Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About self-improvement...

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Old-post bump! :p

After reading and discussing Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (great book), I finally got the point of what BBB was saying here.

Take two mountain climbers (This is how it's explained in the book). One climbs the mountain to reach the top and get a free "I climbed the mountain" t-shirt and whatever. He only looks at the end result and fails to enjoy the climb. He's called the ego-climber. Often, since he fails to realize that the zen is in the climbing and not the peak. ("There is very little zen to be found at the top of the mountain. The zen you have up there is the zen that you bought with you") He usually fails because he can not love the climb, and should he reach the top, is happy for a little while and then discontent again.

The "selfless climber" climbs the mountain because he loves the mountain. He is happy on his way up, because he realizes that climbing the mountain is for the challenge, not to get to the top. He does not fall into despair on his way up because he sees the beautiful nature around him and feels that as more important as his goal.

Whee for delayed understanding.