Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

AAAgent's Crypto Journey

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why pivx as opposed to Monero or Xvg?

And I feel your pain. So hard to keep up with this space. I still have a full time job so I'm spend 2 hours in the morning on crypto and 2 hours at night and atleast one day on the weekend.

Considering hiring a part time personal assistant. Missed out on some good trades and icos because I just didn't have enough time to do research.
Monero and Verge dont have masternodes from my memory. The plan is to buy a privacy masternode and just let it take care of itself for when I need privacy coins. If not, it will at the least be a great income generator.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monero and Verge dont have masternodes from my memory. The plan is to buy a privacy masternode and just let it take care of itself for when I need privacy coins. If not, it will at the least be a great income generator.
Great idea. What are your thoughts on the number of pivx that will be needed to generate a masternode?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here comes the BTC pump. I'm forecasting the BTC pump and Alts dump days are over. I think during the next BTC ATH which is happening now we'll only see small dips in alts and when BTC stalls and finds a new floor, Alts will then pump again. Market is changing as when we previously had whales controlling thin markets and the new entrants selling off into panic dumps, market is getting too large for whales to manipulate they way they used to. Too many veterans in the space who understand the direction of blockchain. All major dips will be heavily bought and this is why I don't forecast major sell off in alts during BTC pumps. I think we are very close to a BTC correction though. Probably in January or February at this point as we're rising too fast. The general trend is still headed towards the moon.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wins and losses (excluding BTC, ETH, and LTC)

Four columns for easy identification are: Entry price; high price; current price; did I recoup original investment yet;

Veritaseum Entry $6, High $240, Current $115, Recouped principle yes

Populous - Entry $0.33, High $11, Current $9, Yes

BlockCat Entry $1, High $6 - Current $1.5, Yes (no longer holding any)

Salt Lending Entry $1.5, High $8.5, Current $4, Yes (no longer holding any)

AdEx Entry $0.33, High $2.6, Current $1, Yes

OmiseGo Entry $3, High $14, Current $8, Yes

NEO Entry $15, High $48, Current $38, Yes

QTUM Entry $8, High $19, Current $14, Yes (no longer holding any)

CLOAK Entry $4, High $14, Current $6, Yes

TenX Entry $1.55, High $6, Current $1.70, Yes (no longer holding any)

---

WILD Entry $0.10, High $0.15, Current $0.10, No (Hindsight, I don't think I would get in this one again)

DGPT Entry $0.8, n/a, n/a, No

ICON Entry n/a, n/a, n/a, No (Korean came out and banned all ICO's which has stalled this project. Refund to come end of this month)

PayPie Entry $0.33, High $0.60, Current $0.53, No

Walton Entry $5.1, High $9, Current $4.90, No

Updates:

WILD - still not liquid so even though it says it's up 3x, there isn't legit enough volume to even sell into. Basically no update here.

DGPT - same as above

ICON - received refund as my friend didn't pass KYC. It's cool since I got my ETH back at 3x the price.

PayPie - it's up 600% from ICO or 100% from when I mentioned it here. I expect it to move atleast another 1,000% in the near future.

WTC - up about 70% from when I listed it here.

PPT - up 500% since I last mentioned this. Who knows where this thing will stabilize around.

VERI - up 100% since I last mentioned this.

EOS - Entry at $4 last week. It's up 100%.

OMG - up 80% since I last mentioned.

Obviously there's the BTC, ETH, LTC pump. Everyone knows about those. XRP, NEM, and IOTA pumped as well. I prefer not to touch XRP because it's just one of those coins I would never hold long term being a banker coin that has no finite supply and is printed like FIAT currencies. Rumor is it might be listed by coinbase along with BCash so I may try to play this trade even though I don't like the coins. I don't like holding trash coins. IOTA has too much controversy rolling back their coin because of the of the fork but their wallet is complete garbage not allowing funds to be moved out of wallets due to network congestion. I hear IOTA coins on exchanges can move fine but moving from IOTA wallets in and out is not working.

Hopefully anyone following me made some nice gains by picking up these tokens/coins. Hard to find loser coins in this market but like I said, anyone blind person can make decent gains just by buying BTC, LTC, and ETH.

Good bargain coins or trades I'm eyeing are PayPie (PPP), Stratis, BCash, IOTA and KICK.

