Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

A colleague has been bringing food to me at work

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have flirted with with this divorcee in the past, and she is aware that I find her attractive. She mentioned prior of a long distance boyfriend she met on the internet. Not that I give a ****.

However, over the past month, this divorcee has been bringing her homemade food for me every couple of days or so. Her food is not half bad, and I find it endearing that she makes such effort.

Which brings me to what happened today.

It is festive holidays where I’m at, and I happen to have plenty of good food. I texted her that I’ve got surplus, and I don’t mind dropping off some food at her place. It wouldn’t be the first time I went to her place.

just when I would think any decent human beiwould appreciate reciprocity, she replied with “My bf thinks it is inappropriate”

WTF

This would be the weirdest interaction I’ve had with a woman.

What could be her incentive/motivation for bringing me food, when she unable to accept my returning the deed with a piss-poor excuse?

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
WTF
What could be her incentive/motivation for bringing me food, when she unable to accept my returning the deed with a piss-poor excuse?
So what?
Ignore it.
Why expect "Man Logic" from a divorced woman that has one BF and flirts with others?
It is what it is,...and always was what it was, ...and it is going to be what it is going to be.

Her BF is in the role of "BF".
You are in the role of "The other guy".
She wants you to stay in your role and not try to take over the BF's role.

Last edited:

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have flirted with with this divorcee in the past, and she is aware that I find her attractive. She mentioned prior of a long distance boyfriend she met on the internet. Not that I give a ****.

However, over the past month, this divorcee has been bringing her homemade food for me every couple of days or so. Her food is not half bad, and I find it endearing that she makes such effort.

It is festive holidays where I’m at, and I happen to have plenty of good food. I texted her that I’ve got surplus, and I don’t mind dropping off some food at her place. It wouldn’t be the first time I went to her place.

just when I would think any decent human beiwould appreciate reciprocity, she replied with “My bf thinks it is inappropriate”

WTF

S**t test. You don't reply. Or if you do, just say "All good". And more importantly, MOVE ON. NEXT.

Plus, why would you entertain not only messing with someone at work but someone that is divorced and has a bf?

Modern Man Advice

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you go to her place / what did you do??

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

WTF

You should feed her some salami, then ask if her bf would find that inappropriate.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
"Now that I think about it, he is right. You would probably have a hard time keeping your hands off me and try to seduce me. Better not tempt you like that." with a smirk emoji...

Unphased and show confidence. Let her know you know she wants you.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It would seem she would like a piece of sausage from you

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She could just be being friendly.

Generally speaking, it's amazing how thirsty us guys can act with pretty women.

Just because she brings you a piece of cheesecake every now and then doesn't necessarily mean she wants the D.
Yes true. I guess the OP needs to update us wether she leaves her BF and he gives her the old pork sword,the bacon bazooka,to continue the food analogy

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with customs/culture where you are, so I'm only guessing she was being friendly by bringing you food.
Granted. Then there’s no reason why she would find me giving food back as being inappropriate. It’s not like I’m stuffing my duck in her mouth.

She is Chinese, and a thrifty and calculative one.

Last edited:

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
S**t test. You don't reply. Or if you do, just say "All good". And more importantly, MOVE ON. NEXT.

Plus, why would you entertain not only messing with someone at work but someone that is divorced and has a bf?

Modern Man Advice
for 2 reasons:
1) covid lockdown has been pushing me to my limits.

2) she is smoking hot

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what?
Ignore it.
Why expect "Man Logic" from a divorced woman that has one BF and flirts with others?
It is what it is,...and always was what it was, ...and it is going to be what it is going to be.

Her BF is in the role of "BF".
You are in the role of "The other guy".
She wants you to stay in your role and not try to take over the BF's role.
Care to expand on the concept of “the other guy”?

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes true. I guess the OP needs to update us wether she leaves her BF and he gives her the old pork sword,the bacon bazooka,to continue the food analogy
I doubt she wants to leave him.

I just don’t get her “I can be nice to you, but you can’t be nice to me” schtick.

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo
She could just be being friendly.

Generally speaking, it's amazing how thirsty us guys can act with pretty women.

Just because she brings you a piece of cheesecake every now and then doesn't necessarily mean she wants the D.
Your logic is not sound.

if she is just bring friendly by giving me food without any motive, why can’t I do the same to return the favour?

I may think with my p3nis, but you think like a woman.

OldComeBacker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women bring me food all the time and I don't read anything into it.
I think it's different bringing food to work versus stopping by her house. Sure, you can take apart her logic and "win" this argument but you are thinking too much.

OldComeBacker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo

Your logic is not sound.

if she is just bring friendly by giving me food without any motive, why can’t I do the same to return the favour?

I may think with my p3nis, but you think like a woman.
She's bring you food at work, you want to enter her home. Maybe you should think like a woman a little bit in this case, to have some perspective about why you are jumping to good conclusions when it favors you but not understanding why when it doesn't.

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's bring you food at work, you want to enter her home. Maybe you should think like a woman a little bit in this case, to have some perspective about why you are jumping to good conclusions when it favors you but not understanding why when it doesn't.
I wasn’t planning to enter her home. As I’ve mentioned, I just wanted to drop off at her place.

I was on a food drop run anyway, to give away food to others and not her alone.