!! Age 16, And My Hairs Falling Out !!

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my heads been really ichy for the last week and whenever i itch it, a few strands of hair fall out :O am i going bald??

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the average person is said to lose one to two hundred hairs a day. people shed their hair. they grow back. it's when it starts to NOT grow back or grow back thinner and thinner that you have a problem.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Male-pattern baldness is an inherited trait (has sex-linked elements), so you have a good head start (no pun intended) as to whether you'll go bald by looking at both your mother's father as well as your own father. If both went/are going bald, you're basically screwed. It was originally thought to be sex-linked on the x only, but more recent studies apparently are showing some y-linked elements (your father) as well.

Reaction score
just so suave said:
my heads been really ichy for the last week and whenever i itch it, a few strands of hair fall out :O am i going bald??
Stop doing hardcore drugs that change your body chemistry, I know a kid who does X, acid, lSD, coke, alcohol and weed. He's 18 and already has a visible patch and does a comb over lol.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
Stop doing hardcore drugs that change your body chemistry, I know a kid who does X, acid, lSD, coke, alcohol and weed. He's 18 and already has a visible patch and does a comb over lol.
I know a guy who plays Playstation3 and has a badly receded hairline. He sold it for a Xbox360 and his hairline grew back in two months.

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be from excessive stress, have seen that several times, affects chicks as well.
Could be a latent psoriasis. Yes, it can lead to baldness already at 19-20.
Could be just the normal amount of hair falling out.
If it continues, go see a dermatologist.

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok then my hair looks thin, but it hasnt started receding yet. i get at least a comment a day from people saying they can see my scalp/ i look bald lol

time to see a doctor i think

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started graying when I was 12 years old

comic_relief

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "God gave certain people a perfect head, the rest he put hair on"

Zhade

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ever seriously start going bald, do what I plan on doing.

Shave it all off :D

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
ok then my hair looks thin, but it hasnt started receding yet. i get at least a comment a day from people saying they can see my scalp/ i look bald lol

time to see a doctor i think
Given enough light you can see anyones scalp through their hair. You probably have naturally thin strands of hair or sparse hair, everyones different. You can change your hairstyle to show less scalp, my point? See a hairdresser.

However, the itchiness indicates you may have some allergic reaction or fungal infection (dandruff) both of which can cause reversible hairloss, my point? Go see a doctor.

best of luck buddy, but if you are going bald shave it all off and you will look awesomely hardcore.