If you're looking to make big money, i'd get into PayPie (PPP). It's virtually same business model as Populous (PPT) that is already up 13,000% since July. I know a few people who sold their PPT off after holding only a month or so because they just didn't have the patience to wait for a coin to mature and they don't know how to invest. Honestly, anyone who buys an ICO should be buying into it for the right reasons. Trying to flip for a 100-500% gain only a handful of weeks in is pretty stupid. It'd be like finally making out with that hot chick you got a date with and then not having the balls to stick it through the next couple of dates for the bang. Yeah, it may be a bit scary getting rejected but if you've done the right screening (like we all should be doing before we make a move on a coin or date a chick), the risk is worth the reward. At a handful of weeks in, most ICO companies are probably still scouting for office leases. I had a friend sell off his 2,000 PPT to get into DGPT ICO with me. I did not know he sold off his PPT until recently he told me he had none. That's $100,000 the idiot doesn't have. He said he didn't want to put anymore money in crypto so was just using the money he had to try and flip things. Since he didn't want to put in anymore money, and I spoke with the DGPT CEO and got my group 50% off ICO price, he sold off his Populous to get into Digipulse. Well DigiPulse (DGPT) has done nothing, price has barely moved and there's no volume on the token as of now.

Never FOMO buy or FOMO sell. Worst decision possible. Fomo buying usually results in buying at the top because the you're afraid you're going to miss the pump but when you get in, you've already missed a majority if not all of the pump. Then people take profits, price is dumped and you're stuck holding the bag. Although for legit coins, holding the bag will probably result in a gain in crypto at this stage, the concept of fomo buying will get you killed in traditional markets. FOMO selling or panic selling is pretty much the same concept.

Always go into a trade or investment with a strategy. Execute the strategy and then wait. Never just buy to buy.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've built a core hold position in Bitcoin, and am thinking of dabbling with some of the alt coins. I'll look to by a few, probably those in the second tier. I'd like to trade them, but if 'a rising tide lifts all boats', it might be best to just sit on these as well. As for trading, I may just do this with the volatility we might see in Bitcoin... but this will be a hedging trade [to accumulate US dollars] outside of the position I've managed to hurriedly established in Bitcoin.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been looking into the alt coins lately.

What do you think of a 'carpet-bombing' approach. Put a few grand in the better second-tier ones, and then 'carpet bomb' with a $100 a heap of the newer ones coming to market. When one pops, sell half and 'bomb' others. And keep doing this until you got a lot of cover.

This way you wouldn't have to bother with trading... kind of the lazy way to trade. You'd just hold, and buy new coins with half the profit when/ if they pop. All you're really looking for is one or two of them going on to a bright future... and there is your fortune. What do you think?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been looking into the alt coins lately.

What do you think of a 'carpet-bombing' approach. Put a few grand in the better second-tier ones, and then 'carpet bomb' with a $100 a heap of the newer ones coming to market. When one pops, sell half and 'bomb' others. And keep doing this until you got a lot of cover.

This way you wouldn't have to bother with trading... kind of the lazy way to trade. You'd just hold, and buy new coins with half the profit when/ if they pop. All you're really looking for is one or two of them going on to a bright future... and there is your fortune. What do you think?
What's your goal? Is your goal just to have fun and learn the crypto markets and small some coin while doing it? Then yes, this is fine.

Is your goal to make $1 million in 1 year? Then no, this is not an aggressive way to scale up your portfolio.

Personally, I don't like the carpet bomb approach with $100. I mean if you have $1m and you want to diversify around, fine. You will not get rich quick by Diversifying $100 trying to hot potato trade. I'd do heavy research on teams and coins that are very undervalued. Fresh ICO's that haven't tapped into the market yet. Probably at this point lean towards finance/banking related crypto sectors as those don't require tech adoption and are just companies utilizing blockchain technology (make sure their not founded by bankers - my rule of thumb as you can see what happened with Tezos). For finance related crypto companies, their customers don't really need to know much about blockchain. One's like PPT, PPP, Veri, Salt Lending, make it easy for customers to get started but also have HIGH margin returns. These companies also aren't doing anything revolutionary so you don't need to wait years for them to get to market like SiaCoin or Golem Network Token. Yes they are trying to do something very cool but it probably won't be ready tomorrow, probably won't be ready next month, or even next year. So If you like Sia or Golem, throw a little at it but don't expect much from them soon. I like PPP the most. Still under $2 at at double the coin circulation of Populous (PPT), it should be half the price since they cover the same market. So if you get in now, PPP should atleast be able to reach $25 in another 4 months. I'm at the stage where I can wait 3-6 months for a trade to play out. So I just look for cheap coins that haven't popped yet, have a good team and concept.

