Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Acceptable tattoo area for women?

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you consider a red flag on the rib cage/side boob? My ex had one in cursive writing on the rib cage and after we broke up, i found out she tattoed a butterfly on the side boob.
More of a yellow flag. Of course these are generalizations - context matters and there are exceptions. How did the “tramp stamp” get its name? A lot of h*es got tattoos on their lower back - but not all girls with them are h*es.

A lot of girls that experienced pain or trauma symbolize it with tattoos and from my experience these are popular places on the body they do it. You still have to use your brain and screen women, but if you find out the motive for the tattoo, it can give you some clues.

What did the quote on your ex’s rib cage say?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Compared to some of ya fuks on this site I’m pretty damned sane so the psych angle to the number of tats is absurd.

I have several both guns and my back, all easily concealed. All of them are custom art and all are connected to important events in my life. They make me happy and the chicks love them especially when I’m angling for minnows as opposed to mature trout. They at least in part make me approachable by coed hotties at resort pools. One must, of course possess the correct physique to make them work but I digress.

RickPound

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Compared to some of ya fuks on this site I’m pretty damned sane so the psych angle to the number of tats is absurd.

I have several both guns and my back, all easily concealed. All of them are custom art and all are connected to important events in my life. They make me happy and the chicks love them especially when I’m angling for minnows as opposed to mature trout. They at least in part make me approachable by coed hotties at resort pools. One must, of course possess the correct physique to make them work but I digress.
It’s totally different with men. The psych angle doesn’t apply. I have ink as well - a forearm half sleeve of custom art to accentuate a body part that already looks good.

Men (and some women) get tats for different reasons - important parts of their life, tributes, badass art that fits their interest and personality, or to accentuate their physique.

The girl that gets a rose or a butterfly on her foot while on a girls trip to Cancun is different than the girl who experiences trauma as a teenager and gets an inspirational quote about healing on her rib cage - or the date her parents divorced on the inside of a finger.

Reaction score
Non-visible in regular clothing tattoos are better than visible ones.

Around 50% of women ages 26-40 right now have at least one tattoo.
most women are complete dog shvt in quality for dating lol. A tattoo also shows lack of impulse control. I held my nose and tried to date a girl with tattoos and it got to the point where I didn't know if this girl was going to randomly shave her hair off or not with the lack of critical decision making.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I love the sexy tattoos, I'd be happy to get a girl with lower back, thigh, chest or ass tats.

I don't like tattoos that are neither cool nor sexy, and I don't like it when they have too many and start looking like a crossword puzzle. I don't like sleeves because they make her look like a hard criminal.

I'm an optimist, so instead of "bad for LTR" red flags, I see "great/easy sex" green flags lol.

Terra

Banned
Reaction score
I don't like tatoo everywhere on body. but maybe in some parts like arms it could be appropriate

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cannot stress enough how much I hate tattoos on women. The only good thing out of this is that you have more of an indicator of what women to avoid. If the woman below had no tattoos, I'd be more inclined to think she was a fun girl. But the tats basically just say how much of a problem she would be, lowering her attraction. It is sad cause it is not like she has a bad body form, but we are men. And we like women.

1667225852716.png

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I love them but I have 13 and counting myself plus
a Prince Albert piercing. I certainly prefer a woman with them than without but then I've
always preferred the rock chick look (not the properly fat ones of which there are plenty).

savi0r

Don Juan
Reaction score
More of a yellow flag. Of course these are generalizations - context matters and there are exceptions. How did the “tramp stamp” get its name? A lot of h*es got tattoos on their lower back - but not all girls with them are h*es.

A lot of girls that experienced pain or trauma symbolize it with tattoos and from my experience these are popular places on the body they do it. You still have to use your brain and screen women, but if you find out the motive for the tattoo, it can give you some clues.

What did the quote on your ex’s rib cage say?
"If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing". She had daddy issues. Her father left her family when she was really young, like 3,4. She hated him. Her mother has 3 kids with 3 different guys, she included. She always tried to prove something to her mother, to her family. Maybe it's a deep need for feeling loved and appreciated. Hence why the tatoo. She made it when she was 14 or something like that.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a lot of generalization, prejudice, and ignorance around tattoos on girls in the manosphere.

No, they are not for cattle or to mark masses. Tattoos have been around since almost the beginning of humanity. They are a sign/symbol of a rite of passage. Originally, and ideally, in modern times they mark something of importance to that person and that person alone.

I might be biased as I have several. But as long as she is not covered up and they are all off-the-book, cookie-cutter, with no depth/meaning, then I don't mind one or two. As for the area, ideally not overly visible, yes.

Again, this comes down to ignorance and prejudice. Take some effort to get to know the girl. Now if you, yourself don't like tattoos, well then that is just your standard and something you are not attracted to. Fine, move on. But don't stereotype women with tattoos. Again, I have a bunch so I might be biased but I also can't be that ignorant and hypocritical to not understand if someone has a valid reason and meaning for a tattoo. Ideally, a rite of passage and not just a drunk tattoo.

