"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Abundance mindset and the power of not being afraid to lose a woman...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
Had an interesting thing happen with a woman I went on a date with early last week. She texted me the day after saying how much fun she had, blah blah and then we exchanged a few messages. She sent me a message around 8pm that I didn't respond to until the next day in the afternoon because I was on a date and I got busy the next morning. This woman is a solid 7. Cute face, nice body. Pretty sure she has dudes chasing her all the time.

Didn't hear back from her. So I just left her alone and focused on other women. Late Sunday night I get a text:

Her: BG78, can I ask you a question?

I was already asleep when she sent it so I responded the next morning.

Me: Sure but I may or may not answer it(with a smirk face)
Her: Lol...were you or are you interested in me?
Me: Yes
Her: Wow. I am a little surprised to hear that.
Me: Oh...why is that?
Her: Because I haven't really heard much from you. I was confused.
Me: It was a busy week for me and since texting is like tennis, if I hit the ball to you, I simply wait for you to hit it back.
Her: Blah blah blah...I really had a great time with you, are you free to get together again sometime soon?

She also admitted that she had been thinking about why she hadn't heard back from me all week and she couldn't take it anymore because it was driving her crazy and had to reach out to me to find out because she said normally guys will text her a bunch of times in a row if she doesn't respond.

Long story short she invited me over to cook dinner Thursday night. Pretty sure sausage is going to be on the menu after dinner for her.

Moral of the story? Don't get desperate or needy. If a woman doesn't respond simply wait her out. If she is interested enough she will get back to you. In this case doing nothing ended up getting her hamster wheel spinning like crazy because it was the complete opposite of what most guys do. And when a woman is thinking about you that much she can't be thinking about other guys.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,715
Reaction score
2,208
Age
37
I just had a similar experience with this plate. She basically sent a text to me and saying how sad she was that she didn't receive any text from me the entire weekend and BS like that.

This is why I am a loyal believer in the principal of NEVER.DOUBLE.TEXT and WAIT.FOR.HER.TO.TEXT.BACK.

Most AFC's just can't control their inner impulses to spam text a chick's phone to the point they get friendzoned themselves.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
I just had a similar experience with this plate. She basically sent a text to me and saying how sad she was that she didn't receive any text from me the entire weekend and BS like that.

This is why I am a loyal believer in the principal of NEVER.DOUBLE.TEXT and WAIT.FOR.HER.TO.TEXT.BACK.
Most dudes are so thirsty these days they send multiple texts if they don't hear back in like 10 minutes haha
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
she said normally guys will text her a bunch of times in a row if she doesn't respond.
I hear this all the time on dates.

Any man who wants to separate himself from 95% of all other men can do this:

1.) Dont double text. Chill out....she got the first text. Sit back and wait. Go find more chicks in the meantime
2.) Dont act like she is a glass of cold water and you havent had anything to drink in week. Chill out. Play it slow and cool and find MORE women in the meantime.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,086
Btw, @BackInTheGame78 , did you bang this chick on the 1st date?
No...we just had a fun and flirty first date...played minigolf and then went for a walk. Pretty good makeout at the end. She said I was a great kisser and was really into it.

I rarely go for a FNL. Typically date 3. Sometimes on date 2 but probably 60% on date 3.
 
Top