Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

50 - what now?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed several threads lately about guys turning 30 and worrying about being too old and such.

Okay, I turned 50 recently. Anybody want to try to make me feel good about that?
Lol.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, I'll be 30 this year and I'm not concerned about it. In fact, I think life really starts to take off around this time because you start to gain momentum in an actuall career, you are wiser, you're generally over banging random skanks, and you still have physical youth on your side.

If it makes you feel better, my pops is 55 and he is doing better than he ever has. He's at the top of his profession, in great shape, engaged to a really hot veterinary surgeon 10 years younger than him, and lives in Vail, CO. Not bad if you ask me.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Anybody want to try to make me feel good about that?
Lol.

Life begins at 50. :rockon:

Personally, turning 50 for me was no big deal. I count my blessings that I didn't screw up too bad in my life. I still have the curiosity of my youth with the added wisdom of experience.

Today's 50 is yesterday's 30. :rolleyes:

As men, we are luckier than women. Our expiry date is a lot longer than most women. My family was blessed with the "young" gene and I still get mistaken for being in my 30s. I occasionally run into ex girlfriends from my past and some of them look old enough to be my mother. I'm thankful that I never bowed to pressure to settle down with any of them.

I retired in my late 40s and life is a blast. Women are plentiful with the added luxury of firmly believing that I'm the prize. I don't pursue women, they pursue me. I don't need to feed my ego and am LJBFing more women than have ever done the same to me. Whoda thunk it?

Cheers!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
I retired in my late 40s and life is a blast
Being 30 is definitely better than being 20 IMO.
But I can't really think of any advantage there is to being 50 that doesn't also go with being 40. Except one - you're closer to retirement.
That's the main goal I'm working toward now, and the main goal I've been working on for a number of years. I'm looking forward to getting out of the rat race. Unfortunately with the economic downturn I've fallen behind my original projections so I may have to work another 10 years :/

Originally I wanted to retire by 55 but with the increasing cost of health care and the stock market drops I probably won't be comfortable with that.

Some people are workaholics and wouldn't be happy not working. I am not one of them. I have a lot of hobbies and I would much rather spend my time and energy on them, working out, maintaining the house, and self improvement than going to work.

romangod said:
Women are plentiful with the added luxury of firmly believing that I'm the prize. I don't pursue women, they pursue me.
I have found that women pursue me more now that I'm older, but I still don't think it happens as often as it should :)

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My goals are different than when I was 30. I have my 2 sons.[didn't then] My next goal is to pay for my retirement and leave a million to each of my sons when I'm gone in 35/40 years. I plan on having fun,dating, traveling along the way.

BUT, I no longer need a woman to meet ANY of my long term goals. Short term,I'd like one around. BUT there is no rush,no pressure to run out and find one tomorrow or the next day[got 2 or 3 prospects now-they have a hard time understanding that-used to men NEEDING them]

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I get hung up on getting older I remind myself that age is just a number. It is more important to focus on how you feel.

When you maintain a youthful attitude not only do you feel younger personally but others pick up on it too. I always get surprised comments when people find out how "old" I am. I have a few friends who always get mistaken as being much older than I am despite looking much younger. I believe it's because they act much more "mature".

Feeling young and looking young go hand in hand.

Powerlifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will turn 52 April 16 and I get compliments all the time I don't look my age.

The most annoying part about aging is I have to remember to keep the dam hairs off my ears and growing out my nose and my brow.

I had a professional picture taken awhile back really looking sharp in my black leather jacket and tie etc. If someone would have gotten an extreme close up of this picture you would of seen a long nose hair curling up toward the tip of my nose. Apparently I didn't take long enough time trimming and didn't even feel it on my nose and I am sure the lady who took the picture noticed but just didn't feel her place to say hey you have a nose hair coming out there fella lol!

Outside of that it's basic grooming but I have to spend extra time on that or I'll freak out the ladies.

I do enjoy the wisdom and knowledge I have gained through the years and still feel I have much more to gain in the years ahead.