Modern Man Advice

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, this comes down to ignorance and prejudice. Take some effort to get to know the girl. Now if you, yourself don't like tattoos, well then that is just your standard and something you are not attracted to. Fine, move on. But don't stereotype women with tattoos. Again, I have a bunch so I might be biased but I also can't be that ignorant and hypocritical to not understand if someone has a valid reason and meaning for a tattoo. Ideally, a rite of passage and not just a drunk tattoo.
I'm glad to know that there are some things we disagree on cause I don't like echo chambers.

Now to attack those points: being prejudice to women wearing tattoos is no worse than a woman being prejudice to a man's height requirements. Having standards is very valuable for men as we already lower our standards as is. I am happy to say I am prejudice to women who have tattoos. I think it is bad on them and worsens their femininity. Just like how I prefer a woman with smooth skin versus rough lumberjack skin from hard labor. I like women, not men.

I do not think it's fair to put it aside "ignorance." There is no ignorance in saying women look bad with tattoos as it is part of the social cues of men vs women perception of each other. An unmarred woman is as attractive to men as fit men are attractive to women. Every historical account of a woman in stories and history has been describing them nearly absent of flaws. There is a lot of subjectivity, but across all cultures and time, the essence is the same. And usually, if someone errs off course of that, it's because they cannot get those types of men/ women, and lower their standards. Tattoos on women is standards lowering. I won't hate on a man liking a woman with tattoos, but I can still make fun of them for it.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have heard that there is a correlation between the number of tats someone has and mental illness, but have no solid proof on it. I'm 48 and don't have any. Have thought about it but the more "trendy" it becomes the less likely it is that I will ever get one. I don't do trendy things really well.
I have no doubt about it. I am yet to meet a woman with tattoos who did NOT have fairly serious mental issues, at minimum.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man ask me, Im from southern cali bordered with Mexico. The tattoo culture is off the hook on this side of the tracks. I been around the block and alleys to know.
Its at a point where girls without tats are up there in the unicorn status.

Females with tats have a couple loose screws and thats non negotiable.
Scarred up emotionally and more of being "out there". Danger excites them.
Very temperamental. And lets clear the air here, most tatted women are freaks and have been around.

Tattoos makes a woman trashy and her feminine essence is wiped out I dont care how good the art is.

Most of them over 30 are still slvtting around or are single mothers.

Personally I prefer my ltr women without tats. Strict policy. Her spirit is more cleaner that way.

Reaction score
so I have been dealing with the plague for the past few days, so I want to further tell the story of the tattoo girl I gave a chance since I have my energy back. Girls with tattoos isn't just about them being sluts or anything. The biggest issue is that these girls lack impulse control and the ability to make good long-term decisions. Nonvisible can proceed with caution, but I would avoid any girl with visible tattoos like the plague. Lets say you meet a girl with tattoos and you decide to date her. With her inability to control her impulses or make good long-term decisions, this girl can wreck hell in a relationship/marriage by doing a lot of DUMB SHVT.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to know that there are some things we disagree on cause I don't like echo chambers.

Now to attack those points: being prejudice to women wearing tattoos is no worse than a woman being prejudice to a man's height requirements. Having standards is very valuable for men as we already lower our standards as is. I am happy to say I am prejudice to women who have tattoos. I think it is bad on them and worsens their femininity. Just like how I prefer a woman with smooth skin versus rough lumberjack skin from hard labor. I like women, not men.

I do not think it's fair to put it aside "ignorance." There is no ignorance in saying women look bad with tattoos as it is part of the social cues of men vs women perception of each other. An unmarred woman is as attractive to men as fit men are attractive to women. Every historical account of a woman in stories and history has been describing them nearly absent of flaws. There is a lot of subjectivity, but across all cultures and time, the essence is the same. And usually, if someone errs off course of that, it's because they cannot get those types of men/ women, and lower their standards. Tattoos on women is standards lowering. I won't hate on a man liking a woman with tattoos, but I can still make fun of them for it.
Haha nice, yeah it is ideal to not agree too much. Disagreeing and having different perspectives is always beneficial. So thanks for disagreeing and commenting back to share your perspective.

With that, I actually agree with the concept of standards. I respect that. I actually mentioned it in my comment, if that is your standard, then it holds truth and value and you should be firm. But it is a standard that will look different from man to man. Most men don't like tattoos on women, and I can see why.

However, my comment on ignorance is about the meaning and history of tattoos. I know most people see tattoos nowadays as a fashion statement or trend, but in reality, tattoos hold a lot of value when it comes to human history and society. At least in most cultures, not all.

So as long as we understand what we are putting in our bodies, I don't mind one or two (like I said def not covered up). But if they are just dumb and meaningless tattoos to look trendy and "cool" then yeah that is idiotic and highly a turn-off.

Again, thanks for sharing your perspective.

Modern Man Advice

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Normal Snow White:

Tattoo'd Snow White:

Snow White is sexier without tattoos but all the versions of Snow White here are heavily tattooed. 1-3 tattoos wouldn't be awful but not as good as 0.

Real women would follow the same pattern as Snow White.