health issue which has caused lower tolerance?
Thanks in advance. Cheers :)

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad you were able to cut down. You were definitely drinking at an alcoholics pace. I have heard from alcoholics that they get high from one beer after they have quit drinking heavily. Now this is only anicdotal evidence. I would try Google.

mellow_yellow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you getting drunk off of one Coors Light (4.2%) or a triple IPA craft beer (10%+)? Alcohol percentage is one factor and drinking on an empty stomach is another. There's a ton of factors. Now, if you're getting really buzzed or drunk from ordinary, non-craft beer, then that's a warning to get your body checked out by a doctor. If it's from a stronger beer, I wouldn't fret. I get a buzz from one strong beer and I'm 5' 10", 185 pounds.

Chances are you're fine, especially after you adopted a much healthier lifestyle by limiting alcohol and exercising. Most people lose their tolerance, because with age, they can't process alcohol as well, and also your liver slowly becomes "out of practice". I wouldn't recommend putting it back into practice though. It's much better to avoid the alcohol whenever possible and save it for the occasional / special nights out such as a wine with a steak dinner, whiskey tasting with buddies, or beer with football.

Your one year mark is coming up for the doctor's visit so it may be a good time to evaluate how your liver and overall health is doing anyway.

CuriouslyA

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you very much for taking time out to reply. Well, the beer I drink is around 6-8 %, depends on the brand. And I don't get totally high with its. It's just that feel I get. I able to process stuff with my mind and do physical work after the drink. But it's just like a mosquito bite kinda of high. I was worried because when we I used to be a regular drinker one beer would make any difference it was more less like a soda or a cola. I had a check up with a doctor a few months ago for another illness (typhoid was suspected but thankfully it was not to Be) and the doctor said I am perfectly fine.
It's just that odd doubt that suddenly creeps up u know.
And thanks again :)

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im in a similar situation i went through around 4 years of heavy alcohol consumption and my tollerance was through the roof i could drink a litre of vodka and be fine

i was out every single weeekend , sometime mid week too, boys holidays the lot, it was making me feel like absolute sh1te constantly

something had to give so last year i cut down to drinking only twice a month and started feeling better

this year ive gone down to drinking around once every 6 weeks which is quite miracalous for me

my sleep is better, my gains in the gym are better , my sexual performances are better everything is better

all is great............ BUT.......... like you i have completely lost my tolerance for alcohol

i did a weekend away with freinds recently and consumed half a litre of vodka in around 4 hours whilst travelling , normally this wouldnt have been a issue for me , but my god i got off that bus and i was absolutley paraletic

made a complete a$$ out of myself to everyone including all the chicks that were with us

noway i was getting laid that night and ended up passed out by midnight

so yea slight bit of a problem , ive started casually drinking in the house once or twice in the week now just to try and get my tollerance back up

CuriouslyA

Reaction score
Ha ha. Happens. But I have intentions of getting my tolerance up. I guess I stick to my current level or maybe if possible even lower it. I feel alot more active plus mentally n physically stronger these days. So hope to maintain it.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand this thread..... or maybe I am missing the point? :)

Why would you want to become more tolerant to alcohol? The reason you were tolerant before is because you drank too much of it, now you drink less of it and your body has become intolerant (the way your body should be naturally)

I won't go into details but I've wasted a tonne of money on alcohol and related activities over the last 10 years, and its been a week in week out activity.

Now I don't drink as much and I replace this activity with working out as much as I can.

If I go out for a drink then I will have a beer and obviously because my body is not used to it I will feel drunk quickly. So I pace myself and have a glass of water or 2 between drinks and save my money, OR I just drink very slowly. At the end of the day you're getting the same high as you did when you were tolerant but for less consumption.. Why try and change that? It's like complaining that you are having to pay £80 to fill up your fuel tank when before you had to pay £160...

CuriouslyA

Reaction score
@switch7, lol..no mate I don't intend to get my tolerance up. I am happy that I don't drink much these days, feel alot more active and alert than I used to be. I was only a bit confused whether it was because I have gone back to point zero or if I had actually damaged my liver or something. So just wanted to be sure it's a good sign and not a bad one.. Obviously I am happy that the tolerance has gone down, as I don't have to shell out alot the next time I go out for a drink and also it doesn't do much damage to Me healthier too.. Cheers!