Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

About self-improvement...

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you want to "Self - Improve" yourselves?
What are you going to do when you have lots of muscles, good looks and money?

BBB

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feel better about yourself mainly, for me anyway.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Beat you up, steal your girlfriend, and buy your house. :D

Now seriously, self-improvement is the main purpose of this site. You need to change the way you think, and since this change is supposed to make your life better in all its aspects (including GETTING HOESESS), it's called self-improvement.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know perfectly well why. Just wondering what all of these funny little questions are about BBB? You making a great thread to blow our socks off or ane you just bored and want to see if you can get people to answer basic questions;)?

Heh heh, just curious...

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Engetsu, I've been on this site for 3 years, I know the purpose. And you didn't explain WHY do YOU want to self-improve.

And Cloud-uk, if you know I guess you wouldn't mind sharing with us. You don't need to tell about the personal, familiar, classified stuff.

I'm up for something huge. Those who do not pick up in the kino post and in this post will have a hard time understanding, accepting/RATIONALLY defying it and dealing with it.

It's not conspiracy theory, religion or mental masturbational delusion like some sci-fi flick.
It's down, dirty and right to the point.

BBB

Zendryn

Don Juan
Reaction score
After your get good looks, muscles and money?

Hobbies, character, confidence, anyways I bet you have all these.

So I guess its more money, more good looks, more muscles. :D

You can never have too much of these!

Styles

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about looks, body, and money, although you can achieve those things.

It's about mental toughness, motivation, etc.

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I look at more than muscles, looks, and money for my self-improvement.

I basically want to see what I'm capable off. I want to see how much potential I have, and how much I can realize. I sort of feel like I have to, like everybody's counting on me to become something great. There's this feeling in my guts that tells me to rise above, "be all that I can be," in a sense. It's a heck of a feeling, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope that doesn't sound too corny. I'm just being honest. :)

Capone

Don Juan
Reaction score
My feelings on this subject are similar to BWSL2's.

Self-improvement is proving to yourself that you have not wasted your life. It shows that the time you have invested in yourself has payed off. Muscles, good looks and money are merely fruits of your labour. The gain that is above muscles, good looks and money is the 'feeling' (as BWSL2 put it) that if you put your mind to it, you *can* achieve great things. This is a fuel to the fire known as motivation. If 'problems' come up, the motivation that you have been building up will drive you to solve them with ease because you no longer make the problems out to be as big as you used to think they were - they are nothing compared to your previous achievements.

Knowing that I pushed myself to the limits and actually *did* something with my life feels a hell of a lot better than having pissed life away.

What will happen when I finally get those muscles, good looks and money? As Tony Robbins says, closing one gap will open another. I will move on to the things I have yet to do and try to accomplish them with my increasing motivation at my side. To me accomplishment = happiness.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Styles, what are you going to do with your mental toughness and your motivation?

BWSL2, very beautiful reply but still sounds too vague. What are the marks, the forks on the road that will prove that you've accomplished what you wanted? Do you even know which road you want to take?

Capone, the same. What will be your referential of success or failure? Will it be unchangeable? If it does change, how in the hell are you going to find the final goal?

BBB

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who said self-improvement led to all those things? Stick to the questions.

Self-improvement to me? It shows that I care, that I have the balls to go out and do something about my problems and not just wait until the situation changes and hopefully my attitude is appreciated by the next passerby.

I constantly improve myself. My goal is not perfection. I do not believe in perfection.

You reap what you sow!

I had a situation and it wasn't working. My friends were gonig through the same stuff. Today, I'm banging the chicks I want when I want and they arn't. Why? I changed my ways. Today, they still come to me to tell me why their heart opens up so much to people who won't open their hearts to them...

I Self improve because when I'm not satisfied with something I'm doing, by golly I will not stand by and let that continue! I want to become who I want to be! I want to be a person who constantly changes to best assess situations.
A girl shot me down. By ****, I didn't stand there and mop. 5 minutes later she was no longer on my mind and that was in my oneitis days! I got the **** up, saw what I did wrong, told myself the truth about it and changed myself. Today that chick I once wanted so bad is MINE .

Lik

Drowning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell, I just don't want to be looked down upon EVER again. It's mostly a mental thing. Getting muscles, looks and **** will definately help me change the image I have of myself in my own mind.

It's not really anything elegant or "feel good". I just hate being the social pariah. I want to get in and socialize, but I feel bad about myself and it keeps me from doing these things on a very basic level. Whenever I'm at the gym, I work harder than anyone to try to achieve those goals.

At the end, no one's going to disrespect me or look down upon me because I'll feel good about myself and the way I look and they'll be able to tell...and it's going to be sweet. (Self-confidence through physical self-improvement. Shallow, but it's working so far.)