My recommendation would be to look for 1-2 very good BIG swings every week/month to use small capital for flips (depending on how often you can find them). Trying to turn $100 to 100% or 200% gains weekly is just too much work and I no longer flip small capital anymore. They're not always guaranteed and sometimes a week can turn into two weeks, can turn into a month or so. But putting $1k into something very undervalued that can catch steam quickly in the span of less than 2 months gives higher returns (if you've done your research, you can easily get 500% or 1,000% returns) and worst case, low returns. To me it's a low risk very high reward type of play because they will pop, it's just a matter of how much and that depends on how well you've done you're research. Back when I used to make plays, LTC was not going up 600% in a weeks time.

You can also try post ICO milestones and play these swings. Many of these ICO's have just finished their crowdfunding and are fresh. They often pop when they get listed on exchanges, sign partnerships, launch alpha/beta, get pro government news, etc. If you can stay abreast of the news and can get in a day/week before this information is released, you can make out well. My friend and I used to scout whitepapers of coins we liked that were also undervalued and see that Alpha testing for XYZ ICO would be Octover 11th. So on October 1st if price was still good, we'd throw some coin at XYZ and wait for good news to come out (this is assuming you are following the company and believe it will be good news). Sometimes we get good news like Alpha is being finished up earlier and they also get listed on an exchange. Double whammy price jumped 100%. This was in the past before we were even $100bn top 100 marketcap though. It's alot easier to make money now.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your goal? Is your goal just to have fun and learn the crypto markets and small some coin while doing it? Then yes, this is fine.

Is your goal to make $1 million in 1 year? Then no, this is not an aggressive way to scale up your portfolio.

Personally, I don't like the carpet bomb approach with $100. I mean if you have $1m and you want to diversify around, fine. You will not get rich quick by Diversifying $100 trying to hot potato trade. I'd do heavy research on teams and coins that are very undervalued. Fresh ICO's that haven't tapped into the market yet. Probably at this point lean towards finance/banking related crypto sectors as those don't require tech adoption and are just companies utilizing blockchain technology (make sure their not founded by bankers - my rule of thumb as you can see what happened with Tezos). For finance related crypto companies, their customers don't really need to know much about blockchain. One's like PPT, PPP, Veri, Salt Lending, make it easy for customers to get started but also have HIGH margin returns. These companies also aren't doing anything revolutionary so you don't need to wait years for them to get to market like SiaCoin or Golem Network Token. Yes they are trying to do something very cool but it probably won't be ready tomorrow, probably won't be ready next month, or even next year. So If you like Sia or Golem, throw a little at it but don't expect much from them soon. I like PPP the most. Still under $2 at at double the coin circulation of Populous (PPT), it should be half the price since they cover the same market. So if you get in now, PPP should atleast be able to reach $25 in another 4 months. I'm at the stage where I can wait 3-6 months for a trade to play out. So I just look for cheap coins that haven't popped yet, have a good team and concept.

My recommendation would be to look for 1-2 very good BIG swings every week/month to use small capital for flips (depending on how often you can find them). Trying to turn $100 to 100% or 200% gains weekly is just too much work and I no longer flip small capital anymore. They're not always guaranteed and sometimes a week can turn into two weeks, can turn into a month or so. But putting $1k into something very undervalued that can catch steam quickly in the span of less than 2 months gives higher returns (if you've done your research, you can easily get 500% or 1,000% returns) and worst case, low returns. To me it's a low risk very high reward type of play because they will pop, it's just a matter of how much and that depends on how well you've done you're research. Back when I used to make plays, LTC was not going up 600% in a weeks time.

You can also try post ICO milestones and play these swings. Many of these ICO's have just finished their crowdfunding and are fresh. They often pop when they get listed on exchanges, sign partnerships, launch alpha/beta, get pro government news, etc. If you can stay abreast of the news and can get in a day/week before this information is released, you can make out well. My friend and I used to scout whitepapers of coins we liked that were also undervalued and see that Alpha testing for XYZ ICO would be Octover 11th. So on October 1st if price was still good, we'd throw some coin at XYZ and wait for good news to come out (this is assuming you are following the company and believe it will be good news). Sometimes we get good news like Alpha is being finished up earlier and they also get listed on an exchange. Double whammy price jumped 100%. This was in the past before we were even $100bn top 100 marketcap though. It's alot easier to make money now.
Etherdelta is the only exchange that offers paypie... is there another?

