A goodlooking face or money is everything. Not being Don Juan.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
That happens to me. My personality is **** and I can't do **** about it.
Your personality is one of the few things you can always change...

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
I don't understand how money helps to get girls, I'm tired of hearing that ****. I earn a lot. How would any random girl I meet on the street know that? Should I wear a pant with many pockets and have high denomination bills sticking out of them?
They can tell by the type of clothes you wear, your car, and your possessions. Basically anything materialistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoKA-a5vEEc

rhcp83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What is all this "game" talk like it's the 90s? Women don't date or bang guys because of "game"...if you think you got your girlfriend or the girl you banged because of your "game" your actually doing yourself a disservice. Odds are she found you physically attractive and you didn't f*** it up with a lame personality.

Yes, a lame personality can turn off a woman even a woman that's interested and finds you attractive, but please "game" has nothing to do with it and is just something David DeAngelo, Mystery, Neil Strauss and the like made up to sell books to chumps like the guys on this site.

I also agree with the person that said approaching a lot of women and getting a "yes" is the answer for those who aren't fortunate enough to be universally attractive. There WILL be a woman your type out there that likes you...it's just up to you to take a lot of rejections and be a man in the meantime.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They matter. Those Diet Coke ads in the 90s and 00s, which were advertising a low-calorie drink aimed at women, always sold the fantasy of a 'hunky' guy with the product. I remember seeing one in the exact same line of ads where a woman is on a train and expects the guy opposite reading a newspaper to look like one of these hunks- the guy puts down the paper and instead looks a bit dorky, and the woman's eyes dart around in disdain or embarassment.

It is one of the reasons I stayed away from TV, understanding that it is all fake- but in reality many girls would react the same, because we live in a media-savvy world. I was often outcasted in my youth for being or acting different, or outside the norm. Any other reason why my outlook on life is so bad right now?

I also wanted to add that, yes, it is easy to get angry and bitter and frustrated with this, but it isn't helpful. We have to accept that this is what life is.

Last edited:

Sh0t

Don Juan
Reaction score
Money and looks matter.

Game matters, too, but if you had a choice between looks+money or having impeccable game, take looks+money. Why work so hard if you don't have to?

That's what the issue really is. You can work hard, or you can hardly work. If you have money and looks, you hardly have to work. If you don't, you have to get your grind on.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know alot of hideous low quality guys(broke) that have bad chicks. yes the other stuff can increase the probubility of success but look @ it like this. If ur filthy rich but u have a 2" pecker do you think ul have success w/the ladies?

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not good looking or wealthy...forever alone : (

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The media surely must have some impact on all this. In the past, I have been sized up by my looks by groups of girls when I walk into some place, just like the women do in the rom-coms when they scan guys on a night out- this used to happen to me aged around 18-20.
I am glad I am at a phase where I am above such immaturity and a warped idea of reality. A lot of girls liked doing a little number on me. Also I live in the UK, and girls my age are not so forgiving over obvious shortcomings..some are really mean.

learning about relationships in school, we never were taught about physical attraction, which is the most important and problematic aspect of dating, especially when you're young. It was only things like 'I like burgers. Hey, so do I!', that sort of thing. That stuff has little validity in the real world.

Last edited: