Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ab work that’s easy on the lower back

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ab “exercises” are generally useless. The best exercises for abs are sprints, weighted pull ups, and barbell squats. Even without doing those, you can still acquire great abs by simply reducing body fat.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
New Plank PB today. Broke the 6 minute barrier, 6m09s to be precise.
Damn bro....that is impressive...I have just gotten up to 3 minutes over the past month. I used to do planks with lots of weight on my back...got up to 180 lbs(4 plates) with my feet up on a bench and held it for about 30 seconds....felt like my abs were going to rip but it made normal planks really easy.

Just got back into them after a long hiatus and forgot how tough they were...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ab “exercises” are generally useless. The best exercises for abs are sprints, weighted pull ups, and barbell squats. Even without doing those, you can still acquire great abs by simply reducing body fat.
I’m not looking for an definition per se. I’m looking to strengthen my core so that it will support my back better.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
was going to say. if you're doing all the usual compounds, ab exercises will make minimal difference to strength and aesthetics. particularly not worth doing if you have a lower back issue.

I do a few sets of leg raises a week if I can be bothered at the end of lower day, but went years without doing them. but they're fully visible.

sorry just read what you said above. google search brings back some ideas.

Last edited:

caberk14

Reaction score
Best way to work out your abs is to NOT focus on working out your abs. Do exercises that work out multiple large muscle groups (squats, lunges) and interval training (jumping, sprints) to burn fat. Your abs will follow.

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, you need to strengthen your back and then train, otherwise, you will only hurt yourself. Back problems are not temporary, they can get worse in the future. You can train at the same time. I had the same problem.