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Here's what I'm thinking:

1] Do some homework [or just watch some YouTube videos]
2] Choose your some second tier and third tier coins you like the look of
3] Invest
4] Sit on all of them... don't jump around
5] When one of them pops, sell half of it... and put those funds into another one you like
6] Rinse and repeat

Even if most of them eventually fail [the equivalent of a dot.com bubble] you may still have picked a few winners. The idea in this strategy is not to take quick easy profits in US dollars but in accruing more coins. If you buy a heap of coins in one company when its priced cheap, it is easy to sell half of them [to buy other coins] and keep half of them.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking:

1] Do some homework [or just watch some YouTube videos]
2] Choose your some second tier and third tier coins you like the look of
3] Invest
4] Sit on all of them... don't jump around
5] When one of them pops, sell half of it... and put those funds into another one you like
6] Rinse and repeat

Even if most of them eventually fail [the equivalent of a dot.com bubble] you may still have picked a few winners. The idea in this strategy is not to take quick easy profits in US dollars but in accruing more coins. If you buy a heap of coins in one company when its priced cheap, it is easy to sell half of them [to buy other coins] and keep half of them.
I prefer high risk high reward. By spreading around your money, it dilutes risk but also potentially dilutes reward. lets say 6/10 of your picks actually make you 100%+ returns. You roll those over to another 10 coins and this time 5/10 picks hit. Still decent.

What if you picked 2 coins and both hit? Bet big to win big.

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/20/why-warren-buffett-doesnt-diversify-too-much.aspx

"We try to avoid buying a little of this or that when we are only lukewarm about the business or its price. When we are convinced as to attractiveness, we believe in buying worthwhile amounts." -- Warren Buffett, 1978 Berkshire Hathaway letter to shareholders

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer high risk high reward. By spreading around your money, it dilutes risk but also potentially dilutes reward. lets say 6/10 of your picks actually make you 100%+ returns. You roll those over to another 10 coins and this time 5/10 picks hit. Still decent.

What if you picked 2 coins and both hit? Bet big to win big.

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/20/why-warren-buffett-doesnt-diversify-too-much.aspx

"We try to avoid buying a little of this or that when we are only lukewarm about the business or its price. When we are convinced as to attractiveness, we believe in buying worthwhile amounts." -- Warren Buffett, 1978 Berkshire Hathaway letter to shareholders
Yeah, what I may do is find a middle way between doing all the homework, and buying diversely. I'm thinking of putting most of my funds in those I think may do well, and then gambling just a small amount on a few of the outliers.

Not quite sure whether Buffet's investment strategy applies in this market. I'd say a LOT of these alt coins will go bust, with only a few being successful. There is huge speculation in them at the moment, which will only get bigger... good to ride the bubble in the alts, but at some time most of them may pop [not in the good way] like the dot.com leaving only a few winners. This is why I'll keep a solid core position in Bitcoin, and maybe a few others... whilst playing around with the third tiers.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@AAAgent

How many coins do you have in your portfolio?

I tried to spread the portfolio into 25 coins but definitely seems to be diminishing returns both in terms of the fact you're sleepers are holding down your winners and also the difficulty in following each coin properly.

Thinking of cutting it down to 10 solid coins and betting the house on them.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, so as soon as I get my Cryptopia account up and running, I'm going to pile into Verge and Cardano. I plan to hold on to these. I like how they are appreciating against BTC. I'll look to buy and hold another one, and then scatter a bit of money around the low caps, which I might choose to trade in the way I mentioned above.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have about 15 coins in my portfolio. 95% of them are atleast up 2x from ICO or when I got in, if not 30x to 100x+. I don't have anymore real sleepers outside PayPie but at these prices, it's not even a sleeper anymore. We'll see about WILD and DGPT. They are very long term at this point.

I'm still debating on a privacy coin but they are getting pricier by the day. I have some XMR and Cloak but XMR doesn't have masternode/staking features. I want to have my privacy coin just build on itself because there will probably be a day when I need it.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have about 15 coins in my portfolio. 95% of them are atleast up 2x from ICO or when I got in, if not 30x to 100x+. I don't have anymore real sleepers outside PayPie but at these prices, it's not even a sleeper anymore. We'll see about WILD and DGPT. They are very long term at this point.