Powerlifter

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaw it's nice to read our dad's having a great conversations on turning 50, lol. Hi, dad.

JD57

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 50+, but I look it. Yall are lucky.
Good job, have money.
I need to socialize a little more and improve my fitness. But I won't expect them to come running up to me.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
At 50, you should be mature enough to know better than to feel down about being 50. ;)

Just keep living.
Yup ^^

OldbutSTRONG

Don Juan
Reaction score
The saddest part of turning 50 is seeing either your parents pass away or seeing their health deteriorate.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it interesting that I've noticed in the past couple of years that the young whippersnappers here on SS (and I definitely say that affectionately) are showing a lot more respect and are valuing our advice much more highly.

I'm not sure why that is, but it's good to see. When I was younger (heck, I'm still young AFAIC), I always looked to older folks for their wisdom. Maybe they would sometimes seem a little crotchety and eccentric, but I knew enough to eat the meat of their wisdom and spit out the bones.

I'd love to write more, but I've got to go and change my "Depends".

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
At 50, you should be mature enough to know better than to feel down about being 50
At 50, you should be mature enough not to be hanging around on a pickup forum :)

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
survivorman said:
@jafyk,

Why you little...!!!
What's the problem I was just saying hi, lol? If I'm interrupting this moment of epiphany (or grown folks time) I'ill just come back later, lol. All I can say is that I hope at 50 I have someone I can home to and they are still happy to see me.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all I hope is I am alive at 50, "feel" wealthy when I look back and feel content about my life ..

It'd be absolutely dreadful to look back and see a hollow pit with no meanings and achievements.

though a life spent mastering the arts of skirt-chasing is not at all a waste, in my opinion ..

"Women" could be a serious hobby -- but you have to keep it real :)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all I hope is I am alive at 50, "feel" wealthy when I look back and feel content about my life
When you're young you think being 50 is about looking back. But when you're 50 you're concerned about getting on with your life.

I'm settled down myself (at least for now), but quite a few of the 50+ guys here are still making women a "serious hobby", and still working on "mastering the art of skirt-chasing".

Nemic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I find it interesting that I've noticed in the past couple of years that the young whippersnappers here on SS (and I definitely say that affectionately) are showing a lot more respect and are valuing our advice much more highly.

I'm not sure why that is, but it's good to see. When I was younger (heck, I'm still young AFAIC), I always looked to older folks for their wisdom. Maybe they would sometimes seem a little crotchety and eccentric, but I knew enough to eat the meat of their wisdom and spit out the bones.

I'd love to write more, but I've got to go and change my "Depends".

20-25 I thought I knew it all and didn't need help. When I talked with my dad, I never listened to him, cause it always felt like a lecture. I wanted to make my own mistakes.
26-30 I realize I know a lot, but I still don't know $hit. When my dad talks, I listen, and I have a real conversation with him. Now I want to use his wisdom to avoid the mistakes he made while I continue to build experience.

The one thing many of the 'legends'/Older Whippersnappers :rockon: of SS do here is cut through the bull$hit and see something (and someone) for exactly what it is. Example off the top of my head: Rollo has an uncanny ability to read a very long post (and I admit if I see a long post from someone with under 500 posts, no age or < 40 I skim, don't read it with a few exceptions) and summarize it into a very concise post that is like calling someone out, but in a very non-confrontational way with aims to help. A lot of the older SS posters really do take the time to post insightful help, and anyone that is willing to do that for someone else garners a lot of respect from me in a humbling way.

Minor thanks to the gents that take your time to be (mostly!) constructive and try to genuinely help us youngins ;)

Myrrdin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for existing oh wise men. (not an irony)

I've really learned a lot since being here. Also, I've started listening to my dad a lot more and overall everything is improving.

"Being a man" should be taught in school! With reference books of Rollo, Atom jophil, Warrior, etc. You know who you are.

You guys are like invisible spirits or wells of wisdom that us young ones occasionally query. You give us direction.