Now, writing this I'm realized something else. It's 90% me and 10% other people here. It doesn't really matter, since I can take care of both through muscles. When I can say to myself and honestly believe that I'm damn sexy, other people will be able to feel that about me.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for opening me up to another reason Drowning.

"I want to be the guy that stands out. I don't want to be one of the group. I want to LEAD the group. I want to be the guy the chicks will turn to and check out when the group walks by. I want to be the one that has all the women coming after him and wanting to know more about him."
-LikRetsam September '03

Today, I can proudly say I have become the person I wanted to be.

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy

BWSL2, very beautiful reply but still sounds too vague. What are the marks, the forks on the road that will prove that you've accomplished what you wanted? Do you even know which road you want to take?

I can't say that I do. Not yet at least. I'm not entirely sure what I want (please, no one give me a lecture on goals) and that's a major part of my self-improvement. It's not that I'm indecisive, I'm picky-I have to be sure of where I want to go. I suppose you could say I'm on the road to getting to the road I want to take. I have so many things that I want to do that I often get crushed under that magnitude and don't do anything. I'm a horrible procrastinator.

But, I realize that being aware of that fault is one of the first and most important steps. Especially because it's taken me so long to do it. I can sense that the truth is right around the corner-I have the answer already, I simply have to unlock it. I have faith in myself and my abilities, and I know that after some time, patience, and hard work, my true destination will reveal itself-at this point, I'm trying to prepare for whatever it may be.

I'm betting that's still too vague. In all honesty, so am I. It's probably all part of the master plan though. :)

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy
Styles, what are you going to do with your mental toughness and your motivation?

Capone, the same. What will be your referential of success or failure? Will it be unchangeable? If it does change, how in the hell are you going to find the final goal?

BBB

BBB, this would really surprise me coming from you, but are you trying to get to the point that nothing we do really matters? That all of what we do will be nothing in the end, and is therefore meaningless? If you are, then in my experienced opinion, that kind of attitude sucks...I've been there before, it just makes you lazy and unhappy with yourself, and that's where I found the DJ site. That's going back to step one.

Or are you maybe trying to deliver a message that we should reach out to other people, so that once we have expired we leave a legacy behind, instead of just a muscular, good-looking, rich corpse?

I dunno what your going at here bro, but ya got me interested.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I know where you are going with this, BBB. Don't look towards the future for happiness, or at least that is what I do. If that is not where it is going, then people should understand that the future will never be as good as you think it will be. Oh it will be good if you work hard to improve yourself, but it won't solve all your problems.
Read the POWER OF NOW.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
What it comes down to is spiritual,mental, and physical growth.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok blues boy, do this. Toss a coin. Heads = self-improvement - goodlooks, money, muscles, intelligence, communication abilities, memorisation abilities, speed reading abilities... the list is endless. Tails = sit on your fcuking ass all day doing nothing.

Toss heads or tails, what does your instinct tell you you should do.

Ofcourse, less whinin , more action

It was the great pook that defined and explained testosterone. It gives u energy in life. Some have it, some fcuk their lives away

Personally i think u need to redefine what your meaning of life is. For me, it is Constant and Never Ending Improvement as tony robbins says and i believe and Kaizen as Sammo and others have said and which i also believe. The purpose is to give your best and not give a sh1t why,

Listen to GreenDay's amazing song! Good Riddance (time of your life)

"so make the best of this test and DON'T ASK WHY!!!!!
It's not a question but a ?lesson learned in time

it's somethin unpredictable but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life"

How can u have the time of your life without improving yourself?

one last thing. It's the game of life you're questioning here. That's right, u might as well be dead if you aren't trying to be the best u can be, because that is the object in the game of life. I recommend u ask ureself why ure living if u aren't gonna play the game

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BBB, to me, self-improvement is a path towards happiness.

Whatever makes me happy, I will do it, and improving myself will make me happier since you can't be satisfied with just who you are. I read somewhere that our purpose on earth is to never stop learning, and I totally agree with that. There is just too much knowledge out there, and a lot of situations to be lived.

Everything that comes with that are side-effects. Now if you keep on insisting on the "why", as in "why are we striving to be happy by improving ourselves?", well you should ask a philosopher that question... To me it seems obvious, but I dont know why. Just like any other fundamental question.

And to answer what will happen when you have obtained money, good looks, power, etc. Well you'll be hungry for more, since I think that you can never be fully happy with yourself, just like a French proverb says: "Appetite comes when you eat".

So why do I want to improve myself? To be happy. Why do I want to be happy? Because it's my life's goal.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Engetsu
you can't be satisfied with just who you are. [/B]
Got to disgree there. I call that type of thinking insecurity. I think everyone must be satisfied with who they are, but on the same token, everyone must strive for further satsifaction