I'm still debating on a privacy coin but they are getting pricier by the day. I have some XMR and Cloak but XMR doesn't have masternode/staking features. I want to have my privacy coin just build on itself because there will probably be a day when I need it.
So you are mostly getting into presales or icos on ether delta? Or are you investing in coins that are already showing some establishment on the major exchanges like binance?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you are mostly getting into presales or icos on ether delta? Or are you investing in coins that are already showing some establishment on the major exchanges like binance?
I get into anything I think is a good deal. ICO's used to be good deals back 6-9 months ago when they weren't as big and were under the radar. Now you can find many post ico deals that are better than actualy ICO or even presales. I'm open to both, but many of the ICO's I've been interested in always have too much hype which crushes demand on release. This might be changing as new money is coming in so I will need to re-evaluate as I missed Wabi and that did spike and I didn't pass ICX KYC which also 10-20x on token release (this is surprising as South Korea has totally changed it's pro crypto tune in the last 4 months).

I try to also find coins/tokens that are atleast beaten down in BTC if not beaten down in BTC and USD values. They have good active development, team, and roadmap. This strategy now needs to be evaluated as the market is changing. Too much money coming in driving up prices of ALL coins. This has also pushed BTC drastically up skewing BTC charts a bit. As i'm not a day trader or a trader at all per se, it's a bit difficult to find bargains in this market where everything is up in USD and BTC values are skewed all down. I'm more value investor and in the crypto world when time moves at 20x speeds, investing and roi is very quick.

My portfolio is already rock solid and I just plugged my privacy coin hole with Cloak entirely. It's definitely undervalued as all the major privacy coins are mooning right now. Code is tighter than monero, has a good active dev team, and has better privacy features. The fact that it's market cap is still miniscule and is older than the majority of the other privacy coins out there because there's no McAfee pumping it makes it undervalued in my opinion. It also happens to be right at the breakout trend line.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to also find coins/tokens that are atleast beaten down in BTC if not beaten down in BTC and USD values. They have good active development, team, and roadmap. This strategy now needs to be evaluated as the market is changing. Too much money coming in driving up prices of ALL coins. This has also pushed BTC drastically up skewing BTC charts a bit. As i'm not a day trader or a trader at all per se, it's a bit difficult to find bargains. I'm more value investor and in the crypto world when time moves at 20x speeds, investing and roi is very quick.
I notice that alts are priced in both BTC/ Satoshis and US dollars at Coinmarketcap.com. The right way to value the alts has to be by using the LOG chart and looking at the relative price in Bitcoin.

if you pull up the LOG chart of Bitcoin on that site, you can see what is happening clearly, quietly and consistently with the trend in Bitcoin. It chews up the 1000 level, then the 10,000 level, next we'll see the 100,000 level more quickly than most would expect. Why because most are focused on the dollar as their unit of value, and think a thousand dollars is a lot... when in Bitcoin terms a thousand dollars now is equivalent to a hundred dollars just a few months back.

Either things are skewed, or our way of perceiving them are.... and that is called money illusion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_illusion

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wins and losses (excluding BTC, ETH, and LTC)

Four columns for easy identification are: Entry price; high price; current price; did I recoup original investment yet;

Veritaseum Entry $6, High $240, Current $115, Recouped principle yes

Populous - Entry $0.33, High $11, Current $9, Yes

AdEx Entry $0.33, High $2.6, Current $1, Yes

OmiseGo Entry $3, High $14, Current $8, Yes

NEO Entry $15, High $48, Current $38, Yes

CLOAK Entry $4, High $14, Current $6, Yes

---

WILD Entry $0.10, High $0.15, Current $0.10, No (Hindsight, I don't think I would get in this one again)

DGPT Entry $0.8, n/a, n/a, No

PayPie Entry $0.33, High $0.60, Current $0.53, No

Walton Entry $5.1, High $9, Current $4.90, No
Update on these coins since I've mentioned them.

Veri - up 300%+ since I posted
Adex - up 300%+ since I posted
PPT - up 550%+ since I posted
OMG - up 150%+ since I posted
NEO - up 300%+ "
WILD - up 800%+ "
DGPT - up 600%+ volume is growing
PayPie - up 450%+
Cloak - up 500%+

Scaled into KMD as well @ $9

If you're sitting on the sidelines, educate yourself and get in. This space is pretty much easy money at this point that even the blind could lead and make bank. I see it in real life, online, and even here in SS.

I'm traveling to a conference later this month and next month to meet up with some people to discuss a crypto project I'm working on.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will be attwnding a blockchain conference in London this month. See you there?